996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Corvette forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:54 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Look, we get ****heads on this board too, but they seem to get banned faster here than on CF. I'm a senior member on CF too, and in general, the guys that actually own Corvettes are decent car guys that love all makes and models. I usually stay out of those threads or correct the errors, just as many of us do here.

FWIW, if stock for stock 996TTs are beating C6Zs or C6Zs are beating CGTs I'd like to see the videos.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:56 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Craig, You da man!!!!

Old 06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
C-c-c-can't we all just get along?

Old 06-14-2006, 07:45 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
Craig,

A very well executed post. I am glad there are Porsche owners who have class in posting at cruicial times. I for one, could not have executed a post like that. Thanks, on my behalf for a wonderful post.

BTW, ONERAREVIPER needs an AS5 wippin for his stupidly written post. Is he by any way married to the guy you confronted ?

CRAIG for
MODERATOR!!
Originally Posted by grussell
Craig, You da man!!!!
CRAIG for
MODERATOR!!

Old 06-14-2006, 07:52 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I'd second that! Craig for president...

Old 06-14-2006, 09:22 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AZBoostjunkie
Good point. The plate on my Supra is "VPERKLR", every now and then people get their panties in a bunch over it (Viper owners and non Viper owners) at which time I point out to them that I don't hate Vipers, in fact I have one (it's plate is "KLRVPER").
Haha that's pretty cool! Anyway i dont see it as a big deal on either end or for people in general to get pissed about it. Only time i would care, would be if i actually gave someone the challenge (a la Craig) and the owner turned it down!

Old 06-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craig
I just posted on Corvette Forums.

Gentlemen, I humbly suggest that we all refrain from derrogatory references/generalizations regarding Corvette owners (absent specific conduct warranting the criticism). We are better than that.

Craig
Damn Craig - Thems is fightin' words!

Here's my favorite post, a little back-draft from a fellow homie of his,

"Only problem is that at least one of those guys has offered his Porsche up for "smoking" and you turned him down; not once but twice you wimped out. As far as the "car dude" thing is concerned, I like some performance cars more than others; but I dont' as you say hate any of them. So speak for yourself. And take that stupid frame off you car because most who see you with it think you're a dork!"

Old 06-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
Here's my favorite post, a little back-draft from a fellow homie of his,

"Only problem is that at least one of those guys has offered his Porsche up for "smoking" and you turned him down; not once but twice you wimped out. As far as the "car dude" thing is concerned, I like some performance cars more than others; but I dont' as you say hate any of them. So speak for yourself. And take that stupid frame off you car because most who see you with it think you're a dork!"

My friend Ric posted that.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:48 AM
AZBoostjunkie is infamous around these parts
Thanks!

I agree 100%, the only Viper I have lost to (and I know there are more crazy fast Vipers out there) is my buddies 1400+ RWHP Viper TT, he too owns a Supra and loves the plates on both of my cars

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Haha that's pretty cool! Anyway i dont see it as a big deal on either end or for people in general to get pissed about it. Only time i would care, would be if i actually gave someone the challenge (a la Craig) and the owner turned it down!

Old 06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
whitlock is infamous around these parts
Was reading Autoweek and came accross this, made me smile with all these Corvette vs. 911 posts lately:

"With my 911 S, I now understand why guys who can afford to spend $30,000 more than the cost of a Corvette for roughly the same performance do so," said one former C5 Corvette owner. "Rides at speeds that are white-knuckle affairs in the Corvette are casual, one-hand-on-the-wheel events in the 911."

Old 06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
craig you have a crazy way with words! major props to you.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:52 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
wow I read the same thing last night and thought the exact same thing

autoweek mag is great not just coz of the articles but the coz it is priced well and comes (duh) weekly ;-)

Old 06-15-2006, 11:14 PM
pakisho is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Attachment 35369 I also own a 1000hp ZO6 and the vette guys that I hang out with are very cool and respecting...

I agree. You know some very cool people that own vettes.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:04 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by AZBoostjunkie
Thanks!

I agree 100%, the only Viper I have lost to (and I know there are more crazy fast Vipers out there) is my buddies 1400+ RWHP Viper TT, he too owns a Supra and loves the plates on both of my cars
Hmmmm...could that be Peter ...

Originally Posted by pakisho
I agree. You know some very cool people that own vettes.
Hey how did you know I was talking about you!!

Old 06-16-2006, 08:45 AM
AZBoostjunkie is infamous around these parts
Peter and I are good friends, but we haven't had our cars together yet. His car is definitely capable of smoking my Supra.

The Viper I lost to is a local TT Viper

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Hmmmm...could that be Peter ...

Hey how did you know I was talking about you!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Corvette forum