996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I'll be in Cali this weekend, I want to go to Crystal Cove

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:55 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be in Cali this weekend, I want to go to Crystal Cove

The wife and I are driving to San Diego for the weekend, Fri-Mon. I'd like to go to Crystal Cove, any other 6speeders going to be there? I'm driving the 996. How far will I be from there, we're staying at the Marriott right next to the GasLamp Quarter. What time should I show up?

Thanks!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 04:06 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
thats at least a good 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours drive at least ...

cc starts at 7-9 am
6-6:30 cars line up to go into the lot

Old 06-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Sideways has a spectacular aura aboutSideways has a spectacular aura about
What color is your 996, we'll keep an eye out for you.
It will take about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours to get there safely so with CC starting at 7 am you should probably be on the road by 5:30.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
See if you can take the toll road without overshooting crystal cove. It can be fun and fast... still may be patrolled though!

Old 06-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Aren't you coming to the Carlsson drive to Baja Cantina?

Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Nope. I coudn't get the car trailered out there

I have to settle for a drive to SD instead

Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
the earlier you get there the better.. the security guy told me that some cars are there at 5:30 a.m... and some don't stay more than a couple of hours.. (those who are shy?)
too bad there are hardly any street rods there anymore..
good luck and have fun..

Old 06-23-2006, 06:27 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
I want to go too!
Problem is that Sweden is playing in World Cup, anyone know if there are any bars in Newport or Laguna that shows the games?
Anyone?

Old 06-23-2006, 08:25 PM
What happens if I get there at say, 11am?

Old 06-23-2006, 08:29 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
I usually get there around 7. Im going this weekend for sure, we are staying in Newport for the weekend

Old 06-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Sideways has a spectacular aura aboutSideways has a spectacular aura about
It's a shopping center with lots of shoppers.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:28 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Renntech V12

Here is the run down on Crystal Cove

Cars can park in the viewing area (in front of Starbucks) anytime - all the spots are full by 6:30 a.m.

There is tons of additional parking and you will see some unbelievable cars in the parking lot if you walk around.

The hang is from 7 - 8:30 a.m. - if you come at 11 it is long since over

The deal with the Owner of the Center (which is now being stretched) is that all cars will be out of the parking lot by 9:00 a.m. - before the retailers open for business.

From San Diego Marriott you will take I-5 north to the 73 toll road north (about 70 miles).
Take 73 toll road north (toll will be about $4) and exit at Newport Coast Road and proceed to the light and go left.
Proceed on Newport Coast approx. 3 miles to Pacific Coast Highway ("PCH") and go left.
Crystal Cove shopping Center will be on your left about 2 miles down. You will see it as you go by (lots of people standing around), take a left at the next light and find a spot to park and enjoy yourself.

When you leave you can go left (out of the shopping center) and go South on PCH and drive south through Laguna Beach (which has lots of art galleries and nice places to eat) and then on south through Dana Point. PCH will essentially dead end into I-5 South, so you can jump on the freeway and head back to San Diego. You may want to enjoy some time in Laguna, as traffic going from OC to SD between 10 - noon can be pretty bad.

I will be there, bringing my Seal Grey GT2.

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 06-24-2006 at 12:30 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.