996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some quick pics of my new ride height....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks sooo nice, congrats. The only thing now is to get rid of the warts on the nose lol

Old 07-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Banned
M3j0n is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I had the car lowered to GT2 specs.
the car looks great.... btw, i didnt know the gt2 had "height specs" since it comes with an adjustable suspension.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:34 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Sharkey,

May I toot your horn??

Nice job in setting our Military Man up properly!!

MK

Old 07-08-2006, 07:22 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on the coilovers. Even at the softest setting it must handle better than stock.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3j0n
the car looks great.... btw, i didnt know the gt2 had "height specs" since it comes with an adjustable suspension.
So because they have adjustable suspensions, you think they don't come from the factory at a pre-set height range? That's the great thing about these forums..you learn something new every day.

GT2 specs, directly from the tech manual are: 118 + 5 (118-123 mm) in front, and 133 + 5 (133-138 mm) in the rear.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-08-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:20 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Your car is hott!, I like the wheels and the Gt2 Spec lowering

Old 07-08-2006, 09:09 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Car looks awesome! The stock body lowered on nice wheels is definately the way to go on these cars!

Old 07-08-2006, 12:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Sharkey,

May I toot your horn??

Nice job in setting our Military Man up properly!!

MK
as they say.. don't mess with a millitary man. Especially not one that runs 10 Trust me, I tried to pursuade him into getting the stiffests springs possible but alas a I failed in my attempt to slow his launches down!

Old 07-08-2006, 01:12 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
LOL...your math was almost spot-on.

The guy that set up my suspension was cringing when I told him I wanted it left on the softest setting for a better launch. He's the crew chief for a local Porsche race team, and although he loves my car...he of course wants me to use it for road racing instead of drag racing.
I'm sure he was I remember one time I handed some alignment specs to some of the Peterson White Lighning race team lackey's they shook their heads!

Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Divexxtreme,

What wheels are you going with?

Old 07-08-2006, 04:03 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Car looks great!

However, I do have a question.....Of all the coilover choices in the market, why did you choose JIC?

This is one of the few suspension companies which does not have a good reputation.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Divexxtreme,

What wheels are you going with?
He went with the BBS RSGT's i believe, very nice and lightweight wheels! Scott, did you get 18's or 19's? I assume 18's since you kept the tires correct?

BTW AWD, JIC is well known in the Porsche community, alot of people run the JIC cross suepsnion and say that it is amazing, not as good as Moton but better then all of the others by a big margin especially for its price!

Old 07-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Sideways has a spectacular aura aboutSideways has a spectacular aura about
Wow, that looks very nice. Great outcome.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AWD
Car looks great!

However, I do have a question.....Of all the coilover choices in the market, why did you choose JIC?

This is one of the few suspension companies which does not have a good reputation.
Stephen at Imagine Auto turned me on to it. I'd say he's a pretty reputable source.

My installer is the crew chief for a local Porsche race team. They race 996 GT3's and C2's. They use the extremely expensive JRZ kits on their cars....and he was really digging my JIC. Said the qualiity and adjustability was awesome.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
He went with the BBS RSGT's i believe, very nice and lightweight wheels! Scott, did you get 18's or 19's? I assume 18's since you kept the tires correct?
Yep...18x11 and 18x8 RS-GTs in silver. Pics will be in up in an hour or so.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-08-2006 at 07:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some quick pics of my new ride height....