996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I just bought a GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 10:08 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Vincent my friend I am so sorry I scanned thru the thread and didnt see that you caught it first that it was my car, you have a great eye dude.
I owe you a beer for that one and you even posted my thread.
I was so excited I just wanted to post that a reply about it and didnt read the rest of the replies that is how excited I am. My "old" GT2 is gonna be in some good hands and company with Joe's stable, I SO want his 68 Dodge Charger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How you like your new B

Old 06-14-2006, 10:13 PM
cgmeredithjr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I found a beautiful 2002 GT2, GT Silver, blk interior, large carbon pkg., carbon wing blade and side mirrors, with 7800 miles. I got it from the same place as the CGT, Bentley Downers Grove just outside of Chicago. I'm hoping to have it here by the middle of next week. My first stop with the car will be EVOMS, where I've already scheduled to have all of the GT700 goodies transplanted from my turbo. I'll be selling my turbo after the transplant. I can't wait to take the GT to the track. I'm also having EVOMS install their strengthened axles. From what I've been told, a GT700/GT2 is pretty much the ultimate performance machine
Congrats on the purchase! Other items you may want to try on the GT2 GT700: Replace the stock brake pads with Pagid RS-19 Endurance pads and change your fliuid to Castrol SRF, Buy a set of the new Nitto NT-01 R-compound road race tires so that you don't kill yourself...these tires are as sticky as a warmed up slick when they are stone cold...I'm not kidding! If you are going to track the car a lot, add Motons and enjoy.

Cleve

Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2006, 10:15 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
What's sad is that the Charger is about 2 weeks away from blowing the doors of the GT (in a straight line). The new Hemi is in now along with the tranny. The rear end should have gone in today. The motor made 785hp (on a motor dyno)on a low RPM pull with 2 1/2 inch headers it's got 3 1/2 inch headers now. It's got a nitrous cam which will multiply the nitrous HP shot by 150%. So when I spray the 200 shot it will make about 300 HP more. At the end of the day, the car will make over 1100hp on the spray. The car weighs in at about 3400lbs. We predict that the car will run low high 8's to low 9's and trap in the low 150's.

http://scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/1...gecharger.html

Wholly crap ! That is a monster. I fell in love with Chargers as a little kid, my bro's first car when we came to the US was a emerald greem 68 Charger with a 383ci, he wishes he NEVER sold it as what they are getting for them now is just phenomenal. My cousin had a 69 1/2 Super Bee and his brother a Challenger with a 440-6pack. Them real muscle cars there. The Super Bee was a menacing looking car.
Post some pics of the charger when all is said and done.

Bajo

Old 06-14-2006, 10:16 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr
Congrats on the purchase! Other items you may want to try on the GT2 GT700: Replace the stock brake pads with Pagid RS-19 Endurance pads and change your fliuid to Castrol SRF, Buy a set of the new Nitto NT-01 R-compound road race tires so that you don't kill yourself...these tires are as sticky as a warmed up slick when they are stone cold...I'm not kidding! If you are going to track the car a lot, add Motons and enjoy.

Cleve
Thanks for the info!!! I was hoping that you would chime in!! I'm making the order based on your suggestions!

Old 06-14-2006, 10:17 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
How you like your new B
Vince, I am lovin every minute of it man, I truly love the Bentley CGT.

Bajo

Old 06-14-2006, 10:18 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute

Wholly crap ! That is a monster. I fell in love with Chargers as a little kid, my bro's first car when we came to the US was a emerald greem 68 Charger with a 383ci, he wishes he NEVER sold it as what they are getting for them now is just phenomenal. My cousin had a 69 1/2 Super Bee and his brother a Challenger with a 440-6pack. Them real muscle cars there. The Super Bee was a menacing looking car.
Post some pics of the charger when all is said and done.

Bajo
You bet!!!

The cars are at their most valuable point now because during the making of the new Dukes of Hazzard movie they bought (and wrecked) every available '68 and '69 Charger to do the stunts for the movie

Old 06-14-2006, 10:20 PM
cgmeredithjr is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info!!! I was hoping that you would chime in!! I'm making the order based on your suggestions!
Glad to help...shoot me any questions. I have had my car since 01/05 and drive it daily...already 18,000 miles...I can't get out of it, except when it rains.

Cleve

Old 06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Vince, I am lovin every minute of it man, I truly love the Bentley CGT.

Bajo
Some pics bro

Old 06-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Some pics bro
Yes Pics, Pics Pics!!!

Here are a couple of mine...

Old 06-14-2006, 11:20 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Luis, when I get it, we'll have to do the GT2, GT3, CGT family photoshoot thing

congrats!!!!...happy to help out with the photoshoot

Old 06-14-2006, 11:44 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your GT2! You will really enjoy the change from the TT.

I switched in 2004 from a 996 TT with Ruf mods. I have done GIAC, Europipe exhaust, Baily's DV's, Castoral SRF, swapped out the PCCB brakes for steel (went with Cup car calipers and rotors), GMG roll bar and harness. Love the car.

If I did it again I would go with Ruf mods as their power band was a bit more linear. I drove a GT2 with their 590 hp Nardo motor. That would be my perfect solution.

Enjoy your car in good health. Hope to make one of your events one day from S. Calif.

JCM

Old 06-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Some pics bro
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50194

Old 06-15-2006, 12:04 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm...If you ran out of room in the garage for the TT, I'll keep a watchful eye on it for ya

Old 06-15-2006, 01:24 AM
VRAlexander
I am late on reading this thread (had to catch up on sleep since all the late night Mexico runs).....

CONGRATS ON THE NEW ACQUISITION!!

Enjoy in good health and GOD's Speed!! Just watch out for that photo radar on the freeways around Scottsdale!!

Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr

Cleve
Cleve that's some helpfull info for everyone.. Why do you choose Pagid RS-19 over lets say, Pagid Orange or Ble, just wondering. I was advised to go Blue by my shop, but others say orange can be driven on street with hardly any squeeking if bedded in properly, just wanted your expertise. And Castrol over Motul fluid?

Sorry to hijack the thread, this could potentially answer questions for others also

Martin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I just bought a GT2