996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lost post: The Complete Cannonball Run Story!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 03:33 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
POSTSCRIPT:

Ended up taking a plea deal, was sentenced to 120 hours of community supervision and 2 years parole. I did my community service, paid my fines and did probation. The case has now been expunged from my record and I have no felony convictions on my record.

Long story short, just pull over and take the ticket. It is alot cheaper and easier in the end. You can't outran the LAW!

Old 06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Buddy,
Great story man, wish it didnt happen to you but hey as you say it is what it is.
My favorite saying about cops and outrunning them I heard from my cousins back when they had Super Bee's and Hemi Chargers and Challengers, they asked me what the fastest thing on the street was and their reply was "A cops Motorola Radio" that is so true. But hey what a story you have for the grandkids at X-mas time ehh?
Let me know when you are in Chi-town and we will meet up for some good food and drinks, that is if we can hang now that I dont have a P car anymore (for now that is)

Bajo

Old 06-28-2006, 04:43 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I will call you next time I am in town.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:50 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
great read. The original thread is actually what brought me to 6speedonline from it being posted on other sites. So I guess, thanks budman.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Cool glad you came over. When is your GT500 suppose to be delivered?

Old 06-28-2006, 08:25 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by buddyg
Cool glad you came over. When is your GT500 suppose to be delivered?
Thanks...I just got my VIN last week...I don't know when it's being built though (I need to call the svt hotline again). One of my buddies has a VIN 15 numbers after mine and his is already scheduled to be built...I'll call tomorrow and let you know when I am getting her. Sometime before August. I have some mods planned already. I am thinking maybe just skip the blower upgrades and go to a turbo setup. The FGT made 801rwhp on 15psi...the shelby's motor is practically the same (same heads, same rods, same crank, same size block). The GT's block is aluminum, which I may do also. It'd be the only 700 + whp shelby on the road.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:51 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Okay on to the BEST part or for me maybe it was the WORST part in any event it WAS funny.

So I blast through Amarillo, TX and we are coming up on Shamrock, TX doing about 105 on the cruise control. All of a sudden we get a cop that flicks his radar on. I hit the brakes but he just keeps going in the opposite direction. Start to speed up again and wham another cop hits us and this time he is coming across the grass median.

I look at Hani and say should we outrun him? He looks at me and says BUDMAN whatever you want to do. So like an idiot I put my foot to the floor. Well needless to say he began to dissapear very fast in my rear view mirror. I was under the FALSE impression that if we reached the Oklahoma border which was a mere 20 miles away that the Texas trooper could not follow us across and get us. Big mistake!

So we are doing about 160 mph and have completely lost this cop. I keep looking at the NAV screen to see where we cross into Oklahoma. Finally Oklahoma and I take the first exit. We turn right and then left and we are on I 40 business. I slow down to a normal speed and I am shaking like crazy. Never really outran I cop before (well once but that is another story) so I say to Hani " Hey looks like we did it, man what a story we will have for the guys". If I only knew how much wilder the story would be.

We go through this small town called Erick, Ok and everything seems great. Outside of town we are cruising along and all of a sudden up ahead I see a police car broadside in the road and there is an officer standing in front of the car. We ease up and the guy is holding an M16 fully automatic rifle at the car.

We stop and he yells "Get out of the car" I get out, he yells "Get on the ground" I get on the ground, he yells "All the way down" I am face down on the pavement. He yells "Don't move a muscle" I am like dude I am not moving anything. He yells to Hani inside the car "Hands on the ceiling". This guy is pointing a loaded fully automatic M16 at my head and I am hoping he doesn't have a trigger finger and that he just didn't watch a bad episode of COPS!

In short order other cops arrive my hands are handcuffed behind my back. The other cops put Hani on the ground and handcuff him. By the time I am on my feet we have 9 police vehicles all around us 9!

At this point I have no clue what is going to happen. They search the car, they ask alot of questions. I basically say "We are not criminals just did not want a ticket". One of the officers says "Good thing you got off the interstate because about 5 miles ahead they were laying down a tire puncture strip across the highway". Holy Crap! That would have sucked!

