996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 07:41 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Oh man, you're killing me. I flew down and test drove it, but I really couldn't "test drive it" if you know what I mean. The biggest difference between the Gt2 and my Gt3 is, when I got used to the 3, I was always mashing the pedal to the floor. Redline, redline, redline, 114 mph in third, etc, etc, and never felt like it was going fast enough. The 2 felt just as fast with a lot of room left before the pedal was floored. I was feathering the throttle and she felt just as fast. I've got to admit, the first time I drove it she felt sluggish, still fast, but sluggish, then we took over to Champion Porsche for a full PPI and they found the alternator was not charging the system, after a clean bill of health I drove her again and Oooooofffaaaaa, I was in love. Can't wait. After I drive her for a little while, I see a Gt700 kit in my future.
It's about the best marriage of speed and handling in a regular production car that you can buy. And if it's modded......

You can go to the dragstrip and blow everybody's doors off and then drive it to the roadcourse and lap everybody there too!!!

Last edited by RennTechV12; 07-02-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:45 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
It's about the best marriage of speed and handling in a regular production car that you can buy. And if it's modded......
When I read a statement like that from a man that has driven the cars that you have driven, I feel like a proud father.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:49 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
no it seems too red and not orange enough to be zanaibar. I have seen a zanzibar Gt2 before and it looks amazing. Actually the same guy with the zanzibar GT2 bought a CGT in that color.

9Eleven that is one kick *** GT2. Enjoy it in good health. The wait must be a KILLER

Old 07-02-2006, 07:53 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
no it seems too red and not orange enough to be zanaibar. I have seen a zanzibar Gt2 before and it looks amazing. Actually the same guy with the zanzibar GT2 bought a CGT in that color.

9Eleven that is one kick *** GT2. Enjoy it in good health. The wait must be a KILLER
Oh, it's a color! My bad. No, it guards red. Dude, it had two owners. The first guy bought it new in Texas and put 3800 miles on her in 3 years. The next guy in Florida puts 1000 miles on her in 10 months. The car looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I touched up the pictures a little bit, may of changed the hue to make it sharper. Zanzibar? Anybody got a pic of a car with that color?

Last edited by 9Eleven; 07-02-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:01 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.c...CarreraGT.html

This is a CGT in zanzibar. pictures do not do the color justice. its pretty cool looking in person. very different

Old 07-02-2006, 08:04 PM
To me it does look a little more orange, but you're right, you can't really tell from a picture.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:13 PM
it is def a little orange. In person it is probably more orange than in those pics

Old 07-02-2006, 08:29 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Yes thats why i thought your Gt2 was in that color. Ive seen one local, it looked amazing. Oh well, Red is my fav car color anyways.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:53 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I agree dude, please someone just let it go. It's a forum for Pete's sake! Let it go. Go turn on the T.V. and watch the U.S. Grand Prix special at 8 p.m. On a lighter note, I feel like a 10 year old kid on Christmas eve waiting for my Gt2 to arrive. It gets here hopefully around the 8th. Here are some pics of her at the dealership. Now, chill the F**k out and as Tony Soprano would say, "Forget about it."
I appologize to everyone for that BS. On another note, congrats on the GT2, looks awesome! What are your impressions from the GT3??

Originally Posted by RennTechV12

You can go to the dragstrip and blow everybody's doors off and then drive it to the roadcourse and lap everybody there too!!!
I bet, cant wait to try that out

Old 07-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
What are your impressions from the GT3??
Well, I didn't get to drive the 2 that long, but I felt that my 3's steering was slightly more precise. But that may be the result of the wider rear of the 2 and it's slight weight gain. I did feel like the 2 was better planted on the road, a little better stability.

To me, they both feel identical in ride quality. Both are fast, but the 2 has another gear, when your power band ends in the 3, the 2 has more left. The 3 pulls from the get go and continues to pull through the gears in a very linear way. The 2 starts out like the 3 and then goes into hyper speed. It really shines in 2nd and 3rd gear. Unfortunately, I only drove her for about 10 minutes and although the sales rep was nice, I felt he wouldn't of appreciated me bashing the car. Although, I did run her into 3rd gear several times and got her into triple digits. Braking was identical, feel and bite. I love the car, and the best thing is I now a platform to modify. You can't really do that in a 3.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 07-02-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:47 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Well, I didn't get to drive the 2 that long, but I felt that my 3's steering was slightly more precise. But that may be the result of the wider rear of the 2 and it's slight weight gain. I did feel like the 2 was better planted on the road, a little better stability.

To me, they both feel identical in ride quality. Both are fast, but the 2 has another gear, when your power band ends in the 3, the 2 has more left. The 3 pulls from the get go and continues to pull through the gears in a very linear way. The 2 starts out like the 3 and then goes into hyper speed. It really shines in 2nd and 3rd gear. Unfortunately, I only drove her for about 10 minutes and although the sales rep was nice, I felt he wouldn't of appreciated me bashing the car. Although, I did run her into 3rd gear several times and got her into triple digits. Braking was identical, feel and bite. I love the car, and the best thing is I now a platform to modify. You can't really do that in a 3.
Ahh i see.. I would imagine you are spot on from what others have mentioned as well, can't wait to drive the GT3, im real curious!! Well goodluck with it, looking forward to seeing more pics

Old 07-03-2006, 07:45 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man, you're killing me. I flew down and test drove it, but I really couldn't "test drive it" if you know what I mean. The biggest difference between the Gt2 and my Gt3 is, when I got used to the 3, I was always mashing the pedal to the floor. Redline, redline, redline, 114 mph in third, etc, etc, and never felt like it was going fast enough. The 2 felt just as fast with a lot of room left before the pedal was floored. I was feathering the throttle and she felt just as fast. I've got to admit, the first time I drove it she felt sluggish, still fast, but sluggish, then we took over to Champion Porsche for a full PPI and they found the alternator was not charging the system, after a clean bill of health I drove her again and Oooooofffaaaaa, I was in love. Can't wait. After I drive her for a little while, I see a Gt700 kit in my future.
9Eleven, here's a great article for you that will really make your wait more agonizing, it shows alot of the factors that make the GT2 unique:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....article_id=100

here's another:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=5

Last edited by RennTechV12; 07-03-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:50 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AzExoticLover
I am not convinced your GT2 will out handle my lambo!
You are kidding right?!?!

Old 08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
I cant believe you resurected this thread

Old 08-04-2006, 09:21 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rwm514
I cant believe you resurected this thread
No kidding? I think it just took him this long to read all 16 pages of the arguing and BS

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 08-04-2006 at 09:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?