996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cobra vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 09:12 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Dude,
Be careful. Yes you will stomp it from a roll but in the quarter traction and launch is his friend not yours. I have seen relatively stockish cobras with drag radials run flat 12 or high 11. If he has tweaked it some and can launch it hard you could loose your ride. From a roll or on a track you should walk him. Ask him if he wants to run from 80 to 180 and see what he says. TT is not the best drag racer. Even the guys with pretty insane tuner rides are often mid to low 11 with some in high tens or few middle tens. Unless he is a dumbass he knows something you don't. Run him for cash and make it an amount you can live with if you loose. Big ***** and no ride will suck out loud. If you can get him to agree to a few laps on a race track for lap times and then run quarters and compare times you will have beet him by much more than a few tenths if you are any type of good driver. Good luck. Not trying to bust your ***** but trust me, gamblers cheat thats why they win more than they loose when drag racing.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:04 PM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
why don't you run him with the loser buying the Strippers for the nite!

Old 07-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is boring..........

Old 07-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Pretty much.

Christian

Originally Posted by Turbochris
This thread is boring..........

Old 07-15-2006, 11:07 PM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
"THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT..... a COBRA being SMOKED!"

Old 07-15-2006, 11:28 PM
///M PHOBIA is infamous around these parts
Do what Martin said... Slap on the nitrous last minute !

Old 07-16-2006, 07:52 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
how do you unsubscribe from a thead again?

Old 07-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
GREAT NEWS PEEPS... so last night i went to my boys club and low and behold this fool shows up.... reving and all...like a 5 year old with a new toy... He tells people he is friends with the owner and yada yada yada...and the owner who i have know for years is like hey why havent you raced rob yet... U scrared or something... He was like "No just that fool always backs down..." Then about a few minutes later i show up...Its like i live in kentucky or something cause all of a sudden its like RACE time...We got ourselves and about 10 other people out on the street and just said screw it... I dont care about the money or the car... hell its just money and its just a car... I rather just kick his ***...

So you might wounder what happened.... Well i tell you this... I LOVE MY GOD DAM CAR MORE THAN MYSELF RIGHT NOW... I dont think i could have ever launched the car better and i doubt i will EVER be able to launch it that good again... But i want to learn...cause DAM was i just smiling from the first 3 gears... He on the other hand dropped it a little to hard and spun for a bit from what i was told.. I beat him by a little bit more than a car... It wasnt a fulll 1/4 i dont think as i just hit my flashers going from 3 into 4th...

I FEEL BETTER... SO MUCH BETTER... that fool straight came back and told all his friends that he was bored of the place and they should go... I wish i did get video but it was late and it was last minute... That fool owes me a round of drinks for the night... guess i aint never gonna get that...

But honestly if he had a better launch i would say it would have made a really CLOSE race... also heard the new Cobra comes on next month... HMMM 40k... with 500 ponies... that might be my new daily driver...

Old 07-19-2006, 06:28 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
its the other way around... awd will own the rwd cobra from a launch... from a roll, rwd is at an advantage

Originally Posted by silver
Dude,
Be careful. Yes you will stomp it from a roll but in the quarter traction and launch is his friend not yours. I have seen relatively stockish cobras with drag radials run flat 12 or high 11. If he has tweaked it some and can launch it hard you could loose your ride. From a roll or on a track you should walk him. Ask him if he wants to run from 80 to 180 and see what he says. TT is not the best drag racer. Even the guys with pretty insane tuner rides are often mid to low 11 with some in high tens or few middle tens. Unless he is a dumbass he knows something you don't. Run him for cash and make it an amount you can live with if you loose. Big ***** and no ride will suck out loud. If you can get him to agree to a few laps on a race track for lap times and then run quarters and compare times you will have beet him by much more than a few tenths if you are any type of good driver. Good luck. Not trying to bust your ***** but trust me, gamblers cheat thats why they win more than they loose when drag racing.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:09 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chidoks
its the other way around... awd will own the rwd cobra from a launch... from a roll, rwd is at an advantage
sticky tires and RWD will kill a AWD car on a launch, assuming similar HP and TQ output.