996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The GT2 project has begun!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 08:34 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///M PHOBIA
Joe, what kind of times are you expecting to hit when you take it to the track after the swap is done?
I have no idea, I don't even want to speculate. With less weight and a better setup than my TT, I expect to trap higher than the 136 I did before.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:23 PM
///M PHOBIA is infamous around these parts
Wow.... good luck, i definately need to see some videos after its done!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Gemballa GTR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eshaun
no offense, but please show some respect...there are some very good drivers in these 20-30k cars that could teach everyone a thing or two...and plenty of DE sessions/ race groups for all experience/HP levels. If you are such a bad *** come out and join the racegroup for the 2hr enduro... I hope this condescending attitude is not present at your events when a skilled driver laps the gt2 in a lowly m3 or ricemobile
"I'm your huckleberry"! This has nothing to do with driver skill eshaun. There are a lot of factors that go into not wanting to put ones $200K car on the track with someone's $20K car. If a GT2 driver is next to a person driving an F430, it is likely both drvers understand that any damage to either of their cars would cost as much as an M3. No ego, just common sense. I don't think a GT2 driver would take offense to not being put on the track at the same time with an Enzo."Show some repect" That's exactly what we do when someone takes thier really expensive car out to the track with our club.

Last edited by Gemballa GTR; 07-14-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:35 PM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
some drivers get overly aggressive and dangerous when encountering a slower or faster driver on the track in something more expensive/exotic, like they have something to prove. i've seen it happen more times than i can count. **** happens, better to be safe than sorry.

if that sounds snobby, so be it. it's the truth.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:09 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gemballa GTR
"I'm your huckleberry"! This has nothing to do with driver skill eshaun. There are a lot of factors that go into not wanting to put ones $200K car on the track with someone's $20K car. If a GT2 driver is next to a person driving an F430, it is likely both drvers understand that any damage to either of their cars would cost as much as an M3. No ego, just common sense. I don't think a GT2 driver would take offense to not being put on the track at the same time with an Enzo."Show some repect" That's exactly what we do when someone takes thier really expensive car out to the track with our club.
DITTO....

and i own an E46 M3.....

Old 07-14-2006, 01:51 AM
secc911 is infamous around these parts
tracking the GT2

Eshaun,

I can see where you may have misunderstood what RennTech V12 was saying. I know Joe, have been on the track with him many times with the Scottsdale Exotic Car Club and the P.C.A. and I can say that it's not about disrespect at all. It's purely about finances.

I drive a Turbo, have tracked a lot of my cars and am very confident in my driving skills. To this day, I sometimes get nervous when on the track at the same time with all of these expensive cars. I can feel the tension when we're out there as no one wants to be the infamous one to cause an accident in this price range (actually, an accident in any price range sucks). I can also feel myself pushing a little harder when I'm having trouble keeping up with one of the more powerful cars.

With that said, I am also very aware of the ramifications of such an incident. Unfortunately, with all of my time on the track I can attest to the fact that not everyone thinks that way. A lot of times there are overly aggressive drivers trying to reel in the more powerful car. So, I can see from where his cautious attitude comes.

Back to your point. I know there are people with expensive cars that have their collective noses in the air because of the price. I hate that attitude more than anyone. They give ALL car enthuiasts bad reps. But I can promise you, the SECC and ALL of its members believe in having a fun, safe time with NO ATTITUDES.

It just a matter of common sense!

Be safe out there.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:25 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Nice shop.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:25 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eshaun
no offense, but please show some respect...there are some very good drivers in these 20-30k cars that could teach everyone a thing or two...and plenty of DE sessions/ race groups for all experience/HP levels. If you are such a bad *** come out and join the racegroup for the 2hr enduro... I hope this condescending attitude is not present at your events when a skilled driver laps the gt2 in a lowly m3 or ricemobile
Stop your whining! You would NOT put your 180K+++ car on the track with a Mini Cooper or Subaru either unless you knew the other drivers and or their skill level very well! At the SECC events, we all for the most part know each others skills and have the choice to drive in a catagory that best serves our skills.

A fender bender or minor wreck in a Subaru is easily fixed and painted (probably in 7-10 days) for under a few thousand dollars - no harm, no foul. You can easily still sell the car someday with little or NO worries. Wreck a Porsche, Lambo or any Exotic for that matter and you will be without a car for about 4-6 months AT LEAST, its going to cost you anywhere from 20K - 60K roughly depending on damage and you just lost another 50K+++ at the time you sell it depending on the type of car and its rarity!

One Bad Track Day =

Wrecked Subaru - $4000.00 (estimated)
Wrecked Lambo or GT2 - $25,000+ & $50,000 (at time of sale) - $75,000++ (Also if Insurance knows you were at the track, NO COVERAGE) Thats 75k out of that persons pocket!

