996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Side scoop removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Side scoop removal

I've seen the pdf graphic on this, but who here has personally removed the side scoops of their turbo, and can you give me a step by step please?

Thanks.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:36 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
They just pop out.First start in the lower corner close to the door using a rubber wedge tool.Pry gently out away from body while moving upward to the top of the side vent.gently pull out and toward front of vehicle.It is held in with clips that snap in similar to the clips that hold the shifter boot in.Hope this helps.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Joe!

Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 PM
rennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to behold
I just removed my vents and wanted to add a bit of clarification to the procedure in the hopes it'll help folks in the future.
Using the plastic wedge tool you want to pop/pry the vent off the clips. The clips are lined at the 12 and 6 o'clock position of the vent and also the forward leading edge closest to the door. Once you start removing the vent you'll be able to see what I mean.
There are also two pressure type of clips on the rear edge of the vent assembly. These clips are just holding the vent snug to the body.
Once the vent is separated from the clips this is when you gently pull the vent forward and out of the vent cavity.
This is also a good time to replace the gasket connected to the vent. Mine was in pretty bad shape.
Clean up the vent (mine was pretty dirty), polish and reinstall.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:19 PM
kato1453 has a spectacular aura aboutkato1453 has a spectacular aura about
I would love to see some pictures. You know worth a thousand words and all!

Old 04-08-2012, 02:24 PM
rennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to beholdrennwerkes is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kato1453
I would love to see some pictures. You know worth a thousand words and all!
Roger that!
I'm usually not one to take pics while I'm working on the car.
I put everything back together already.
The vents are plastic and I'd rather not keep removing and reinstalling.
However, I am going to purchase new gaskets so will take pics when I do the job again which should be in a week or two.
Will post then.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Here you go.
I also noticed that the sides of the clips have a tendency to bend outwards when you pull the side scoop away from the car. Just bend them back so that all the clips look consistent. I also swapped the bottom clip with the top one. The bottom ones seem to rust a bit more than the others. I guess eventually I'll just buy new clips.
I also assumed that Porsche would sell the gaskets separately. Guess what? The only way for you to get them is to buy the whole intake assembly!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
thake a plastic shoe horn to the lower left hand corner it will pop right out be sure it's plastic do a search i think i took pics and posted them

Old 04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !