996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Used 01 TT at Bentley Long Island... need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:29 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Used 01 TT at Bentley Long Island... need help

Hi guys,

I want to join the club! Im looking for a 01 TT in speed yellow. I live in CT, and I found one at Bentley of Long Island. They are asking 78k. it has 7k miles on it, and all the options I want. Though I dislike the chrome factory wheels on it. Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge of this dealership? Also, can anyone recommend a Porsche dealer or independant shop close by to Bentley of Long Island where I can get a pre-purchase inspection. I did a search for dealers on the main Porsche site and came up with the following:
-Porsche of Roslyn
-Legend Autorama
-Porsche of Huntington
-South shore Porsche
Unfortunately, I know no one with any experience with these dealers.
What else should I look out for before purchasing a 01 TT? I think a main concern is the second gear pop-out. How do I replicate this to happen when driving? the car is out of warranty, so I will also look to purchase an extended warranty.

Thanks guys for all your help and hopefully I will be joining the ranks soon

Old 07-22-2006, 03:38 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Well my friend, im in NY and know of most of those dealer's. The one's i am familiar with is Benltey of LI, Porsche Huntington which my friend works at, they also have an 01 speed yellow turbo that is GORGEOUS!

Both dealer's are amazing IMO, friend's have bought from them, my friend's father has gotten a ferrari and lamborghini from them and their service is good, quality of the car your buying is even better!

I wouldnt worry about the 2nd gear pop out issue, i dont have it :knock on wood: and its not that common!

Goodluck, if you need help let me know!

Martin

Old 07-22-2006, 03:41 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Do not know any of those dealers...but am familiar with the 2nd gear pop-out (I am fighting a $13k bill vs my extended warranty co right now). Anyway, to replicate it, go down a pretty steep hill in 2nd at idle....press the gas then let go. as soon as you let go, it pops out. Whenever there is a load with mine, it never pops out.
Anyway, best of luck with the car.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:41 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rcalcaide
Hi guys,

I want to join the club! Im looking for a 01 TT in speed yellow. I live in CT, and I found one at Bentley of Long Island. They are asking 78k. it has 7k miles on it, and all the options I want. Though I dislike the chrome factory wheels on it. Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge of this dealership? Also, can anyone recommend a Porsche dealer or independant shop close by to Bentley of Long Island where I can get a pre-purchase inspection. I did a search for dealers on the main Porsche site and came up with the following:
-Porsche of Roslyn
-Legend Autorama
-Porsche of Huntington
-South shore Porsche
Unfortunately, I know no one with any experience with these dealers.
What else should I look out for before purchasing a 01 TT? I think a main concern is the second gear pop-out. How do I replicate this to happen when driving? the car is out of warranty, so I will also look to purchase an extended warranty.

Thanks guys for all your help and hopefully I will be joining the ranks soon

78k is too much for that car. I've shopped their several times and they're prices are way too high for what you get.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:42 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Also, yes about what Martin said, it is not really common.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:42 PM
monsoonmadness is infamous around these parts
For that kind of money you can get into a 02 silver/blk 996TT that Legend has that is immaculate and is a great car. Give Arty a call and he will do you right. 516 798 8100

Old 07-22-2006, 03:48 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Martin,

thanks for responding so quickly. I did see that 01tt advertised at Huntington. They said it is is fly yellow and not speed yellow. Im sure its beautiful nonetheless. They are asking more than I want to pay though.
I do plan on visiting Bentley of LI soon to check out the car. And if all is well I will get this bad boy. Ive got 2 months remaining on my C32 lease and Im itching to get out of it now!

If I can get Porsche of Huntington to do a PPI on it, can I contact your friend as a reference?

thanks again,

Ronnie

Old 07-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys for helping out!!!

yeah, 78k is too high. I just havent got to the negotiating stage yet. IF the car is in excellent condition with a good history, then I will get it at a best price possible. I need to save as much as I can so that I can buy aftermarket parts!!!!!

Old 07-22-2006, 03:53 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Unless its well modded, 78K is high for a 01 regardless of the mileage.

Old 07-22-2006, 07:10 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rcalcaide
Martin,

thanks for responding so quickly. I did see that 01tt advertised at Huntington. They said it is is fly yellow and not speed yellow. Im sure its beautiful nonetheless. They are asking more than I want to pay though.
I do plan on visiting Bentley of LI soon to check out the car. And if all is well I will get this bad boy. Ive got 2 months remaining on my C32 lease and Im itching to get out of it now!

If I can get Porsche of Huntington to do a PPI on it, can I contact your friend as a reference?

thanks again,

Ronnie
Ronnie ask for Mark at Huntington Porsche, tell him Martin with the grey turbo sent you

Old 07-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
Bentley LI is definitely a reputable dealer, but I agree with Ryan in that their prices are way too high on all their inventory. Unless you can bring them down to around $70K, it's not worth it. This isn't the only speed yellow TT available in the country.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Raz5219
Bentley LI is definitely a reputable dealer, but I agree with Ryan in that their prices are way too high on all their inventory. Unless you can bring them down to around $70K, it's not worth it. This isn't the only speed yellow TT available in the country.
Agreed, although these cars are worth for an 01 78-80k book value, the real market price has dropped because of people just wanting to get rid of them and that's part of the hurting on the 996tt's resale, that sucks! But yea, you can definitely work it down..

Old 07-22-2006, 09:27 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
pd less two years ago for an 01 with 12 k on it . guess what 2nd gear pop out prob. it's a very common prob. if you but an 01 bring the pop out thing into the picture prior to buying it. porsche replaced my trans with out any probs..

Old 07-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I test drove that car with a friend about 2-3 months ago. It looked good but i don't remember specifically if it was perfect. Dr. Bill and I are over there often, although not lately, and he is particularly friendly with the owners and staff that I know pretty well. If you are REALLY interested in that car we will head over and speak to them on your behalf to get the story. If you want to call my cell today and let me know your name and who you've been talking to, we can probably go there this afternoon as I had an errrand that way. 516-633-1609

Old 07-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Red Devil,

Thank you for the offer to go check it out on my behalf.
I actually sent the sales department an email yesterday, but have yet to hear back from them. I was planning to drive there on Sunday and check it out. From the pics it looks more fly yellow than speed yellow. It looks great from the pics and it is a low mileage example, but yes, I do need to see it in person. They are asking 78.5k for it. But I would never pay that price in this market... 72k tops.

Ronnie
203-984-0567

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Used 01 TT at Bentley Long Island... need help