996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Craig how's that beast running?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
did the ITB's work out to be better or not so much with these cars.. As if thats the case i might run Dual MAF's that way i dont have to upgrade them i figure and can use stock ones i figure..
whos going to do the programming...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-17-2006, 02:57 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
Use Ti con-rods as they...

I am a little Lost you guys... why is it that the 9ff 910hp kit uses Titanium rods...i thought titanium was lighter but not as stronger... Also i am pressuming that its 910 with over 110 octane... Secondly has anyone thought of just using ITB's with the Porsche...that way it increases pressure into each cylinder so you dont have to run as much boost...
Ti has a great strength to weight ratio. This in turn helps the engine attain higher rotational speeds.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ECB
Ti has a great strength to weight ratio. This in turn helps the engine attain higher rotational speeds.
I know they do have a GREAT strength to weight ratio...but thats because of how light they are in general...but in the strength aspect Marksi is right...they can only take light abuse before u must replace them i hear..

Also for the Programming if i ran ITB's...I HAVE NO IDEA...I am going to start to look into programming from my japaness tuners as they do some crazy stand alone stuff in japan with custom motors such has hybrid heads and blocks and taking NA cars and making them Turbo'ed high horsepower applications... For instance i delt with Top Secret of Japan for awhile and they are known for making just CRAZY

Old 07-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
What are "ITB's"????

Old 07-18-2006, 09:53 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zippy
What are "ITB's"????
individual throttle bodies

Old 07-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
individual throttle bodies
Ahhhhh.... Sounds very cool!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:23 PM
justdumb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
whos going to do the programming...

Old 07-19-2006, 10:07 AM
heck if i know..But seriously...i am sure i can find someone..my grandpappy use to say... Anythings possible if you put ur mind to it... Well i wanted a Turbo and i got one befor i was 25...now its time to make it the CRAZIEST Turbo in existance... and then go from there...LOL

Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
heck if i know..But seriously...i am sure i can find someone..my grandpappy use to say... Anythings possible if you put ur mind to it... Well i wanted a Turbo and i got one befor i was 25...now its time to make it the CRAZIEST Turbo in existance... and then go from there...LOL
At 25 I was conning the bus driver with a hand full of nickles!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Dam yo... never been on the bus... i thought they took change anyways?

Old 07-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
now its time to make it the CRAZIEST Turbo in existance... and then go from there...LOL

Craig

Old 07-20-2006, 03:25 AM
funny thing is craig at 5 years old i really did do that...THANKFULLY the knife had a wooden grip...LOL... but i have been thinking it through... its going to be hard... i figure i am going to run a smiliar setup i have on the skyline with the Turbo... But since this is not an inline setup i figure i can maybe run a twin throttle body intake... I know it sounds stupid... but heck i am sure i can pull it off...did it with my old 300zx and ran two turbos almost the same size as the GT35r's... i think though i might run 28/35's not sure yet... going to do some flow calculations.. to see what are the best turbos if i am going to have a 7k or 8k redline.... cause depending on the head setup and intake setup i do will determine the turbos i shall run... I guess also i need to look into building the tranny other than just a clutch.. So i am going to have some people i know that build tranny's look into it too... I have a great idea how much this will cost and the amount of fabrication and time it will take... I am first going to pull the motor once i get the car back and my skyline is sitting on my drive way...that way i can play with that while i tinker with the porsche...

Also a lot of my statements are ideas...are ITB's logical.. more or likely they arent...can it be done... FOR SURe... is it going to be worth the money to do it... Dont know yet... if anything i might run dual throttle bodies...

Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Dam yo... never been on the bus... i thought they took change anyways?
Of course they take change. The driver isn't always interested in counting nickles to make sure he's not being short changed though. There's a lesson for ya kid, just in case things every get real ugly!

Old 07-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Zippy
There's a lesson for ya kid, just in case things every get real ugly!
THATS DAM RIGHT FUNNY.... Dont worry i got two kidneys... if it even looks like it might get that bad then i will for sure be down to one...but the way the market opened yesturday I might just buy an extra kidney or two incase i need one down the road...LOL

Old 11-07-2006, 04:33 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Well,

How is it running and where have you been??????

Marty K.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Craig how's that beast running?