996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

414 rwhp Procharged Mustang GT messed with me today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I have run against several low 10second domestics in highway runs (60-130) and I always smoke them. This includes my buddy's 800RWHP TT C5 Vette, he ran 10.58 @ 134, when we ran on the freeway I whooped him 10 out of 10 times. It seems that these 996TTs shine from a roll and will put down cars with higher HP and lower ETs. That's why I keep saying "ET isn't everything!"
800 rwhp <-> 134 MPH trap speed does not compute!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:56 AM
greg schroeder is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
800 rwhp <-> 134 MPH trap speed does not compute!
The HP value would be SAE corrected Dynojet so people can compare apples to apples. Time and speed is not corrected as we live in Arizona were times are typically much higher and speeds lower than other strips which are fortunate to be near sea level on chilly days.

Evolution Motorsports will tell you for certain what Joe's GT700 996tt is for SAE HP on a Dynojet. We had a dyno day a while back at an alternate location. On the same day, on the same dyno I saw the C5 tt, wet system nitrous oxide, methanol injection with 17 psi put down about 100 more HP than Joes GT700 and about 200 HP more than my car. It is a 800+ SAE RWHP Dynojet car. Other tpye dyno numbers would be different.

Following our dyno day I joined a conversation with the TT C5 owner(nice guy) and a few others. It was his belief at the time his C5 TT with 17 psi, methanol injection, wet system nitorus oxide and drag radials at the time could beat everyone in the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club. I simply said, "run Joe (GT 700) on the freeway when we're done here." He did and I video taped it as I watched the C5 loose every single valid rolling start. Videos are not the best quality.

Here in Arizona we generally have higher times and slower speeds than those which are fortunate to make passes near sea level on chilly days.

Last edited by greg schroeder; 07-07-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by greg schroeder
The HP value would be SAE corrected Dynojet so people can compare apples to apples. Time and speed is not corrected as we live in Arizona were times are typically much higher and speeds lower than other strips which are fortunate to be near sea level on chilly days.
You can't use SAE correction with turbocharged cars on dynos. It produces exaggerated numbers. You must use the uncorrected numbers for turbocharged cars if you want to accurately compare apples to apples to non-turbocharged cars that use SAE correction.

As you can see in this thread, the poster's numbers were close to 80 rwhp high when the dyno operator used SAE correction with his turbo (you need the read the entire thread). The more power, the more the numbers will be off.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...highlight=dyno

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-07-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by greg schroeder

Evolution Motorsports will tell you for certain what Joe's GT700 996tt is for SAE HP on a Dynojet. We had a dyno day a while back at an alternate location. On the same day, on the same dyno I saw the C5 tt, wet system nitrous oxide, methanol injection with 17 psi put down about 100 more HP than Joes GT700 and about 200 HP more than my car. It is a 800+ SAE RWHP Dynojet car. Other tpye dyno numbers would be different.

Following our dyno day I joined a conversation with the TT C5 owner(nice guy) and a few others. It was his belief at the time his C5 TT with 17 psi, methanol injection, wet system nitorus oxide and drag radials at the time could beat everyone in the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club. I simply said, "run Joe (GT 700) on the freeway when we're done here." He did and I video taped it as I watched the C5 loose every single valid rolling start. Videos are not the best quality.

Here in Arizona we generally have higher times and slower speeds than those which are fortunate to make passes near sea level on chilly days.
Thanks for the post Greg, could you post the video? Send it to me and I'll host it on our site.

BTW, he made 100 more RWHP than my car's AWHP, there's a considerable loss to all 4 wheels.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:32 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
You can't use SAE correction with turbocharged cars on dynos. It produces exaggerated numbers. You must use the uncorrected numbers for turbocharged cars if you want to accurately compare apples to apples to non-turbocharged cars that use SAE correction.

As you can see in this thread, the poster's numbers were close to 80 rwhp high when the dyno operator used SAE correction with his turbo (you need the read the entire thread). The more power, the more the numbers will be off.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...highlight=dyno
I knew that was coming

Actually Scott, they didn't correct any of the numbers for the dyno runs, they had a Dyno with very poor ventilation and air flow. My numbers from EVOMS are also uncorrected.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I knew that was coming

Actually Scott, they didn't correct any of the numbers for the dyno runs, they had a Dyno with very poor ventilation and air flow. My numbers from EVOMS are also uncorrected.
I didn't mean your numbers, bro. I was talking about the 800rwhp C5, which is what Greg said was SAE corrected.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-07-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:14 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I didn't mean your numbers, bro. I was talking about the 800rwhp Viper, which is what Greg said was SAE corrected.
I think he was talking about a TT C5?? But anyway who cares

Old 07-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I think he was talking about a TT C5?? But anyway who cares
Doh! Fixed. That's what I meant. Good catch.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:10 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Let's see the video!!

Is Joe's GT2 a GT700 kit??
(they definitely are a fast set-up)

MK

Is Joe's 996TT a 2 or all-wheel drive ??

Old 07-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Let's see the video!!

Is Joe's GT2 a GT700 kit??
(they definitely are a fast set-up)

MK

Is Joe's 996TT a 2 or all-wheel drive ??
I whooped him in my AWD TT. The GT2 is going in on Monday to EVOMS to get the Dr. Frankenstein transformation

Old 07-07-2006, 05:17 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I whooped him in my AWD TT. The GT2 is going in on Monday to EVOMS to get the Dr. Frankenstein transformation
Will it be ready by next Saturday Joe?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Will it be ready by next Saturday Joe?
They tell me that it will be done in time for Friday night drags next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 07-07-2006, 05:23 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
They tell me that it will be done in time for Friday night drags next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I am down for the drags. Will you bring it out to Firebird Sat night for the night DE?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
I am down for the drags. Will you bring it out to Firebird Sat night for the night DE?
I was reading about it on their site, I not sure if I want to put the car on the track with modded Miatas and Mini Coopers

Old 07-07-2006, 08:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Doh! Fixed. That's what I meant. Good catch.
NP man

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 414 rwhp Procharged Mustang GT messed with me today...