996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 01:27 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
That GT2 is so SEXY!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 01:28 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Speaking of page, you have mine underrated by 6 hp
mine too soon!! haha

have fun in diego..... well swap parts when you get back, and well take new pics for my page...haha!

Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
That's what i feel will happen if he does do it! But i feel what hes missing is the true exotic feel look and sound, not performance or handling one bit since the GT2 does it all, but better. Even the murcielago is clocked at like 12.4 1/4 mile and so on, it should be fast but tests get horrible times for it.

Hmm tough decision, i feel you'll get more thrill out of driving a lambo, but not for the performance aspect and that if you need a GT700 package to enjoy your GT2 more, you might need something much crazier then both.
Murcielago has been clockedin the 11's, like 11.7 by motor trend for example.

We go on runs with some of the Porsche guys in L.A., some of them are on this board, and the P's with mild tuning, chip exhaust, headers, are no faster than the stocks M's. Not much you can do performance wise to the Murci, exhaust, air filters, and soon, ECU.

As for the Gallardo, if you can, get an 06. They are MUCH quicker than the 04'05's, much more responsive, sound much better, feel much better.

No doubt you can mod a Porsche to be faster than the Lambo, but you will never inmo, get the same feeling you get driving a lambo. As for the Gt700 beating the TT Gallardo, Id put money on the Gallardo.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Agreed. I was speaking with a friend who has a Gallardo, I asked him how fast it was when he launched it, he told me that you can't launch them because the clutch will go.
Wrong. The new cars have an incredible launch control. If youd like log onto my site, and ask some of the guys who have experienced it. of course, JUST like in the Porsche, if you dump the clutch repeatedly at 6K your clutch will go.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:40 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Murcielago has been clockedin the 11's, like 11.7 by motor trend for example.

We go on runs with some of the Porsche guys in L.A., some of them are on this board, and the P's with mild tuning, chip exhaust, headers, are no faster than the stocks M's. Not much you can do performance wise to the Murci, exhaust, air filters, and soon, ECU.

As for the Gallardo, if you can, get an 06. They are MUCH quicker than the 04'05's, much more responsive, sound much better, feel much better.

No doubt you can mod a Porsche to be faster than the Lambo, but you will never inmo, get the same feeling you get driving a lambo. As for the Gt700 beating the TT Gallardo, Id put money on the Gallardo.
Your right on everything. I just found it weird how comparing the new s600 benz they said compare this 1/4 mile to a murcielago at 12.4 lol!!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
from 11.8@122 to 10.4@141 with the flip of a switch..
Attachment 35857

Think about it....
That is a serious difference. Did you have any other mods (exhaust, headers, etc.)?

Old 06-23-2006, 07:56 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Your right on everything. I just found it weird how comparing the new s600 benz they said compare this 1/4 mile to a murcielago at 12.4 lol!!
Yeah, I have heard the W211 S-600 takes 0-6o mph in 4.4secs

Old 06-23-2006, 08:04 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
The Gallardo and Murcie just don't do it for me unless you get a roadster. The only Lambo I long for is the 6.0 Diablo I definately want one of those!

Old 06-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Not commenting anything because haven't driven those...

But about handling and track times with both cars and SAME drivers (these are not record times but anyway)...

GT2 was the mk1 (462hp or so) so it didn't have the upgraded suspension or power.

Nürburgring Nordschleife (long fast track):

GT2 7.46 minutes
Gallardo 7.52 minutes

Hockenheim (a modern shorter race track):

GT2 1.12,6 min
Gallardo 1.11,8 min

In 0-200km/h the GT2 was faster (same time for both in 0-100km/h).

Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Banned
Chaapa'ai is infamous around these parts
From someone who can afford neither a new Porsche nor a Lambo. I look at Lamborghini's as an automobile for the affluent, flamboyant, and otherwise ignorant. Look at all the rappers, sports players, movie stars, etc over the last 30 years. Ever see them in a Porsche GT2? I doubt it. I look at Porsche owners differently in that they desire to be noticed but enjoy the reliability, power, and prestige that the Porsche badge brings.

Up until Audi took over Lamborghini, I always considered them to be a maintenance nightmare. Sure Porsche had its recalls but never did it have the stigma of having to replace a clutch every 2k miles.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:07 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
If you go for a Diablo 6.0 I say GO FOR IT and do not look back. The 6.0 diablo is so so so so SEXY

Old 06-23-2006, 10:27 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chaapa'ai
From someone who can afford neither a new Porsche nor a Lambo. I look at Lamborghini's as an automobile for the affluent, flamboyant, and otherwise ignorant. Look at all the rappers, sports players, movie stars, etc over the last 30 years. Ever see them in a Porsche GT2? I doubt it. I look at Porsche owners differently in that they desire to be noticed but enjoy the reliability, power, and prestige that the Porsche badge brings.

Up until Audi took over Lamborghini, I always considered them to be a maintenance nightmare. Sure Porsche had its recalls but never did it have the stigma of having to replace a clutch every 2k miles.

Just my opinion.

WOW - tell us how your really feel! Thats a pretty harsh and very general statement to make but the nice thing about livivng in America is we can all have our own opinions I guess...

Old 06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AzExoticLover
WOW - tell us how your really feel! Thats a pretty harsh and very general statement to make but the nice thing about livivng in America is we can all have our own opinions I guess...
You know what though, think about it, he's pretty right! There's nothing derogatory or racist about the statement, although i wouldnt call lambo or ferrari owners ignorant lol. They are different cars for different people, you have the few car enthusiasts in any car brand whether its porsche, lamborghini who track their gallardo's or put a 200 shot of nitrous in it like Alex. Ferrari's , Prius, Honda you name it. I just feel as a true car enthusiast and performance minded person, Porsche is the logical step for someone who loves to drive their car, especially with reliability and performance!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:14 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
[quote=AzExoticLover]I agree! I didnt see anything racist or anything like that from his statement. The "Ignorant" part was what I was talking about. Just a tad over the top in my opinion.......

Also, the qoute below is from this same guy (Chaapa'ai) in a Lambo Thread on this board just within the last few weeks:

"Geezus... Before I die I will own a NEW Lambo. This one is HOT."

Now as far as Porsche being the "Logical step for someone who loves to drive their cars", again thats a personal opinion. Everyone will have a different one. I loved my Porsche and I know for a fact that I will own many more througout my life!

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 06-23-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
Another thing that worries me about the Gallardo is running into every C6 Z06, Viper and Porsche turbo wanting to race and not having the power to back up the outrageous styling. That would suck to be all show and no go. On the otherhand, in a GT700 GT2 I would be welcoming all challengers and winning most except for the truly fast cars.
That would be the one thing holding me back right there...knowing that as nice as it looks, and as exotic as it is...it's still just not a very fast car. The G is certainly a beauty...but I wouldn't swap my car for one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?