996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I just bought a GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 02:02 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Enjoy your Gt2, Its gonna be crazy with the Gt700 package

Old 06-15-2006, 02:21 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Congrats! a GT2 with GT700...I almost can't imagine... Good that you have driving experience of high performance cars...I think it's needed with a beast like that

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Cleve that's some helpfull info for everyone.. Why do you choose Pagid RS-19 over lets say, Pagid Orange or Ble, just wondering. I was advised to go Blue by my shop, but others say orange can be driven on street with hardly any squeeking if bedded in properly, just wanted your expertise. And Castrol over Motul fluid?

Sorry to hijack the thread, this could potentially answer questions for others also

Martin
You can see some of the Pagid brake pads differences here, http://www.braketechnology.com/racecharacteristics.html
(The yellows are a great pad! But yes they squeek a bit...)

Both Castrol SRF and Motul BRF600 work fine! I doubt you can find people to disagree that. (But yes, ultimately the Castrol might be a bit better, there might be a small difference in boiling temperatures between those two)

Old 06-15-2006, 02:49 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kaizu
Congrats! a GT2 with GT700...I almost can't imagine... Good that you have driving experience of high performance cars...I think it's needed with a beast like that

You can see some of the Pagid brake pads differences here, http://www.braketechnology.com/racecharacteristics.html
(The yellows are a great pad! But yes they squeek a bit...)

Both Castrol SRF and Motul BRF600 work fine! I doubt you can find people to disagree that. (But yes, ultimately the Castrol might be a bit better, there might be a small difference in boiling temperatures between those two)
Exactly what i wanted to see, thanks man

Old 06-15-2006, 08:28 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Congrats,
looks perfect and it sounds like you will make it even
better,
Marty K

Old 06-15-2006, 10:45 AM
AZBoostjunkie is infamous around these parts
Congrats Joe! I'm jealous

Old 06-15-2006, 11:45 AM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
welcome to the club! you are going to love it!

Old 06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Congrats!! GT700 GT2, damn, what can I say!

Old 06-15-2006, 12:44 PM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
Gorgeous! Congrats!! Can't wait to see how fast you get this badboy

Old 06-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Congrats on that fine specimen! Keep us posted on the progress. Pics and vids will be appreciated.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Craigger is infamous around these parts
semi related question, but does anyone have some sort of tally for how many gt2's from each respective years are on 6speed?

I havent seen much of the 04 or 05's with the upgraded components from previous years...

Old 06-15-2006, 03:26 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
In the US there are around 299 total and about 80% or so are 02.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:39 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
In the US there are around 299 total and about 80% or so are 02.
Most definately a RARE vehicle. I think the numbers for 2005 was someting like a total of 4 cars for North America, !
Very, very rare vehicles.

Bajo

Old 06-15-2006, 05:34 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Congrats Joe! Thats awsome....... You know I like the porsches in Silver. That thing will be a monster at the track for sure!

Let me know when it come in, defiantly want to see it!

I will call you later on, been super busy with expanding the business and traveling.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:10 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
you are a crazy man...congrats and enjoy in good health. That thing is going to be a BLAST

Old 06-15-2006, 08:42 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
What's sad is that the Charger is about 2 weeks away from blowing the doors of the GT (in a straight line). The new Hemi is in now along with the tranny. The rear end should have gone in today. The motor made 785hp (on a motor dyno)on a low RPM pull with 2 1/2 inch headers it's got 3 1/2 inch headers now. It's got a nitrous cam which will multiply the nitrous HP shot by 150%. So when I spray the 200 shot it will make about 300 HP more. At the end of the day, the car will make over 1100hp on the spray. The car weighs in at about 3400lbs. We predict that the car will run low high 8's to low 9's and trap in the low 150's.

http://scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/1...gecharger.html
That car is sweet! I noticed the Michigan plates what's up with that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I just bought a GT2