996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Brake caliper removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Brake caliper removal?

Hey guys,

I need to remove my brake calipers. Sending them to Eric Sandoval How difficult of a job is that? Does anyone have any links to how to instructions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:31 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
This is a fairly simple job. A couple main bolts hold the caliper on and then you need to remove the brake sensors and brakelines (unscrew and block them). I am not sure if there are any instructions online. Hope this helps.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:44 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
TCM is dead on. It's simple but the most important thing is KEEPING DIRT OUT OF THE BRAKES. You don’t want dirt getting into the pistons. Clean everything EXTREMELY well before disconnecting anything. Then, make sure you have good clean plugs for the ports.