996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fabspeed Straight Pipes - OH MY GOD!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 10:11 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Fabspeed Straight Pipes - OH MY GOD!

How many on the board have them on now? All I can say is Holy Sh....! It is really loud. I love it and might decide not to put my Fabspeed Loud Exhaust back on when I get it back. There was a crack in it so I am having that repaired.

The car sounds like a pure race car! Is it illegal to drive with those on? Is it bad for the car?

thanks,

Fred

Old 12-30-2003, 10:18 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, those are off my car!! No it won't hurt anything. Illegal. I haven't been pulled over with them.

Old 12-30-2003, 10:21 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Stephen, you might not get them back now

Old 12-30-2003, 10:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I used to run those.. did for ages. For the shoot out we went back to the mufflers.. but you remember 'em don't ya?

Old 12-30-2003, 11:14 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
Fred:

Could you possibly post some sound clips of the straight pipes. They may not exactly be "law abiding" but they will not hurt your engine at all, just the driver ear's in the car behind you!

Old 12-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
Hey Fred - If you decide you don't like them, let me know, I have had mine on order with Fabspeed now for nearly TWO MONTHS! I can't wait to get them on my car and would love to have the mod done before the meet at the end of January.

Robyn

Old 12-31-2003, 01:00 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
You didn't mention that you were getting them so soon today Fred

I may end up showing up with a set of those sewer pipes on my C4S as well for the Bay Area Meet...Doug mentioned the same thing. Doh! Did I let the cat out of the bag Doug?

Old 12-31-2003, 01:25 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RobynC
Hey Fred - If you decide you don't like them, let me know, I have had mine on order with Fabspeed now for nearly TWO MONTHS! I can't wait to get them on my car and would love to have the mod done before the meet at the end of January.

Robyn
Turbo bypass pipes wont fit on a normal carrera, so I guess you are stuck waiting in line
But when you get them, make sure to post your thoughts on them

Old 12-31-2003, 01:41 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by mehrabani1
Turbo bypass pipes wont fit on a normal carrera, so I guess you are stuck waiting in line
But when you get them, make sure to post your thoughts on them
Actually, they are available. Check out the f\Fabspeed web page sometime

Old 12-31-2003, 04:19 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Fred - what exactly happened to your fabspeed muffler?? Third person I know of with a 'crack' problem (play on owrds only LOL) and am getting worried...

Old 12-31-2003, 07:19 AM
Bob M is infamous around these parts
Hey Fred,
I have had mt Fabspeed straight pipes on since last August and really like them. So far I have not had any complaints or problems with excessive noise issues. Man, you should hear them on the track. It is an awesome sound that turns heads!

Regarding the crack issue, I have the same problem. When we pulled my Super Sport exhaust off, we discovered 2 broken mounting points and a crack in the 3rd. Based on the same stories others have related that obviously there is a design problem that needs to be adressed. From what my tuner friend tells me, Joe knows there is a problem and is working on a fix. When he is ready with a fix, I am considering having my faulty "loud" exhaust replaced with the quiet version. That will give me the option to go either way depending on need.

A point of interest, as loud as the straight pipes are, when you are out on the expressway, it is actually not too loud at cruise. I took my tt on a 2 1/2 hour drive up into Northern MI, found an RPM that minimized the resonance, set the cruise control and could actually listen to the stereo and talk with my wife without yelling in her ear! But, having lived with this setup for a while now, I can see the occasional need to use a quieter system as well.

Old 12-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Porsche Chick
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
Actually, they are available. Check out the f\Fabspeed web page sometime

According to Fabspeed, they are not available for 2003 yet. I've been waiting for them to be "made" now since the beginning of November. For 2002 and later, they are available. I'd be interested to know the size difference from wide body to a 2003 model narrowbody. Frankly, I am getting tired of waiting.

Robyn

Last edited by RobynC; 12-31-2003 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:31 AM
Andrew708
little advice...

Fred..make sure you clean your car often..the staight pipes give off major soot.....after one run i noticed it.....also make sure they dont burn your bumper b/c duane's bumper is starting to burn.....i guess it's worth it..that sound...oh my

Old 12-31-2003, 09:34 AM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RobynC
I'd be interested to know the size difference from wide body to a 2003 model narrowbody. Frankly, I am getting tired of waiting.
It is a different design all together for NA:

996 Narrowbody / C4S

996 Turbo

Old 12-31-2003, 10:14 AM
Porsche Chick
Awesome, thanks Dan! I had a feeling that the cats were in a different place. This place is dangerous...I tend to ask a lot of questions. I am way too curious for my own good...I did that prior to each car I've purchased...this isn't a good sign!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Straight Pipes - OH MY GOD!