996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best Exhaust Poll ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Best Exhaust Poll ?

There has been alot of debate regarding the best exhaust for the 996TT. Can share your thoughts. Kindly include the advantages and disadvantages for each of the following listed below: (If there are any other brands, feel free to post them and i will be glad to add them to the list below)

Which exhaust yeilds the most power increase.

*9ff
*AWE-Tuning
*B&B
*Cargraphic
*Europipe
*GHL
*Fabspeed
*FVD
*Gemballa
*JIC Cross
*Kreissieg
*Manthey Racing
*Milltek
*PSI Motorsport
*Rinspeed
*RS Tuning
*RUF
*SpeedArt
*Sportec
*Supersprint
*Techart
*Tubi
*Ztek

Last edited by Q8_TwinTurbo; 07-06-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
I had a Cargraphic medium - it was loud, but resonance was a problem. Replaced it with a Kreisseig - way too expensive but sound is excellent and having the ability to switch between the cat and bypassing it is perfect. If I want to bring the turbo lag to almost zero and have the roar of straight pipes, it's there.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
LOL this is the 4th best exhaust thread you made

Anyway im loving my FVD exhaust with cat bypass pipe's. Can hear the turbo's slightly, great performance gain and sound is amazing as well under normal driving (very mechanical sounding opposed to just turbo's from straight pipes) and under full throttle it ROARS!

Old 07-04-2006, 06:43 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
europipe loud

Old 07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I did notice he left out Europipe on his list. So far from what I've told, they are pretty hard to beat.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:21 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
yeah u need to put the best one on ur list.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:09 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
I've got Fabspeed and have yet to hear one better.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:09 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
New 9ff Variotune Video

We put a new video up - Rolling Thunder. The file is a bit larger, but on the upside the audio quality is pretty good (still not as good as in person).

Its the first video listed on the Variotune Exhaust page
Our clients love the HP gains, but in honesty its the aggressive, mellifluous exhaust note - and the ability to go into stealth mode that excites the most.

A lot of quality systems out there for sure.

Last edited by ECB; 07-04-2006 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:39 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
Europipe 11 Loud
JB

Old 07-04-2006, 08:43 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ECB
We put a new video up - Rolling Thunder. The file is a bit larger, but on the upside the audio quality is pretty good (still not as good as in person).

Our clients love the HP gains, but in honesty its the aggressive, mellifluous exhaust note - and the ability to go into stealth mode that excites the most.

I was going to bring this up too, i think its the sickest sounding exhaust out for the turbo! Even the Kressieg doesnt sound that good, as for performance, i can only hope it gives great gains for the money

Old 07-04-2006, 08:50 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
It dyno'd 39HP at the wheels

Originally Posted by iLLM3
I was going to bring this up too, i think its the sickest sounding exhaust out for the turbo! Even the Kressieg doesnt sound that good, as for performance, i can only hope it gives great gains for the money
Thanks for the kind words.

There's a review about the exhaust and its attendant technology in an upcoming major publication. It should be on the stands in the next couple of weeks.

Sometimes, I still cant believe how ultimately sick it sounds. The real kicker is the absolute lack of resonance. None whatsoever. Its really the idel exhaust for the driver who wants more power and more sound (without resonance) - but who also requires a dose (no, modicum) of civility (sometimes).

Anybody who hasnt downloaded rolling thunder...do so! Then sound off!

Old 07-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by ECB
Thanks for the kind words.

There's a review about the exhaust and its attendant technology in an upcoming major publication. It should be on the stands in the next couple of weeks.

Sometimes, I still cant believe how ultimately sick it sounds. The real kicker is the absolute lack of resonance. None whatsoever. Its really the idel exhaust for the driver who wants more power and more sound (without resonance) - but who also requires a dose (no, modicum) of civility (sometimes).

Anybody who hasnt downloaded rolling thunder...do so! Then sound off!
Well wish i had the money to drop that on this exhaust, i rather buy other things though, i have my FVD and cat bypass and LOVE it as well. Also sounds amazing, alot of exhaust tone and a crazy afterburner type WOT

Old 07-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Samiz7 is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have the Gen II 9ff VAriotune" Sports Exhaust on their TT in the LA area for us to hear? I would appreciate the oppertunity....

Old 07-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
You guys seriously terrorized the neighborhood!

Is that car RWD or AWD?

Old 07-05-2006, 12:38 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB

looks like the exhaust is hanging 2'' from the ground...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust Poll ?