996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Exhaust Dilemma!! Techart/Fabspeed/GHL??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 08:24 AM
jayster is infamous around these parts
Ditto. Dood!

Old 07-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Best exhaust

I just read this thread. Did I read "Jap it."
Andre

Old 07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AWD
WOW! I can't believe so many of you are running the Fabspeed exhaust on your cars! You clearly have not done any research, and have never heard the other [better] exhausts' out there. The price seems to be the most competitive with the Fabspeed system, but you get what you pay for. Everyone I know who had the Fabspeed exhaust, removed it for a better exhaust, sold it used, or are still struggling to sell it used.

I have been working with 996tt's since their inception in 2000. Of all the exhausts I have heard (well over 15 different exhaust companies), Fabspeed is by far the worst sound. I have removed several Fabspeed exhaust from customer cars due to some complaints I was hearing..... The complaints I kept hearing:
1) "It sounds terrible" (The biggest drone on the market)
2) "Its rattling."
3) "Its broken"

Two of the Fabspeed systems that I removed had cracks on the welds. Basically, the Fabspeed systems looked like (2) glasspacks welded together, then polished to a mirror shine so they look pretty.

The exhaust' which I prefer:
1) Cargraphic Super Sound (The Best sound)
2) Europipe Loud (Still too quiet for me)
3) Gemballa (Basically very similar to Cargraphic)
4) Burns 3" Craig Special
5) FVD (They used to be identical to Cargraphic, not sure about now)

I have not had the pleasure of hearing the AWE exhaust, but from the looks of it, alot of R&D went into the design and testing of their exhaust. Kreiisieg is just a plain waste of money.

Hope this helps a bit to the people looking for a good exhaust.
Well, i have no comment, but all of what you are saying is what my shop has experienced with customer's. There are 2 fabspeed exhaust's sitting in the corner of the shop, customers didnt sell them or pick them back up LOL!

AWE is a pretty good exhaust value/power wise, its a nice tone, not aggressive, its very mellow! Perfect exhaust for someone who wants a little deeper/melodic exhaust note but that is civil for driving around, it was way too quiet for my taste!

On another note, im not surprised to see i love my FVD so much, i totally forgot Cargraphic was FVD at one point, and my exhaust is an older model, i love it

Old 07-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Evan333 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Well, i have no comment, but all of what you are saying is what my shop has experienced with customer's. There are 2 fabspeed exhaust's sitting in the corner of the shop, customers didnt sell them or pick them back up LOL!

AWE is a pretty good exhaust value/power wise, its a nice tone, not aggressive, its very mellow! Perfect exhaust for someone who wants a little deeper/melodic exhaust note but that is civil for driving around, it was way too quiet for my taste!

On another note, im not surprised to see i love my FVD so much, i totally forgot Cargraphic was FVD at one point, and my exhaust is an older model, i love it
Yours is NOT the cargraphic model, its an early model all orignal FVD just to let you know Martin Glad you like it!
Evan

Old 07-29-2006, 02:46 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evan@FVD
Yours is NOT the cargraphic model, its an early model all orignal FVD just to let you know Martin Glad you like it!
Evan
I was under the impression that the earlier, not the earliest model's were Cargraphic? Guess not

Old 07-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Evan333 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I was under the impression that the earlier, not the earliest model's were Cargraphic? Guess not
2 Muffler Cans= Pheonix (IE Cargraphic)
1 Single Muffler= FVD
Evan

Old 07-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Evan@FVD
2 Muffler Cans= Pheonix (IE Cargraphic)
1 Single Muffler= FVD
Evan
Ohh ok cool man, thanks for clearing that up! BTW thanks for answering my IM's

Old 07-29-2006, 05:10 PM
charleysung is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all your inputs.

My problem is finally solved. I chose to go with the AWE exhaust, and it is perfect!!

It passes the Goldilocks test - it's not too loud, it's not too quiet, it's just right. There is no droning, and it has a nice rich sound. I highly recommend it to anyone. What a difference from the tin can sound of the GHL exhaust.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by charleysung

My problem is finally solved. I chose to go with the AWE exhaust, and it is perfect!!

It passes the Goldilocks test - it's not too loud, it's not too quiet, it's just right. There is no droning, and it has a nice rich sound. I highly recommend it to anyone. What a difference from the tin can sound of the GHL exhaust.
Congrats, like i said, its a great exhaust in that it does everything well (Gains, Sound, Not too loud)

Old 12-30-2006, 12:10 AM
DEANWYSOCKI is infamous around these parts
milltek 100 cell installed.. but too loud for me....

Originally Posted by charleysung

====

did you hear the milltek, its drone'y in my opinion. just got it installed, but maybe i am too used to stock sound. i guess i like the sound of the engine more then the exhaust. i am looking for a used awe to try. sounds like you guys like it...

dean

goal = 600hp, not 600db ; >

=========