996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:46 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
No kidding! Enough children play nice!

Old 06-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned
Chaapa'ai is infamous around these parts
Hey you two go get a room. I don't want to see this ****.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
I most certainly understand that cars vary from one to another, but you are here trying to say that your car, very lightly modded is just as quick as CGT from a roll on. Lets get real please.

What part of New york are you? Rob Ferretti happens to live in New York, and i might be able to set him with you. Maybe you can race the gallardo and the Z06.

As for the m5 beating the Gallardo, been there, done that, wont happen.

As for racing a Gallardo in 1 st and then 2nd, and results being the same, someone needs driving lessons. It is not possible, to have the same results in both gears, as in 2nd you are dead in the water, in 1st car is ready to go. I believe you said you raced from 30mph. So there MUST be a difference. Like saying you could race a 996TT from 3rd at 30mph, and having the same results as you would in 2nd.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned
Also, i look forward to having some runs in AZ with the Scottsdale club! i cant wait!

Old 06-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I raced an '04 egear with my 550 Rturbo and with two 200lbs passengers and myself (195lbs) beat the Gallardo by 5 cars from stop to about 120ish. He had one passenger and I pulled on him every time and kept pulling until we shut it down. That being said, my next car will be a Gallardo. I don't really care, there will always be someone faster. I was happy I won but where did it get me?
Martin, lets try and hook up sometime so we can do some pulls, it is long overdue for us NY'ers to have a meet.................

Old 06-29-2006, 05:50 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
This thread has a life of its own. I can't believe there is such a issue with this car. I thinks its because they are close in price...somewhat...by that I mean they are in reach as opposed to say a MUrch...
I have said before I love my TT...but even if it was the fastest TT in the world...I would have to go with the Gallardo, just to damn nice. Plus lets be honest(ok single guys be honest)when it comes to getting the hotties to look the Lambo gets it 100% of the time. Now I know alot of you will write that I'm a goofball for caring..I know 1 thing for sure.. Me and Pamela Anderson in a Gallardo going 30 mph is better then me and 1 of you ugly guys going 200...LOL
JB

Old 06-29-2006, 06:20 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ray
I've done some highway runs with a stage 2 SC M3 couple months ago. You will happy with the result Martain !
I missed this. You did highway runs with a Stage 2 SC M3 with your stock 996tt and won?

Old 06-29-2006, 07:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig

Craig
Craig your most definitely right. I cannot believe i even stooped to alevel like that, its just to a point where i cant shrug it off anymore, people talk to much!

Griza whenever is good for you, we can go for a drive or whatever, let's set up a meet.

Martin

Old 06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Craig your most definitely right. I cannot believe i even stooped to alevel like that, its just to a point where i cant shrug it off anymore, people talk to much!

Griza whenever is good for you, we can go for a drive or whatever, let's set up a meet.

Martin
You kidding? Ive never seen anyone talk/type as much as you and to act like you know it all. Your telling people how to run at the 1/4 track and what they should run with different 60 foots, meanwhile you have never been to a track.

Last edited by SCM3; 06-29-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:06 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeatles
This thread has a life of its own. I can't believe there is such a issue with this car. I thinks its because they are close in price...somewhat...by that I mean they are in reach as opposed to say a MUrch...
I have said before I love my TT...but even if it was the fastest TT in the world...I would have to go with the Gallardo, just to damn nice. Plus lets be honest(ok single guys be honest)when it comes to getting the hotties to look the Lambo gets it 100% of the time. Now I know alot of you will write that I'm a goofball for caring..I know 1 thing for sure.. Me and Pamela Anderson in a Gallardo going 30 mph is better then me and 1 of you ugly guys going 200...LOL
JB
Well said!

Old 06-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
I missed this. You did highway runs with a Stage 2 SC M3 with your stock 996tt and won?
My TT is stage 2 with V-flow

Old 06-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
As for racing a Gallardo in 1 st and then 2nd, and results being the same, someone needs driving lessons. It is not possible, to have the same results in both gears, as in 2nd you are dead in the water, in 1st car is ready to go. I believe you said you raced from 30mph. So there MUST be a difference. Like saying you could race a 996TT from 3rd at 30mph, and having the same results as you would in 2nd.
Allan, we have switch driver and result were just the same, so I don't think anyone need driving lessons here. This is just some real world test, you can't ask other people on the street slow down to your power band and race . Me and my brother own both cars. I don't need to step down the lambo. Gallrado is not the fastest car but sure is the best look car in it's price range.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:36 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
You kidding? Ive never seen anyone talk/type as much as you and to act like you know it all. Your telling people how to run at the 1/4 track and what they should run with different 60 foots, meanwhile you have never been to a track.
Negative, i havent with THIS CAR!

Old 06-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Ray
Allan, we have switch driver and result were just the same, so I don't think anyone need driving lessons here. This is just some real world test, you can't ask other people on the street slow down to your power band and race . Me and my brother own both cars. I don't need to step down the lambo. Gallrado is not the fastest car but sure is the best look car in it's price range.
Right car, right gear, not going to happen.

Old 07-01-2006, 05:31 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
JohnnyBeatles,
i am bored with this thread but i can just see you and pamela in your lambo..
very funny and thought provoking..
JR

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?