996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Gt2............

Old 06-22-2006, 04:30 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
Unfortunately, I can only have one at this time. Also, I saw your thread comparing the 04 vs 06 Gallardos, which was very informative. Also, I am not buying a new 06 Gallardo, I am looking for a depreciated low mileage 2005.

Would you choose the Gallardo over your GT2? How about the inclusion of the GT700 engine package? I can only imagine the face contorting acceleration the GT700 has. It sounds so fun. However, I still love the sound of the Gallardo 10x better than 996 turbos.

Thanks for your feedback.

I say try something different and get a Gallardo. You can always get twin turbos upgrade on it or go back to the GT2 if bored in the future.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:41 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red C5
Just get the Lambo. The GT700 thrill will be shortlived. Seems like you're trying to get your GT2 to be "like the lambo" or better, that to me just makes it seem like you should just get the Lambo.
That's what i feel will happen if he does do it! But i feel what hes missing is the true exotic feel look and sound, not performance or handling one bit since the GT2 does it all, but better. Even the murcielago is clocked at like 12.4 1/4 mile and so on, it should be fast but tests get horrible times for it.

Hmm tough decision, i feel you'll get more thrill out of driving a lambo, but not for the performance aspect and that if you need a GT700 package to enjoy your GT2 more, you might need something much crazier then both.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Get the Gallardo. It is such sick car, every time you drive it you will be grinning ear to ear just because you are behing the wheel of a freakin' LAMBO!!! It has power, handles great and looks are ridiculous. The GT2, yes will be fast as hell, but is still just a Porsche. I have a Ruf Rturbo 550 conversion and I still long for the Gallardo. I will be making the switch sooner or later.....

Old 06-22-2006, 04:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Griza
Get the Gallardo. It is such sick car, every time you drive it you will be grinning ear to ear just because you are behing the wheel of a freakin' LAMBO!!! It has power, handles great and looks are ridiculous. The GT2, yes will be fast as hell, but is still just a Porsche. I have a Ruf Rturbo 550 conversion and I still long for the Gallardo. I will be making the switch sooner or later.....
Sad but true

Old 06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Gallardo!!!!! After only a week now with the Gallardo, it is by far my favorite car I have ever owned! My Stage IV 996 Turbo was nice, it was fast and probably cheaper to own over the long hall, BUT the Gallardo is the hands down winner when comparing the two! For the price, the Gallardo is the right choice. Put an exhaust on it and its 10X times better!

I still get into the Gallardo and smile from ear to ear the whole time I am in it. The Porsche was fun, but didnt put a smile that big on my face for hours on end!

Just my 2 cents.......

Old 06-22-2006, 05:23 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
yeah get the Gallardo.. the Z06 is faster than either car but do you long for it? no. It's faster but the Lambo is just something else.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
yeah get the Gallardo.. the Z06 is faster than either car but do you long for it? no. It's faster but the Lambo is just something else.
And that's exatly what people mean when you compare a 7 second civic or something godly fast to an exotic even stock. There's just a whole other satisfaction besides the performance, and its owning a full out exotic car. I would love a Gallardo and IMO, would take one over a GT2 i think. But then there's the other side of me saying, im a true driver, an enthusiast and might pick which gives me the better driving experience.

Bottom line, people buy cars for different and their own reason, its up to your gut feeling

Old 06-22-2006, 06:01 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
I would have a Gallardo instead of any modern Porsche (CGT not included). Seems like a lot of ex TT/GT2 owners are adding one or replacing the P car with a G.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:03 PM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
Drool.

That is the set up, clean and mean!

Originally Posted by 02barebones996
ID DO THE GRUSSEL INSPIRED LUCENT TUNED GT2...

Old 06-22-2006, 06:06 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
ive seen grussells gt2 multiple times one sik ride now i need to get a ride in it bwahhaha

Old 06-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ShankLMR
I had both..04 Galalrdo and 03 GT2 - one time heavily modded. The exhilleration of the 8500 RPM Redline and exoticness outweigh'd the mainstream design'd 4th Porsche at the time. MY GT2 was a monster to say the least - tuned by EVO and Imagine auto putting down 631RWHP. I opted for the gallardo.

Today I have an 06 G and 04 996TT which is on its way to Imagine Auto for the GT700. Can't live without either now

Either way, you win. Gallardo will be a blast at the track as well.
When did you pick up a 996TT?

I knew that you had a GT2 and a 996TT at one time, but you sold both.

Pics please

Old 06-22-2006, 06:42 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
Gallardo...I love my TT but I was in Huntington Beach, Ca on Sun and parked right next to a Momo edition Gallardo....it was SOOOOO over the top. No comparision to the P car. Now I'm not saying the TT cant stomp its *** but for pure sex appeal....give me the Lambo...
JB

Old 06-22-2006, 07:05 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
i say get the gallardo and demand the wife drive the gt2 for now.....then when spring comes around, just trade in the one you don't want ( keep the one you like better) for the sl55 ...that way you get a couple of months to experience both...( a con is you don't get to feel the gt700..)

Old 06-22-2006, 07:14 PM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Actually get a reasonably low mileage 04 Gallardo and slap on the Heffner 800hp turbo kit with the IMSA widebody kit...and you're all set!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?