996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gabriel
I would stick with the GT2 to be honest. My best friend sold his RWD 996TT with around 650hp to get a 2005 Gallardo. After 9 months and several days spent at the dealership he decided to trade it in for a 997TT that he is expecting to be delivered to him. I think that the Lambo is too much of an event rather than a car. It's like those supermodels that you always admire but would feel akward with them in bed... Too fragile!
Agreed. I was speaking with a friend who has a Gallardo, I asked him how fast it was when he launched it, he told me that you can't launch them because the clutch will go.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:41 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Agreed. I was speaking with a friend who has a Gallardo, I asked him how fast it was when he launched it, he told me that you can't launch them because the clutch will go.
LOL WTF

Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
Paul's car was a drama. First engine gave out at 900 miles from oil-system failure and e-gear kept on failing. I am sure not every car has the same issues but he was quite unhappy with the purchase. And he is not the average Joe that happened to buy a fast car. He is almost 40 with 2 engineering degrees and over 15 years of experience working as a tuner... We expected more, especially since audi is involved in the manufacturing.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Not everyone is trying to drag race cars! A quater mile, hard launches and trap speeds are not everything. When a cluth on Lambo can cost anywhere fon 6 -10k depending on E-gear or 6 speed, launching a car is so not important!!!! At the end of the day - Its a Lamborghini in your garage!!!!!!

A Lamborghini is NOT a drag race car. Porsche's for that matter are not either! As far as handeling, mmmm - I dont know. I am not convinced your GT2 will out handle my lambo! It WILL be faster, but around a track, you may have another thing coming, who knows??

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 06-22-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:55 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AzExoticLover
Not everyone is trying to drag race cars! A quater mile, hard launches and trap speeds are not everything. When a cluth on Lambo can cost anywhere fon 6 -10k depending on E-gear or 6 speed, launching a car is so not important!!!! At the end of the day - Its a Lamborghini in your garage!!!!!!

A Lamborghini is NOT a drag race car. Porsche's for that matter are not either! As far as handeling, mmmm - I dont know. I am not convinced your GT2 will out handle my lambo! It WILL be faster, but around a track, you may have another thing coming, who knows??
Agreed! Now that Audi has taken over Lambo, their durability and reliabilty is greatly improved!

I do think that the GT2/700 is the best performing car across the board though.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:05 AM

BTW...
Just finished your page:
http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.c...ardoblkdm.html

Old 06-23-2006, 12:12 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Thank you sir! Let me know when you want to get those Porsche wheels and Exhaust from me..... I wanna clean out the garage

Old 06-23-2006, 12:13 AM
VRAlexander
Very nice...now just add some:
Attachment 35856

Last edited by VRAlexander; 01-24-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Very nice...now just add some:
Attachment 35856

OMG!!! That is a shi$@#* of Nitros

Old 06-23-2006, 12:18 AM
I am not convinced your GT2 will out handle my lambo! It WILL be faster, but around a track, you may have another thing coming, who knows??
Well, I guess we'll have to find out now!!!

TRACK DAY TIME!!!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 12:24 AM
VRAlexander
OMG!!! That is a shi$@#* of Nitros
from 11.8@122 to 10.4@141 with the flip of a switch..
Attachment 35857

Think about it....

Last edited by VRAlexander; 01-24-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 AM

Just reread your post and started thinking more about it. You are absolutely right. Like I said in my earlier post; at this point it's all about preference. What one person must have, another might not care that much about. You could have easily bought a GT2, as I could have bought a Gallardo. I love the fact that we are friends and can each enjoy our own, and each others' cars. The GT2 is pretty much a straight performance machine, while the G-ride has Sex appeal, an unbeatable exhuast note and an 8000rpm red line. Isn't life great!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 12:44 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
from 11.8@122 to 10.4@141 with the flip of a switch..
Attachment 35857

Think about it....
LOL you are seriously nuts! AZ boost, what wheels do you have??

Old 06-23-2006, 12:52 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
They are two different cars IMHO. The GT2 is a better handling car. You probably feel safer in the awd gallardo. The GT2 probably handles better(especially with motons and track goodies like yours). There is NO way a stock gallardo handles better than a GT2 on motons...NO WAY!!! The gt2 takes more skill and caution but does handle better.

Now on the other side, the lambos are EXOTIC! There is nothing you can do to the GT2 to give you the exoticness of the lambos. Unfortuntely only us handful of people can distinguish a GT2 from other porsches. To us it is an obvious difference and a completely different car than any other porsche however, to the average person its just a 911. The lambo is exotic and everyone will know it. I however, really could care less what others think, so for me I think I would go with the GT2.

Also I think the GT2 is a FAR FAR superior track machine. It will out brake, out corner and out accelerate a Gallardo.

I guess it depends on what you want out of your car. The lambo is a HOT HOT car and the looks can not be disputed. However, if you are looking for a track and street car the GT2 would be my choice. I think the GT2 is def that much better in the track respect.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:00 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Speaking of page, you have mine underrated by 6 hp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?