996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Garage pictures ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 08:10 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Compared to David, I am ashamed to post mine, but here it is.....

Old 10-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Ken,

Your garage is real nice. You can easily make it look increadible.

All you need top do is to paint the walls and get a floor down. You have the awesome lift. I wish I could have a lift like that but the ceiling is too low in my garage. I'd love to be able to store another car.

Old 10-10-2003, 08:14 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
David,
I forwarded to my builder your site along with some other Ideas Thanks for the tips!
Give me about a year (break ground soon on new house)

Old 10-10-2003, 08:15 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
RDH,

I can't wait to see it!!

Old 10-10-2003, 08:23 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Me to Dave
Hey Sloth, do I see some carpet cushioning each wheel under that yellow beauty

Old 10-10-2003, 08:30 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
David,
I just read your garage writeup. Fabulous!!
I realize the floor and wall piant will make it look nicer but I still have to contend with two single garage doors and the lally column in the middle (damn builder!!). I have considered reinforcing the beam to allow it to span the whole distance but it is a lot of work. I can certainly design it, I am a structural engineer. I have a compressor in my woodshop in the basement and I guess I could run a feed to the garage. Where is your compressor?
The home depot tile idea is fantastic. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have industrial grade 24"x24" tiles?? Do you need to do anyhting more the the conrete other than a pressure wash?
You do your own wheel balancing?

OT......
I don't remember if I asked you (I talk to too many people on a daily basis ), are you considering going to our Tail of the Dragon meet? It would be great if you could make it because I would love to talk to you in person about your garage as well as many other things I'm sure!!

Oh, and by the way, you get my vote for best garage!!!

Sloth,
I was wondering about that tire padding as well. What is it?

Last edited by KPV; 10-10-2003 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:41 PM
Ken,

The tiles are actually 12x12 and they are setup as 24x24.

Sure you have the pillar in the middle of the garage but you can still make a sweet looking set up.

My compressor is in the storage closet on the left of the garage.

All you need to do is blow out the dirt on the garage before laying the floor. the prep is very simple.

i won't be able to attend the tail of the dragon, sorry.

Old 10-10-2003, 08:42 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
jcramair where art thou??? I know he has a nice garage!! So does John D II from Rennlist...

Old 10-10-2003, 08:48 PM
scott is infamous around these parts
David,
Your garage is great! I am also building. Will have a seperate 3 car garage for me and would love to do that floor. What kind of maintenance does it require? Do you have to buff and polish it?

Old 10-10-2003, 08:58 PM
RDH
Ken, your garage does have some great potential. You've got some tall ceilings also.... How did you handle your garage door??
Clearance

Old 10-10-2003, 09:02 PM
KPV
RDH,
The garage door on the lift side had to be retrofitted with tall tracks and a torsion spring. The opener is actiually mounted on the wall to the side of the door!! Very slick. You can barely see the vertically oriented opener track on the left through the lift if you look closely. You can only do that with a torsion spring setup I am told. Here is one more pic:

Last edited by KPV; 10-10-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:14 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I am in NY right now, but I have some good gargage pics for ya when I get back, not a nice garage, but the cars make up for it .
Evan

Old 10-10-2003, 09:15 PM
KPV
OT:
Hey Evan,
Drive out to Pocono Raceway tomorrow. I will be there all day.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:17 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by KPV
OT:
Hey Evan,
Drive out to Pocono Raceway tomorrow. I will be there all day.
Ken I would have to leave now to get there by tomorrow . Pocono is 6 hours from me ( I am in Albany...)
Evan

Old 10-10-2003, 09:19 PM
KPV
Oh. I thought it was NYC. Sorry guys for the OT posts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage pictures ...