996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fabspeed Straight Pipes - OH MY GOD!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 10:21 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RobynC
According to Fabspeed, they are not available for 2003 yet. I've been waiting for them to be "made" now since the beginning of November. For 2002 and later, they are available. I'd be interested to know the size difference from wide body to a 2003 model narrowbody. Frankly, I am getting tired of waiting.

Robyn
Not that I am considering these or anything, but if I had called Fabspeed last week, they might have told me they are not available yet, but expect them in a few weeks (mid January). If I had looked into this that is

Old 12-31-2003, 12:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Is the Fabspeed exhaust the best one for the turbos? Looks like I need to add one to the list.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 12-31-2003, 12:28 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by lee2375
Is the Fabspeed exhaust the best one for the turbos? Looks like I need to add one to the list.
Certainly one of the loudest with good power gains....however in terms of quality, im not sure? There have been a number of guys who have had issues with bad welds, etc. Maybe just a coincidence?

Old 12-31-2003, 01:27 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Good thing is that even if there is a problem with the Fabspeed, Joe Fabiani (owner of Fabspeed) is a nice guy and stands behind his product 100%...I believe he is fixing/replacing Evan's exhaust after a similar crack apopeared free of charge...

Old 12-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Happy New Year Guys
On some of the early 996TT SuperSport exhaust systems- Fabspeed Motorsport made the double canister system look like industrial artwork and some have had cracks due to heat cycling, hitting speedbumps on lowered cars and etc. This is not becasue of a lack of quality as we use ultra heavy duty T304stianless steel.
The FREE UPGRADE is to ship the system back and we will reinforce and gusset the system and you'll never ever have any problems. On all 2nd Version Supersport systems all systems have these EXTRA reinforcements.

Best of all these systems make the most horsepower and Torque by a significant margin over any and all other 996TT exhaust systems offered worldwide and are completely SOUND adjustable for the street to the racetrack!

There are about 75+ 996TT, X50, GT2 owners out there worldwide running each and every day with GT2 straight pipes!

Have a Happy New Year
Joe Fabiani

Old 12-31-2003, 02:30 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
So, Joe, whats the "scoop" on straight pipes for newer 996 C2's and C4S' ??
Available ???

Old 12-31-2003, 02:36 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport
are completely SOUND adjustable for the street to the racetrack!
Joe,

Are you referring to the 3 different versions that are offered...Straight pipes, Supersport and Quiet. Or, do you actually offer custom sound levels based on customers' preferences (e.g., add on resonators, etc.)?

Old 12-31-2003, 02:54 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Joe, I have to say that you provide great service. Thanks for repairing the exhaust. I love the straight pipes. Now I only wish you made pipes that were bigger to fill the big exhaust holes in the bumper. Hint, hint... ;-)

Old 12-31-2003, 03:03 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I owuld love straight pipes that would accept the OEM or Techart tips...Double HINT HINT

Old 12-31-2003, 05:32 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
Can someone post a wav or a vid so I can hear the how the straights sound?

Old 12-31-2003, 05:35 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
I will try sometime this week.

Old 12-31-2003, 05:56 PM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Dabum
Can someone post a wav or a vid so I can hear the how the straights sound?
Sharky's: Straight Pipes

Old 01-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hi everyone Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsport
Would anyone be interested in Fabspeed 996TT straight pipes that would HOOK UP to all stock 996TT factory tips and TechArt tips?

On the normally aspirated 996 2002+ cars & GT3.......I have finished several sets for a testfit--- we are ready for production. 1st person that calls and comes to the SHOP will get a FREE System. Must make 100% sure that they fit.

Have a great weekend.
Joe

Old 01-02-2004, 07:13 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Straight pipes on the Turbo to loud for me ....

Old 01-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Joe,

How about a "group buy" price for a set of those straight pipes? I know of atleast 2 C4S's that would definitely scoop up a pair...Not to mention that "both" C4S's will be at the Bay Area Run on the 31st, soooo, imagine all the other cars that will be there that will just have to have a set of those pipes...just a thought

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Straight Pipes - OH MY GOD!