996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by allanlambo
No matter what you buy, there will always be someone faster.

true, but being in the top 5% of fast doesn't hurt either..

Old 06-23-2006, 02:14 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Maybe try asking this same question on the lambo boards?? You know we're a little bias!!

Old 06-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drjoe
true, but being in the top 5% of fast doesn't hurt either..
Well inmo, you must compare stock to stock, and not modded. Of course it is much easier to get much more power out of ANY forced induction automobile than a N/A car. Inmo, any Gallardo SE, or 06+ Gallardo will run with a new stock 997TT. Id still give the edge to the TT, but it will be very close.

So inmo, each car has its pluses and minus.

The Porsche being that it will be better to drive daily. not because it is more reliable, but because it doesnt garner any of the attention the Gallardo does. And then you have the slight speed advantage.

The Lambo. Inmo, a true exotic, while the Porsche is not. The car visually inmo, is head and shoulders above the Porsche. Not to mention the feeling it provides, the sound it gives off etc. In a year or 2, the Porsche will just be another Porsche, the Lambo will always be a Lambo. For 07, the Gallardo will also offer Carbon Brakes, just like Porsche.

For modding, certainly the Porsche has a huge advantage, but their have been alot of advancements for the G lately. #1, heffner has 2 kits available. Imsa, is also developing a N/A 650hp kit for the G, which includes a new intake with 10 killer looking throttle bodies. Exhausts, cat bypass pipes, air filters, and now ECU programming are all available. No doubt, unless you go with Jason Heffners full TT kit, the Porsche will make more power, for less. But in this day and age, where Z06's, can easily make 500rwhp in 3100lbs for pennies, not to mention supercharging or TTing one, and still being below the cost of the Porsche, or Dodge Vipers putting out 1000rwhp, again or less than the price of the Porsche, neither the G, nor the Porsche are the car youd want to base the ultimate speed weapon on.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
Look...I love my TT. But I have a 512TR thats isn't nearly as fast but still a blast to drive is honestly is a true exotic...As far as a Gallardo goes...I'm really hot for 1 so now you guys got me looking. If I wind up getting 1 I'm gonna blame 6speed...when I get my payment in the mail.
JB

Old 06-23-2006, 07:28 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
i am going out on a limb to say:
the Porsche 911 incl. 996/997 is kind of boring looking.. .. except from the rear.. unless you lower it and change the wheels and even then, it ain't great.. the styling, i mean... come on, shouldn't Porsche evolve the design..
at least the CGT is modern..
is everyone pissed yet?.
but once you drive one, (911) you realize what a fantastic car it is.. truly a great all round car.. stock: fairly fast... and can be modded to great lengths.. and around town, hell, Alexander's grandmother could drive it and probably does... .. extremely dependable... possibly, the best car ever made.. especially for a small company...
but they currently don't turn me on that much...
therefore, i am thinking, Gallardo spyder... when i get bored with my SL55.. which may take awhile.. .. (i am a convertible guy, and motorcycles and boats...)
by then, Audi/Lambo, should REALLY have evolved the Gallardo.. (the whole Ferrari new car scam turns me off)
it is a great time to be alive and enjoy the selection of motor vehicles that we do..

Last edited by JR.; 06-23-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:03 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Well inmo, you must compare stock to stock, and not modded. Of course it is much easier to get much more power out of ANY forced induction automobile than a N/A car. Inmo, any Gallardo SE, or 06+ Gallardo will run with a new stock 997TT. Id still give the edge to the TT, but it will be very close.

So inmo, each car has its pluses and minus.

The Porsche being that it will be better to drive daily. not because it is more reliable, but because it doesnt garner any of the attention the Gallardo does. And then you have the slight speed advantage.

The Lambo. Inmo, a true exotic, while the Porsche is not. The car visually inmo, is head and shoulders above the Porsche. Not to mention the feeling it provides, the sound it gives off etc. In a year or 2, the Porsche will just be another Porsche, the Lambo will always be a Lambo. For 07, the Gallardo will also offer Carbon Brakes, just like Porsche.

For modding, certainly the Porsche has a huge advantage, but their have been alot of advancements for the G lately. #1, heffner has 2 kits available. Imsa, is also developing a N/A 650hp kit for the G, which includes a new intake with 10 killer looking throttle bodies. Exhausts, cat bypass pipes, air filters, and now ECU programming are all available. No doubt, unless you go with Jason Heffners full TT kit, the Porsche will make more power, for less. But in this day and age, where Z06's, can easily make 500rwhp in 3100lbs for pennies, not to mention supercharging or TTing one, and still being below the cost of the Porsche, or Dodge Vipers putting out 1000rwhp, again or less than the price of the Porsche, neither the G, nor the Porsche are the car youd want to base the ultimate speed weapon on.
Allan, I love the fact that you are so Lambo loyal. You have obviously owned a great deal of high end vehicles and made your choice based on your experiences. I think that the Lambo brand is one of the coolest (if not the coolest) in existence. Whenever I read your posts regarding the F-cars, I have to make sure that I'm not drinking anything, or I'll spit it all over my screen. When you and Vinnie showed up at our Sunday Drive in the Countach, I got chills. Even 22 yrs later the Countach still all but stole the show. The Mondial video you guys filmed on Scottsdale Rd. was the funniest **** I've seen in a long time, could you post that link on 6speed? I think the other members would get a kick out of it.

