996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

There's a TurboKiller over on another forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 12:55 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JR.
last summer, i was tooling along a suburban chicago expressway, minding my own business... up ahead, a tricked out new Mustang was merging on with a lot of speed and exhaust note.. (loud exhaust, that sounded great) i caught up to her and we quickly drove to a stop light.. she was the first car in her lane and i was the first car in mine.. there was no doubt that we would drive as quickly as we could (safely) to the next stop light.. ( 2 miles) i had a slow Jag convertible at the time and knew i was outgunned, so i quietly brake torqued the car and let it rip just before the light turned green.. unfortunately, she blew my doors off and looked good doing it.. . i weaved thru some traffic and again caught up with her, but the same result.. she had a highly modified car, knew how to drive it, and on this day, i was driving the wrong car.. at the third stoplight, i pulled alongside her and we started laughing and chatting.. she told me it was her husbands' car and that she liked to drive it.. i wanted to ask if she could hang around for a few minutes so i could run home a grab my turbo or one of my bikes, but it was pointless. ... as i drove home, i had a huge smile on my face thinking about this hot babe banging gears in my neighborhood..
this summer i have a little faster car.. and i have these thoughts..
i am glad that mercedes/amg have produced engines with the kind of horsepower and torque that they do.. what a glorious time to own and drive cars like these..
RennTech V12,
there is a reason your screen name is what it is.. but i suspect you might change it to: Evoms GT2 700
ttgangsta,
the first thing that i do when i get in any car is turn off the traction.. in any MB AMG car, this equates fun.. great fun... whether from a standstill or driving (in 1st gear) along at 20 mpg, standing on the gas produces immediate wheelspin while the car car shifts into the next gear at redline.. my turbo is fun but make no mistake, these MB ARE fun and quite luxurious.. you cannot drive this car without a smile on your face.. i chuckle like a 12 year old... to drive around in a 500 - 600 hp convertible is the only way to go.. i have said this before but in my mind, the AMG SL's are more bang for the buck than a Porsche TT.. don't knock one unless you try one..
Red Devil,
i love the Porsche tiptronic and what seems to be the very same transmission in my MB.. once Porsche perfects the DSG transmission for high horsepower, i am quite sure that manual transmissions will be far and few between...
obviously, Porsches generally, are faster than Mercedes.. But MB/AMG is serious about their horsepower.. imagine what kind of power a tuned 65 can produce.. 700 hp and 900 + lbs. of torque.. not bad for an old man's car.. (not referring to you, RennTech V12) Gee, do we know anyone that has one or two?
at the end of the day, i want a "fast" car or two..but really what it is all about is putting a smile on my face.. and all of these cars do that.. Now if i REALLY want to put a smile on my face, i walk past some pretty cool cars in my garage and hop on a REALLY fast motorcycle.. talk about bang for your buck, smiles on your face and blowing off most Porsche turbos..
notice the Bill Clinton semantic.. i said most..
I'm with you all the way on this one!

By no means am I discounting the power and torque of the might V12 Benzes, my SL made 718 lb/ft AT THE GROUND. I just don't like it when people go around shooting their mouths off about how their car is faster than everybodys' TT, his statements seem to come from ignorance of the brand and it's tuners...I think we need to educate him

I would love to run into this guy in my lowly SL600, hell it's not even an AMG, he would surely put the beatdown on that too

Old 07-04-2006, 02:05 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
looks liek tyson and craig or on the case,, just read the thread in the other board

Old 07-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 02barebones996
looks liek tyson and craig or on the case,, just read the thread in the other board
Don't worry, we have good hand over their. They were more than enough to educate that guy

Old 07-04-2006, 03:01 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I live in the same town as that dude I've never see him... Wouldn't mind a little stoplight run with him so I can watch him smoke his tires through 3rd gear when I am already buslengths ahead... Anyone can roll race an automatic, lets see if he can tame all that power from a stop
Evan

Old 07-04-2006, 04:13 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
RennTech V12,
i have been a member over there for sometime.. as is all walks of life there are those at that site who are less fortunate intellectually... i find it a waste of time to educate them.. whoever they may be.. funny thing is, i never even knew there was a 'Kill Stories" forum... never read it and don't plan to.. not enough time as it is..
by the way, i would love to purchase your SL600+ when you are done with it.. the only thing stopping me is the transmission.. but with that power, it probably doesn't matter.
JR

Old 07-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
I live in the same town as that dude I've never see him... Wouldn't mind a little stoplight run with him so I can watch him smoke his tires through 3rd gear when I am already buslengths ahead... Anyone can roll race an automatic, lets see if he can tame all that power from a stop
Evan
Evan I smoked you in my Jetta you cant drive JK

Hope all is well..Think RoyalTT has the P-Car itch again! Tired of the American Iron and the bad service he is getting