Lesson learned - Be Careful who you are on the track with!

No one is being dis-respectful to you or any other owner of a 20 - 40K car, WE are just being real! There is NOTHING wrong with any 20k - 40K car and no one is implying that what so ever!

** I do agree with you on one point - there are some VERY Fast and VERY Trackable cars that are under 40K, some of which would blow some Exotics out of the water with the right driver.

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 07-14-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:11 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AzExoticLover
Stop your whining! You would NOT put your 180K+++ car on the track with a Mini Cooper or Subaru either unless you knew the other drivers and or their skill level very well! At the SECC events, we all for the most part know each others skills and have the choice to drive in a catagory that best serves our skills.

A fender bender or minor wreck in a Subaru is easily fixed and painted (probably in 7-10 days) for under a few thousand dollars - no harm, no foul. You can easily still sell the car someday with little or NO worries. Wreck a Porsche, Lambo or any Exotic for that matter and you will be without a car for about 4-6 months AT LEAST, its going to cost you anywhere from 20K - 60K roughly depending on damage and you just lost another 50K+++ at the time you sell it depending on the type of car and its rarity!

One Bad Track Day =

Wrecked Subaru - $4000.00 (estimated)
Wrecked Lambo or GT2 - $25,000+ & $50,000 (at time of sale) - $75,000++ (Also if Insurance knows you were at the track, NO COVERAGE) Thats 75k out of that persons pocket!

Lesson learned - Be Careful who you are on the track with!

No one is being dis-respectful to you or any other owner of a 20 - 40K car, WE are just being real! There is NOTHING wrong with any 20k - 40K car and no one is implying that what so ever!

** I do agree with you on one point - there are some VERY Fast and VERY Trackable cars that are under 40K, some of which would blow some Exotics out of the water with the right driver.
Are you joking right now? You think a Subaru or Mini Cooper driver wants an accident on a track as much as an exotic owner? You think they dont think like, hmm i wonder if this driver can really drive, or is he pulling it out of the garage for the first time?

Same situation can be applied to both cars and both owners, remember just because its 20-40k doesnt means its cheap to that particular owner, just like people in exotics who own them, they dont WANT an accident either , understand?

I think you should just read your post back to yourself, it sounded extremely pompous!

Bottom line is, no one wishes to get in an accident, whether the person can just afford his $40k car or 150k, doesnt matter. And to just imply that these driver's in less expensive cars are more reckless because of the price is plain silly!

Last edited by iLLM3; 07-14-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Are you joking right now? You think a Subaru or Mini Cooper driver wants an accident on a track as much as an exotic owner? You think they dont think like, hmm i wonder if this driver can really drive, or is he pulling it out of the garage for the first time?

Same situation can be applied to both cars and both owners, remember just because its 20-40k doesnt means its cheap to that particular owner, just like people in exotics who own them, they dont WANT an accident either , understand?

I think you should just read your post back to yourself, it sounded extremely pompous!

Bottom line is, no one wishes to get in an accident, whether the person can just afford his $40k car or 150k, doesnt matter. And to just imply that these driver's in less expensive cars are more reckless because of the price is plain silly!
Read it how you want??? No one said that ANYONE wants an accident! I think YOU need to re-read my post! What I was saying is this: I and others CHOOSE to make more calculated decisions with certain things like 200K+ cars. The Risk is FAR GREATER with my car than a Subaru, bottom line. Its math buddy, try it sometime!

BTW: Please show me in my post where I said that people that drive less expensive cars are more Reckless, I am still trying to find where I wrote that? Are you even reading these post or just skimming them for what you choose to interprit! Again, just for peace of mind - It has to do with a Personal Prefernce thing, not a GENERALIZED Statement like you are making it!

The original Post started by Joe stated that he "Personally" did not want to track his GT2 with "Ricers". Its a personal prefrence thing. The other Guy responded back with a comment like - "If you think your such a Badass, then come out and race with us"?????? I think thats taking it a step to far, so thats why I told him to stop whining! Thats not what Joe was saying or for that matter what Iam saying! ITS A PERSONAL PREFERNCE THING!

** And again, just for the record - there is NOTHING wrong with a Subaru, BMW, ect (10k - 40K car). I am personally as we speak trying to locate the exact used older M3 to make a FULL Track Car. It will be set up perfectly for the track from engine upgrades, suspenson and wheels and will most likley "SPANK" my Lambo on any track event! Again, I am doing this for one reason - So I dont have to worry about an EXOTIC car at the track!

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 07-14-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:53 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Read it how you want??? No one said that ANYONE wants an accident! I think YOU need to re-read my post! What I was saying is this: I and others CHOOSE to make more calculated decisions with certain things like 200K+ cars. The Risk is FAR GREATER with my car than a Subaru, bottom line. Its math buddy, try it sometime!

