996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Allan, I love the fact that you are so Lambo loyal. You have obviously owned a great deal of high end vehicles and made your choice based on your experiences. I think that the Lambo brand is one of the coolest (if not the coolest) in existence. Whenever I read your posts regarding the F-cars, I have to make sure that I'm not drinking anything, or I'll spit it all over my screen. When you and Vinnie showed up at our Sunday Drive in the Countach, I got chills. Even 22 yrs later the Countach still all but stole the show. The Mondial video you guys filmed on Scottsdale Rd. was the funniest **** I've seen in a long time, could you post that link on 6speed? I think the other members would get a kick out of it.

Joe
Hey buddy! Howve you been? Im afraid I wont be able to make it to the dinner. Im on Maui now, come back to AZ on the 1st and flyout to Florida.

For the life of me, I cant find the link to that Mondial video. Ill keep looking.

Im working hard on trying to get a car to go running around with you guys as we speak, not to mention the new Lp640.

As for the Ferrari guys, come on. You saw those tools on the run we did. Only guys who drove 20mph UNDER the speed limit, and only guys running around their cars looking for rock chips, and polishing their turds on every corner. I hate the cars, and their owners.

I do have some good news, Im in the process of buying a Dairy Queen, with a decent sized parking lot, so we can have meets, get togethers, car shows etc. Maybe I can drum up some business!

Old 06-24-2006, 12:10 AM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Dairy Queen, thats cool ! I want to see the Mondial vid!!

Old 06-24-2006, 12:37 AM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
RVM514,
pretty much what Luis said..
read this email:
Hello JR,

Thank you for your interest in the Ferrari F430 Spider. You were referred to me by ...... ...... For the most part, our allocation is sold out for the next year and a half. However, we do get some cars during the year that are available at the current market price.

I’m not sure where you live. However, if you live within 100 miles of another Ferrari dealer, we cannot sell you a new Ferrari because of our dealer agreement with Ferrari of North America.

Again, thank you for your interest and please contact me with any questions you may have.

Best Regards,

.................................................. .................................................

unfortunately, i deleted the saleman's second email which went on to say that the current market price for 430 spiders is 70K over list.. and since the 360's sold for over list during their entire production run, the 430's would as well..
that is not how i do business and i have very little respect for those that do business in that manner.. so in other words, i don't expect to purchase a new ferrari in the near future.. but like everything else, what goes around comes around.. when ferrari increase production to the point where supply meets demand, the bloom will be off the rose.. (greed) and it's happening already... another example is harley davidson.. you don't have to order those bikes anymore..
and last but not least, the ferrari dealer in my town is a cocky son of a gun... which i don't like when i am the buyer and he is the salesman..

Last edited by JR.; 06-24-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Are you "show" or are you "go"?

Old 06-24-2006, 02:19 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by allanlambo
And that is an 04 Egear rental Gallardo.
Hmm, your thought on the run? Im stg 2+ and embarrassed a friend's 04 gallardo egear?!

Old 06-24-2006, 02:25 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Hmm, your thought on the run? Im stg 2+ and embarrassed a friend's 04 gallardo egear?!
Its weird, Ive been in some early Gallardos that run very well, and some that run like ***. Also, Egear cars are noticeably slower than 6 speeds. Also, its sad, but many Lambo owners cant drive their cars for ****.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:28 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Its weird, Ive been in some early Gallardos that run very well, and some that run like ***. Also, Egear cars are noticeably slower than 6 speeds. Also, its sad, but many Lambo owners cant drive their cars for ****.
Yea i dont doubt that, just like some TT's or any cars out there. I do believe my turbo is a freak for what it has done to it. My friend supercharged rt10 viper with 738 rwhp and alot of modifications, pulled me by a car length to 160 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear runs!!

I still love Gallardo's though, some day

Old 06-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Banned
Old 06-24-2006, 06:27 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
After owning a 993 turbo and selling it and now owning my current tt, I have determined that I will NEVER be without a turbo 911. They are just too awesome to not own. In my town still an exotic, but one I can jump in and drive cross Country in a minutes notice.

Many, many people including many on this board who have sold their turbo 911 end up regretting it. The only choice I have determined is to keep my car and be in a position to add other cars I love to the stable.

just my humble .02 cents!

Old 06-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned
Here is what I decided on. 06 6 speed. On its way!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=51655

Old 06-24-2006, 11:20 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts

Congrats Allan!!!!! cant wait to see it in person///

Old 06-24-2006, 11:40 PM

Just posted but big congrats, im in love!

Old 06-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Banned
Thanks guys! Azexotic, cant wait to hook up and go cruising!

Old 06-25-2006, 09:42 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the responses. I have been itching to buy a Gallardo and trade in the GT2 since Saturday, but the horsepower junkie side of me keeps holding me back.

The primary reasons I graviate towards the Gallardo is the sexy looks and the sound of the engine and exhaust. I have never wrung it out in the corners, but I would guess it handles exceptionally well. I have drivven both the 6 speed and e-gear and they both felt slow in my opinion, but the sound is magnificent. The speed thing is my one fear. Sure I could dump $35k with Heffner and get another 150 hp, but fear the reliability issues.

The GT2 on the other hand is rare, but looks like every other 9996 turbo to average person. I love the RWD handling, but can be a real challenge, especially if I have 700+ hp on tap. I have driven a GT700 996 turbo and was very impressed. The power was intoxicating and I felt unbeatable in that car. I can only imagine that power driving the lighter weight RWD GT2

However, every time I see a Gallardo, I roll my windows down to hear it the engine and exhaust. I have never done that with a Porsche, unless it was a CGT. The 996 turbo does not have a nice sounding engine in my opinion.

Another thing that worries me about the Gallardo is running into every C6 Z06, Viper and Porsche turbo wanting to race and not having the power to back up the outrageous styling. That would suck to be all show and no go. On the otherhand, in a GT700 GT2 I would be welcoming all challengers and winning most except for the truly fast cars.

This is a tough one for me guys.

George
Keep the GT2 and do the gt 700.The GT2 is rarer and you won't be wishing for it when you blow the Gallardo's doors off with your new GT700.Remember a GT2 with GT700 kit is a 10 sec street car!!I don,'t believe a Gallardo or Murcie drivetrain can handle the abuse to run 10's.A friend of mine went though 2 clutches on his Murcie(STOCK) after taking to the strip and trying to run it hard.Still a baby Lambo. I'm with VR ALEXANDER I like the 2001 diablo 6.0'very rare and only built one year.Last crazy exotic Lambo built IMHO.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Gallardo All The Way!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambos vs my GT2: Join them or stomp them?