996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Beck Spyder ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 07:41 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Question Beck Spyder ?

I remember someone here got a Beck spyder, any advice, impressions, pics to share?

Old 01-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Anyone out there with one?

Old 01-02-2004, 03:50 PM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
Jas....I got it. I'll send/post some pics when I get home. I love the car but it's not for long distance driving at all. I got the low windshield and lowered suspension. The car can beat you up a little but it gets gobs of attention everywhere it goes. I had Vintage do some finishing work that Beck could'nt and I must say, Vintage does a great job as well. The Beck took 6 months while Vintage Spyder takes a year. With almost every option you are looking at about $30K. I posted pics here before...check the archives too. The post was "Well it's almost a Porsche."

Old 01-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet - saw the motortrend article on it - http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...er/index1.html - and they tested a version costing 24k. Nice performance numbers, although I expect that's primarily because of the weight (only 1360 lbs!!!)

Old 01-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks Harry, I had a feeling it was you that had bought one, any link to the vintage car to check out? There are two I see out here running around but havent been able to talk with them. Look forward to seeing some pics, I think you had the stripes in the rear if I am correct.

Old 01-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Jas here is the web site:http://www.vintagespyders.com/. The owner/builder is Greg. great work just really slow. I have the full James Dean look with the stripes and numbers. If you don't mind the wait, Vintage is the way to go.

Old 01-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 996turbo
Jas here is the web site:http://www.vintagespyders.com/. The owner/builder is Greg. great work just really slow. I have the full James Dean look with the stripes and numbers. If you don't mind the wait, Vintage is the way to go.
Thanks Harry, Im going to check it out.

Old 01-02-2004, 04:19 PM
What are the reasons for going with Vintage over Beck in your opinion?

Old 01-02-2004, 04:44 PM
I think his quality and finish are top notch. The overall product is more "finished." More attention to detail. He puts the whole car together and the bodies are made/molded here as opposed to Brazil for Beck. Plus he does alot of extra custom work where Beck does not. I had him do a lot of work where Beck could not. Again,the only problem is the down time. Beck operates on more quantity and getting you a car fast. Greg/Vintage takes his time and gives you a better product at the end.

Old 01-02-2004, 05:12 PM
I think his quality and finish are top notch. The overall product is more "finished." More attention to detail. He puts the whole car together and the bodies are made/molded here as opposed to Brazil for Beck. Plus he does alot of extra custom work where Beck does not. I had him do a lot of work where Beck could not. Again,the only problem is the down time. Beck operates on more quantity and getting you a car fast. Greg/Vintage takes his time and gives you a better product at the end.
Thanks for your input Harry.

Old 01-03-2004, 01:11 PM
TSP-MIAMI is infamous around these parts
Hey Jas, are you looking to buy a Beck built 550 ? I know of one in Long Island in Huntington Station. Red/Tan interior. Turn key perfect car.

Theo

Old 01-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TSP-MIAMI
Hey Jas, are you looking to buy a Beck built 550 ? I know of one in Long Island in Huntington Station. Red/Tan interior. Turn key perfect car.

Theo
Theo, Is that car at Autosport?

Old 01-03-2004, 01:33 PM
That is correct. My cousin Tom who is one of the owners, handles all the sales there.

Theo

Old 01-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by TSP-MIAMI
That is correct. My cousin Tom who is one of the owners, handles all the sales there.

Theo
Thats cool Tom is a nice guy, small world, to be honest I would think silver would the choice. Do you know if he has any 73 RS for sale?

Old 01-03-2004, 01:48 PM
His specialty is that type of vintage Porsches. We both know the older 911's quite well. And take it from me, I have driven many cars from his stable ...... what we will find you will be perfect.

Send me e-mail with exactly your preference of color, etc.....

Theo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beck Spyder ?