996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Porsche Motorsports problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:55 AM
X1
prubin is infamous around these parts
Porsche Motorsports problem

Hi all, Stephen at Imagine Auto ordered the Tilton triple disk clutch with Wevo slave for my car several months ago, (prepaid) which took several weeks to arrive. Porsche Motorsports was the source for only the TOB, however they sent the Cup slave instead of the Wevo.

Unfortunately the cup slave we received doesn't work right, as it has minimal travel and doesn't properly disengage. Stephen has had the clutch in and out of the car three times, at Porsche Motorsports' direction, with no luck. Now they're telling him to send back the whole clutch system for their analysis. All along, Porsche Motorsports has been minimally responsive, and they have been trying to avoid the issue.

What should have been a two week project has turned into more than two months of problems. Needless to say, Stephen and I are tired of all the hassle; we'd really like the Wevo slave we ordered. Does anyone have any contacts at Porsche Motorsports to get things moving? Or suggestions?

Last edited by prubin; 07-21-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prubin
Does anyone have any contacts at Porsche Motorsports to get things moving? Or suggestions?
Good luck. PMNA is a total PITA to deal with.

Try pestering Phoebe.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsand.../partsmanager/

Old 07-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Evan333 is infamous around these parts
If you can get me the part number you guys want I am sure I can pull it out of Germany within a week, but I can't help with the existing order. So if you guys can just return the one you have I would be happy to help get you guys the right one! Anything for Mr. Kasper
Evan

Old 07-21-2006, 07:02 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Make sure all your clutch disc's are full face, not puck style...trust me I know all about that issue with my Wevo/Tilton setup. All is perfect with mine...thanks to Hayden @ Wevo. He is a TOP NOTCH guy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2006, 12:01 AM
BLTZKRG is infamous around these parts
If you want something from Wevo just call Hayden, he's a great guy and very helpful, sure that he may be able to talk to Porsche and push from the other direction.
I think that Roger Grago is a Porsche motor sport guy, he's part of the RGruppe and may be able to help too.
Here's Haydens number 650 595 5772
Good Luck