Joe

Old 06-23-2006, 08:54 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JR.
i am going out on a limb to say:
the Porsche 911 incl. 996/997 is kind of boring looking.. .. except from the rear.. unless you lower it and change the wheels and even then, it ain't great.. the styling, i mean... come on, shouldn't Porsche evolve the design..
at least the CGT is modern..
is everyone pissed yet?.
but once you drive one, (911) you realize what a fantastic car it is.. truly a great all round car.. stock: fairly fast... and can be modded to great lengths.. and around town, hell, Alexander's grandmother could drive it and probably does... .. extremely dependable... possibly, the best car ever made.. especially for a small company...
but they currently don't turn me on that much...
therefore, i am thinking, Gallardo spyder... when i get bored with my SL55.. which may take awhile.. .. (i am a convertible guy, and motorcycles and boats...)
by then, Audi/Lambo, should REALLY have evolved the Gallardo.. (the whole Ferrari new car scam turns me off)
it is a great time to be alive and enjoy the selection of motor vehicles that we do..
Whats the "ferrari new car scam"?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Allan, I love the fact that you are so Lambo loyal. You have obviously owned a great deal of high end vehicles and made your choice based on your experiences. I think that the Lambo brand is one of the coolest (if not the coolest) in existence. Whenever I read your posts regarding the F-cars, I have to make sure that I'm not drinking anything, or I'll spit it all over my screen. When you and Vinnie showed up at our Sunday Drive in the Countach, I got chills. Even 22 yrs later the Countach still all but stole the show. The Mondial video you guys filmed on Scottsdale Rd. was the funniest **** I've seen in a long time, could you post that link on 6speed? I think the other members would get a kick out of it.

Joe
Joe i agree ! My friend's father has a countache 25th anniversary car, the thing sounds amazing stock, one of the loudest cars ive heard, but intoxicating. Looks wise is just breathtaking, all of the lines and flares, the car was so ahead of its time and i think modern day automakers have lost the true exoticness of these cars (But the Countache's interior is insanely bad, no room at all, and just plain UGLY! But again, that's comparing new age interiors which is unfair). But they just keep getting more amazing in every other aspect, although still gorgeous.

Gallardo will be my next car, and Allan, i doubt the 06Gallardo will be anywhere near the 997tt, but who knows. Ive heard the 06's are WAYY faster then 04-05.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rwm514
Whats the "ferrari new car scam"?
Having to bend over and have everybody from here to Maranello nail you in the butt for tens of thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) of dollars to buy a new car.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:40 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Having to bend over and have everybody from here to Maranello nail you in the butt for tens of thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) of dollars to buy a new car.
F430 (listed) MSRP= $165,000
real world price=$225,000

Old 06-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Joe i agree ! My friend's father has a countache 25th anniversary car, the thing sounds amazing stock, one of the loudest cars ive heard, but intoxicating. Looks wise is just breathtaking, all of the lines and flares, the car was so ahead of its time and i think modern day automakers have lost the true exoticness of these cars (But the Countache's interior is insanely bad, no room at all, and just plain UGLY! But again, that's comparing new age interiors which is unfair). But they just keep getting more amazing in every other aspect, although still gorgeous.

Gallardo will be my next car, and Allan, i doubt the 06Gallardo will be anywhere near the 997tt, but who knows. Ive heard the 06's are WAYY faster then 04-05.
I think the new G's will be extremely close to the 997TT.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Allan, you coming to the dinner on the 1st?

Old 06-23-2006, 10:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Will be interesting to see! i was impressed with how this yellow gallardo did vs a new c6 silver z06 on a highway pull. Saw it on google video

Old 06-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AzExoticLover
Not everyone is trying to drag race cars! A quater mile, hard launches and trap speeds are not everything. When a cluth on Lambo can cost anywhere fon 6 -10k depending on E-gear or 6 speed, launching a car is so not important!!!! At the end of the day - Its a Lamborghini in your garage!!!!!!

A Lamborghini is NOT a drag race car. Porsche's for that matter are not either! As far as handeling, mmmm - I dont know. I am not convinced your GT2 will out handle my lambo! It WILL be faster, but around a track, you may have another thing coming, who knows??
Agreed. I will say that neither the TT nor GT2 are particularly good at drag racing either (definitely more durable). The truth is that you are more likely to stop-light race on the street and/or enjoy some hard launches than really tear down some canyon like you were on a track.

That said, any Lambo or Ferrari IS more of an event than any non CGT porsche.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Will be interesting to see! i was impressed with how this yellow gallardo did vs a new c6 silver z06 on a highway pull. Saw it on google video
And that is an 04 Egear rental Gallardo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?