Old 07-05-2006, 03:27 AM
VRAlexander
Proposed Challenge to a MB Forum member:

Did someone say "PINKS"???? I could arrange a Speed Channel 30minute show if someone from the MB camp is willing to step up to the plate???? I am willing to bet that Craig's EVOMS car would destroy a modded SL65 or a modded SLR....I put BUSLENGHTS on a modded McLaren SLR during the Gumball...Lets just settle this nonsense and move on to something better....Attachment 36694

Originally Posted by RennTechV12
My SL600 is faster than most modded TTs and all stock SL65s, but this guy is talking down to the turbos, I don't like that
Attachment 36695 I respect the Renntech MB's, after all I used to own one. This challenge is directed to a certain MB Forum member...

Evan- How "parted out" is your car??

Last edited by VRAlexander; 09-23-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:41 AM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
Alex,
how about a show with a bunch of highline cars and bikes at the dragstrip..etc... i doubt it would be for pink slips but maybe for cash..
some more possible participants
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...=148153&page=2
boy, this is going to be a party....
JR

Last edited by JR.; 07-05-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:16 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander

Did someone say "PINKS"????

Word.......I would love to see some european cars on Pinks.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by VRAlexander

Did someone say "PINKS"???? I could arrange a Speed Channel 30minute show if someone from the MB camp is willing to step up to the plate???? I am willing to bet that Craig's EVOMS car would destroy a modded SL65 or a modded SLR....I put BUSLENGHTS on a modded McLaren SLR during the Gumball...Lets just settle this nonsense and move on to something better....Attachment 36694

Attachment 36695 I respect the Renntech MB's, after all I used to own one. This challenge is directed to a certain MB Forum member...

Evan- How "parted out" is your car??

Great idea Alex. Just imagine the ratings for this show. Two $150K+++ cars up for grabs.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porscheboy16
Great idea Alex. Just imagine the ratings for this show. Two $150K+++ cars up for grabs.
Haha seriously! That would be absolutely awesome

Old 07-08-2006, 09:51 PM
dberry7578 is infamous around these parts
Cool

Wow! What an explosion of words. My post on the MB forum came after two rude post from HAMANN7. Maybe RenntechV12 should have given you guys the whole story. This started because an E55 driver posted a kill of a porsche turbo. Nothing really crazy or anything.

HAMANN7

We'll be sure to look out for you... there are some serious 996TT's around town that will beat the **** out of any AMG car, including the SLR McLaren or Kleemann K1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10.... My old 996TT pulled 10.74 in the quarter at 134mph... to date I have not seen an AMG car touch that, let alone the 9 second times that Alex D's 996TT in the Bay Area is pulling.

I wouldn't get too arrogant driving an E55, it's an inferior car from a performance perspective to the Porsches. You'll see...

Last edited by dberry7578; 07-08-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:55 PM
dberry7578 is infamous around these parts
Cool

Second Post from HAMANN7 after another guy tried to calm the situation. I guess that I should have rolled over and played dead. NOT If I am crass and arrogant then what is he?

HAMANN7

Yes, you're right... no point in getting into which is better, because Porsche clearly makes better cars than Chrysler-AMG.

My E55 is a travesty in handling... about all it does well is nice big burnouts and straight line pulls... A Cayenne Turbo will easily outhandle an E55. In fact, there is no doubt that the Cayenne Turbo S would probably whoop my E55 around a race track too. How SAD is that?

All MB had to do was give us a proper suspension with electronically adjustable shocks, instead they gave us some airbag bull**** that chollos use on their hoopties and el caminos.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
The MB is a great car and so is the porsche.
When everyone else was on horseback... Germany was already building the Voltswagon...
I respect both cars.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-09-2006, 06:08 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dberry7578
Second Post from HAMANN7 after another guy tried to calm the situation. I guess that I should have rolled over and played dead. NOT If I am crass and arrogant then what is he?

HAMANN7

Yes, you're right... no point in getting into which is better, because Porsche clearly makes better cars than Chrysler-AMG.

My E55 is a travesty in handling... about all it does well is nice big burnouts and straight line pulls... A Cayenne Turbo will easily outhandle an E55. In fact, there is no doubt that the Cayenne Turbo S would probably whoop my E55 around a race track too. How SAD is that?

All MB had to do was give us a proper suspension with electronically adjustable shocks, instead they gave us some airbag bull**** that chollos use on their hoopties and el caminos.
Which just goes to show you, there are asses in both camps :/

Personally, I like the SL and I like the 911TT, but they're two fairly different cars. The fact that they're reasonably close in acceleration is interesting, and the fact that they're both easily modded to be significantly quicker is a big plus.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: There's a TurboKiller over on another forum