After quite some time they decide that Hani is just a passengar and they release him and ask it I want to release my car to him, of course I do. I end up being put in the police car in the front seat with the Oklahoma trooper who was pointing the M16 at my head. Turns out he is not a bad guy just doing his job and he was not sure what he was up against.

We head to the Oklahoma jail in Sayre, OK. On the way the this trooper is telling me that they want to extradite me back to Texas to face charges there. He was tryin gto help me and said "Listen don't fight extradtion because it could take 30 to 60 days and you will be stuck in our jail!"

Long story short I go before the judge in OK and waive extradition to Texas. A Texas trooper now handcuffs me and we head back to Shamrock, TX. After a long time sitting around they find a judge in Wheeler, TX that can arraign me. We go there and they make me drop my drawers, put me in a orange jumpsuit, finger print me and throw me in a cell with a metal bed, metal toilet and not much else.

I don't even have a pillow, I have no idea what is going to happen and I am thinking why did I not just pull over and get a ticket?? And are we going to still be able to make it to Tail of the Dragon? Honest to God I was thinking about that. Man what is wrong with me?

Finally they allow Hani to visit me. He has been calling bail bondsmen to try and bail me out. He finally finds one that will do it for $1500.00. I say get him here fast. Meanwhile I head back to my plush cell. About 2 hours later he shows up.

The bondsmen finally shows up I pay him $1500.00 he tells me to call him everyweek and if I don't show up to trial I will be on the next Wildest Bounty Hunters show on Fox.

I get my clothes back on and we finally leave this God forsaken town and state of Texas. Hani drives and I am just trying to take this whole day in. Man was I an idiot! A simple ticket versus facing a Felony charge!

We make it to Oklahoma City and find out that the Tail of the Dragon meet has been cancelled. Holy Crap all of this for nothing! We decide to eat dinner and grab a hotel in OKC and figure stuff out in the morning.

End of Day 5 and what a day it has been!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Wow Buddy, that's crazy. Best story i heard on 6speed ever LOL, glad everythings cool, you got lucky in a sense, maybe next time we'll see you on the news on world's scarriest police chase's jkjk

Old 06-29-2006, 06:43 AM
OH NO! My days of running from the law are over! My life would have been so much simplier if I would have pulled over for 15 minutes to get a ticket!

DUH! It definately was one of the tougher lessons in my life!

Old 06-29-2006, 01:11 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
OH NO! My days of running from the law are over! My life would have been so much simplier if I would have pulled over for 15 minutes to get a ticket!

DUH! It definately was one of the tougher lessons in my life!

LOL!! Yea man ive also been in similar situations where i see the cop about to pull out or cross a median and think about it, but just get too damm scared , you probably dipped into tha tthrottle and were like, omfg, WHAT AM I DOING i cant stop now LOL!!

Old 06-30-2006, 01:50 AM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
In the end though, wasn't all of it worth it for the story? Stories like that don't come cheap.. apparently

Old 06-30-2006, 07:54 AM
I don't think so! Too much grief for a story!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:22 AM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
I hear ya bro, but I have a feeling that the value of that story will only increase with time. That there is some serious out-of-a-movie type ****.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned
GrettW is infamous around these parts
I am usually pretty mellow but this story starts to bring back memories for me....We'll just say that I HATE F**KIN TEXAS and there arrogant troopers and I will never be returning to the backward land of steers and queers ever in my life!!!

Old 03-03-2007, 09:36 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome post! I remember reading this back when you first posted it and it was one of the main threads that kept my interest and fed my addiction to this board good write-up... a little too good... now i'm addicted... dammit!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:16 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
WOW!!!!!!

I am so glad this thread has been brought back ttt

Buddy, you are a maniac and that story is something that i dream about on a nightly basis.

Consider yourself lucky to be alive, lucky to have the means to do something like that, and lucky enought to be able to laugh about it!

My hat is off to you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lost post: The Complete Cannonball Run Story!