996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

414 rwhp Procharged Mustang GT messed with me today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:59 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Exactly. The fact is our cars shine from a roll...which is actually what I prefer.
Racing from a roll is ghey What do you think this is? Supraforums

Old 07-23-2006, 03:02 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Racing from a roll is ghey What do you think this is? Supraforums
WTH? It took you 2 weeks to reply to this?

Old 07-23-2006, 03:07 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
WTH? It took you 2 weeks to reply to this?
It takes time before you can go FTW

Old 07-23-2006, 11:05 AM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
That's why I keep saying "ET isn't everything!"
Werd.

Making it into the 10's is always nice, but where in the real world will you get a stop light with VHT all over it? And how long will your clutch last?

Trap speed is a lot more meaningful to me, and is a lot less dependent on suspension settings than 60' time. I'd rather have a mid-11's car that traps at 130 than a mid 10's domestic trapping at 125.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
P cars are not set up for 1/4 mile... so we always loose to mustangs etc. that are set up for it... On the highways they dont have a chance...
all in all... it would be nice to have a P car running 10s at the strip as well- drive the car there... and drive back.. thats my goal. Something most other cars cant really do... ( besides other turbo charged cars liek supras, evos,etc).

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I do not see how many Cobras can give you TT guys much of a race. I raced two 04 Cobras from a roll on the highway 50-120MPH in Mexico of course . This was all when my car only dyno’d out 272 HP and they did beat me but for sure they were not running away they were barley pulling at all.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:54 PM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
most domestic cars are not geared for high way runs... they max out at 130 to 140 mph. its the launch that gets us.. thats our disadvantage.
Thats a very general statement and could definitely be incorrect if refering to the wrong domestics.....b/c Viper GTS's, C6 Z06's and the Ford GT are all VERY strong on the top end***

...mustangs, and buckets with big blocks usually come out the hole blazin' but choke like a chicken on the top end thou, yes*

--- Kev

Old 07-25-2006, 01:57 PM
gnxs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kevin D
...mustangs, and buckets with big blocks usually come out the hole blazin' but choke like a chicken on the top end thou, yes*

--- Kev
That's an old, out of date stereotype. Plenty of domestics out there with good MPH to go with their ET.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gnxs
Plenty of domestics out there with good MPH to go with their ET.
Yep. My buddy's Cobra goes low 11's @ 129 or so on 93 octane.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:11 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
There are some bad *** Well tuned Cobras around this neck of the woods. Strong power delivery accross the board. We're talking about 03 cobras between 550 to 600 RWHP under 7k in mods. Pulls hard on my stock X50.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:10 PM
The Pun
Originally Posted by ShankLMR
There are some bad *** Well tuned Cobras around this neck of the woods. Strong power delivery accross the board. We're talking about 03 cobras between 550 to 600 RWHP under 7k in mods. Pulls hard on my stock X50.
I hate those Cobra guys...

My car ran 11:60's at 124 with a 2.0 60 foot, the first time with this combo at the track. She has alot left in her and I hope to go low 11's or high 10's next time out.

Mine does have enough power for some crazy top end speed but it is not very fun driving this brick at 140+. I have had the speedo pegged at 160 a few times but try not to do it too often. Shank is a bad influence on me.

Last edited by The Pun; 07-27-2006 at 03:27 PM.