996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chasis dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Arnie is infamous around these parts
Chasis dyno

Last week I started a thread about chasis dynos well I have the answers to the questions. It is rear wheel only. You take the rear wheels off and bolt it to the hubs. The dyno supposedly is the latest technology and extremely compact. There is no loss between the tires and the rollers since there are no rollers. I will be having the upsolute chip installed next week. Powertech is now a dealer. I have no other mods on my car so this should be interesting. I will have the answers how my car works out next weekend

Arnie

Old 01-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Arnie-

I would not recommend running on a Dynapack unless the drive shaft is disconnected.

Since the Dynapack units are linked via computer, there can be a difference in the speed of the individual wheels while spinning. This is very stressful to the viscous coupling in the drivetrain. In fact, if you search the archives of this and other websites you will find out that some uneducated dyno shops have caused expensive failures.

Our company has choosen an AWD Mustang Chassis Dyno. It uses mehcanically linked rollers so there is no difference in the speed of the wheels. A giant toothed belt keeps everything together. It simply simulates the car dirving down the road. Another nice feature is that fact that we do not have to disconnect the driveshaft.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Arnie is infamous around these parts
chasis dyno

Thanks, I discussed it with him he does disconnect the front drive shaft. It is interesting that there are no rollers used.

Arnie