996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I just bought a GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Update:

I decided to fly to Chicago and pick up the car personally on Saturday. I got to the dealership and they had it all cleaned up and ready to go. I drove 300 miles from Chicago to Detroit (my original hometown) where I hooked up with my best friend. The car drives great! I didn't know that the GT2's had no hydraulic assisted clutches . The drive was fine after I got past all of the Illinois toll roads and construction. On my way down I-94 I had a 350Z and an Infiniti G35 challenge me, both of which I promptly dusted. I made it to Detroit and ran with my friend's F360, there was no contest, I blew his doors off

Decided to take the car out to Woodward Ave today (the local rolling dragstrip) This street is where everyone in the Detroit Metro Area who wants to race goes, it is 5 lanes with a stop light about every half mile. On Woodward I ran with a C6Z06, a modded Mustang Cobra, a modded WRX and a really cool Audi S4 (with tons of mods) all in the course of about 45 minutes. I remain undefeated!!!!

The car is incredible! I'm taking to Reliable Carriers in Michigan for shipping to AZ tomorrow on my way to the airport.

I'll Keep you posted on the adventure!!!

Last edited by RennTechV12; 06-19-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
God damm, GT2's are amazing!!

Old 06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Great to hear about your winning streak.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:47 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait until I get one...in about twenty years, heck by then they'll probably be one of the few P-cars that actually appreciate in value making it still out of reach for me. Kinda like a 550, they were never cheap, but people probably thought, in a few years I'll be able to afford one with depreciation, but after a few years, the prices took a u-turn and never looked back again.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:18 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Update:

I decided to fly to Chicago and pick up the car personally on Saturday. I got to the dealership and they had it all cleaned up and ready to go. I drove 300 miles from Chicago to Detroit (my original hometown) where I hooked up with my best friend. The car drives great! I didn't know that the GT2's had no hydraulic assisted clutches . The drive was fine after I got past all of the Illinois toll roads and construction. On my way down I-94 I had a 350Z and an Infiniti G35 challenge me, both of which I promptly dusted. I made it to Detroit and ran with my friend's F360, there was no contest, I blew his doors off

Decided to take the car out to Woodward Ave today (the local rolling dragstrip) This street is where everyone in the Detroit Metro Area who wants to race goes, it is 5 lanes with a stop light about every half mile. On Woodward I ran with a C6Z06, a modded Mustang Cobra, a modded WRX and a really cool Audi S4 (with tons of mods) all in the course of about 45 minutes. I remain undefeated!!!!

The car is incredible! I'm taking to Reliable Carriers in Michigan for shipping to AZ tomorrow on my way to the airport.

I'll Keep you posted on the adventure!!!

So I take it you like what I did to the car ehhh ?
DAMN nice kills there my friend I am proud of both of you.
And YES I am still attached to the car in a way so dont think I am a psycho, but it did give me chills to see the pictures of it.

Good luck and may you enjoy her in good health.
BTWmDid you get my reply to your PM?
Bajo

Old 06-20-2006, 12:35 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Forget about all the others, I am more interested in hearing more about the roll with the Z06.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:41 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Vince,

Last December we did roll on with a C6 Z06 vs a stock 2002 GT2 at a track day down the front straight. 2nd gear starts about 30 mph. Whoever got the jump on the start won. The GT2 starting reeling the Z06 at the end of the straight when it was behind. The Vette could make no ground.

JCM

Old 06-20-2006, 12:42 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
This is a Protomotive tuned GT2 tough, so I am willing to bet that it was a win for the GT2.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
This is a Protomotive tuned GT2 tough, so I am willing to bet that it was a win for the GT2.
Exactly!! Next time take some videos

Old 06-20-2006, 02:56 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by supercup
Vince,

Last December we did roll on with a C6 Z06 vs a stock 2002 GT2 at a track day down the front straight. 2nd gear starts about 30 mph. Whoever got the jump on the start won. The GT2 starting reeling the Z06 at the end of the straight when it was behind. The Vette could make no ground.

JCM
Very nice JCM. Nice to hear from other ..
I had lots of competition with the Z06s at the track. My Gt2 have never let me down. However the Z06 owners always whinning about not having sticky tires and stock brakes ect ect...Good kill

Old 06-20-2006, 03:05 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
RENN12,
fab car!! Love the stories.
Does this car have some form of Mild Protomotive tune??

Marty K.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:13 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBGT2
So I take it you like what I did to the car ehhh ?
DAMN nice kills there my friend I am proud of both of you.
And YES I am still attached to the car in a way so dont think I am a psycho, but it did give me chills to see the pictures of it.

Good luck and may you enjoy her in good health.
BTWmDid you get my reply to your PM?
Bajo
I got your PM and I'll send you my info, THANKS AGAIN!!

I love what you did!! I wasn't sure about the CF wing and mirrors at first, but I love them now!

I'm headed for the shipper to drop the car off and got to the aiport now. Can't wait to get back to AZ.

BTW...ran with a new Viper GTS on Woodward today, I had no problems beating him! I can't wait till this car gets the 700 kit!!

The GT2 is a completely different animal from the turbo! It's 100% performance!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I got your PM and I'll send you my info, THANKS AGAIN!!

I love what you did!! I wasn't sure about the CF wing and mirrors at first, but I love them now!

I'm headed for the shipper to drop the car off and got to the aiport now. Can't wait to get back to AZ.

BTW...ran with a new Viper GTS on Woodward today, I had no problems beating him! I can't wait till this car gets the 700 kit!!

The GT2 is a completely different animal from the turbo! It's 100% performance!!!
Rub it in some more why dont ya' haha jk!!

Old 06-20-2006, 03:50 PM
VRAlexander
On my way down I-94 I had a 350Z and an Infiniti G35 challenge me, both of which I promptly dusted. I made it to Detroit and ran with my friend's F360, there was no contest, I blew his doors off

Good talking to you on the phone today...have a safe flight back...I sent you the info via PM.
Great kills....sounds like Woodward Ave is the place to race!Attachment 35647

(WTF?? Not only is that the wrong GIF..but its in the wrong place?????)

Last edited by VRAlexander; 11-30-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Good talking to you on the phone today...have a safe flight back...I sent you the info via PM.
Great kills....sounds like Woodward Ave is the place to race!Attachment 35647

(WTF?? Not only is that the wrong GIF..but its in the wrong place?????)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I just bought a GT2