996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Phase I complete - The look and feel...Sportec RS6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 11:15 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Red Devil
It looks great. Make sure to take one of those snow covered pictures like the one of your FX. I'm sure those 20's will like the snow! Have you driven the SL 600? I just read an article in Autoweek where they didn't like it as much as the 55.
I liked the 55's drive better "Feel of road-wise" however, once tuned by Renntech, at 745ft. lb torque, and 625HP, I know for sure I will forget about the AMG 55.

The SL is more softer in ride, and too quiet.....but I have tuning plans. I just got it lowered today and put my 55's rims on it.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:21 AM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Talking

Damn Shank!!

You change cars like a normal person would change their clothes everyday! lol! So what package RennTech are you getting for the V12?

Old 01-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ShankGT2
KPV,

Forgot about AWE's Audibilities. I'll call them tomorrow for sure.

Thanks
RS
We have a local customer where we did the full giddy-up on his S4. He strolled in, sat down, looked at our webpages regarding the S4 and said he wanted it all! The car now makes a consistent 350 to the wheels on pump and he is happy as a clam .

He takes delivery of his RS6 in a few weeks and wants us to do the same thing.

Big Turbos, Manifolds yadda yadda...

Watch out!

Old 01-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Big Turbos
Did you have a look down engine bay yet?

Old 01-08-2004, 03:14 PM
SupraCharged is infamous around these parts
What else can i say except that i love it....

Steve

Old 01-08-2004, 03:41 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally posted by Detailer708
Dario..for your info....Shanks car is a rs6,and there is no photoshop on the car...it's real!
I've known the SHANKSTER for awhile and I know all his cars are REAL ... it was a somewhat inside joke regarding the folks over at MBworld who called him out on being a fake after posting pics of his benz ...

no harm done ...

Dario

Old 01-08-2004, 03:49 PM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by DarioTexas
I've known the SHANKSTER for awhile and I know all his cars are REAL ... it was a somewhat inside joke regarding the folks over at MBworld who called him out on being a fake after posting pics of his benz ...

no harm done ...

Dario
oh no. Not that again!

Old 01-08-2004, 07:26 PM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
Shank,

You have quite a garage! From the second pic, I was wondering if that is the berry Red interior? What a beutiful car! Keep up updated with all the Renntech stuff!

Old 01-08-2004, 09:44 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Shank looking good buddy. I love the wheels man they make the car look so much more agressive.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:23 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Ryan, If you get me hooked on modding my E55, I'm going to shoot you at the shootout!

The turbo lag on the RS6 really bothered me. Are your mods knocking it out?

Old 01-09-2004, 12:49 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Colorchange,

Not much Lag in sport mode or paddle down 1 gear. Maybe a hair, but worth the wait.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Frisco is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JamE55
oh no. Not that again!
LOL - Actually, I have to thank Shank and that mbworld thread for introducing me to this site. At that point I had no immediate plans to get another car and was just planning on a Kleemann compressor for my benz, but between all of the amazing things that I've seen around here, I am now planning on the Kleemann, picking up a Cayenne sometime in the next couple months, and a Carrera to follow late in the year or next year (04 GT3 or one of the 997s?). Thanks to you all - I really enjoy this site.

And it goes without saying, that's quickly shaping up to be another killer car Shank.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:34 PM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice
Wow....Sweet RS-6!

Old 01-11-2004, 03:01 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Hey Shank,

Shouldn't this post be in the Off Topic forum? Just wondering since my post this morning has already been moved.

Old 01-11-2004, 03:11 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phase I complete - The look and feel...Sportec RS6