BTW: Please show me in my post where I said that people that drive less expensive cars are more Reckless, I am still trying to find where I wrote that? Are you even reading these post or just skimming them for what you choose to interprit! Again, just for peace of mind - It has to do with a Personal Prefernce thing, not a GENERALIZED Statement like you are making it!

How many Track Events have you been to, just curious?

The original Post started by Joe stated that he "Personally" did not want to track his GT2 with "Ricers". Its a personal prefrence thing. The other Guy responded back with a comment like - "If you think your such a Badass, then come out and race with us"?????? I think thats taking it a step to far, so thats why I told him to stop whining! Thats not what Joe was saying or for that matter what Iam saying! ITS A PERSONAL PREFERNCE THING!

** And again, just for the record - there is NOTHING wrong with a Subaru, BMW, ect (10k - 40K car). I am personally as we speak trying to locate the exact used older M3 to make a FULL Track Car. It will be set up perfectly for the track from engine upgrades, suspenson and wheels and will most likley "SPANK" my Lambo on any track event! Again, I am doing this for one reason - So I dont have to worry about an EXOTIC car at the track!
Ive been to a few track event's with viper club, aston martin club with 300k dollar older aston's, none of them complain that a viper RT10 is out there ripping it up, even the 360challenges out there or viper comp coupe!

"ricer's" or street racers with big wings and fart can exhausts are not who you see out there, at least when i have went!

All im saying is, you made it seem like people with cheaper cars shouldnt be on the same track as exotics when running a few laps, would it make it better that most expensive exotic car owners cant drive either, and that they pose more risk than let's say, the evo or sti guy with great driving skills?

I feel everyone is looking into this too much, as well as me. BUT, fact remains, i think its pretty ridiculous!! Everyone loves to enjoy their cars, cheap, expensive, new or old! I find it that most people who go to the track, are aware of the danger's and surriounding driver's, and that most arent there for a day of reckless driving especially if they are 1st timers!

Old 07-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Ive been to a few track event's with viper club, aston martin club with 300k dollar older aston's, none of them complain that a viper RT10 is out there ripping it up, even the 360challenges out there or viper comp coupe!

"ricer's" or street racers with big wings and fart can exhausts are not who you see out there, at least when i have went!

All im saying is, you made it seem like people with cheaper cars shouldnt be on the same track as exotics when running a few laps, would it make it better that most expensive exotic car owners cant drive either, and that they pose more risk than let's say, the evo or sti guy with great driving skills?

I feel everyone is looking into this too much, as well as me. BUT, fact remains, i think its pretty ridiculous!! Everyone loves to enjoy their cars, cheap, expensive, new or old! I find it that most people who go to the track, are aware of the danger's and surriounding driver's, and that most arent there for a day of reckless driving especially if they are 1st timers!
I agree with you 100%.... I hope you and everyone understands that by NO means am I saying that the a cheaper car does not belong on the track with a more exspensive Exotic. I was responding to the other poster who again came back with a very challenging statement of who is the Bigger Badass! I believe the track event that is in question here is not a normal event, its a night event open to all cars and alot of the cars participating are in fact not your normal "Track Cars" like in most events. I think from what I have been told, many of them are in fact going to be "Ricers" and young drivers?

Anyways - Lets all get along!

Old 07-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I agree with you 100%.... I hope you and everyone understands that by NO means am I saying that the a cheaper car does not belong on the track with a more exspensive Exotic. I was responding to the other poster who again came back with a very challenging statement of who is the Bigger Badass! I believe the track event that is in question here is not a normal event, its a night event open to all cars and alot of the cars participating are in fact not your normal "Track Cars" like in most events. I think from what I have been told, many of them are in fact going to be "Ricers" and young drivers?

Anyways - Lets all get along!
LOL i agree. And the whole main reason why i brought it up, and i do to most of us 6speed member's, is because i know deep down they dont mean what they say when another lurker post's something, and then we go crazy with the insults or low blow's and stoop to their level (such as the z06 vs. 997tt thread, a few comments in this)!

In a sense im throwing it back at you guys to make you realize, wow i didnt mean to come across to anyone like that, there is no need to, and i brought it up because i have talked to you before and read your post's, and you and Joe are cool guys

Martin

Old 07-14-2006, 02:40 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
L

such as the z06 vs. 997tt thread, a few comments in this!

Martin
Hmm which thread was that Martin, dont believe I ever seen one of those, what was the outcome ? Which is faster.

Oooops I did it again didnt I

Old 07-14-2006, 03:10 PM
greg schroeder is infamous around these parts
Joe, That's going to be hot!

It doesn't get much better than that.

I can't wait to see that monster runs when it cools off around here in AZ.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The GT2 project has begun!