996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Spent a little time @ Ruf today (RT12 Pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:55 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Everything looks good...except that paint.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Love the paint!! and the performance #'s!!

Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I need to get up to RUF....havent been even though we moved to N. TX almost a year ago...

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
That is perfection.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:53 PM
TTM0TION is infamous around these parts
The paint is just amazingggggg. Does anyone know the technical name for it? What company makes it?

Old 07-27-2006, 06:51 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
perfect car.
thanks for sharing.

MK

Old 07-27-2006, 08:48 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by F**K
i *just* saw a red (maybe orange?) rt12 parked in front of a restaurant in south miami. looks great in person.

how much do these things run?
From Road and Track:

"The second part that stood out was the devastating acceleration of the Ruf; this thing pulls harder from 180 mph than most cars do from 55! And with its monster torque of 642 lb.-ft. , we recorded our best acceleration run ever: 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds with the quarter mile flying by in just 11.0 at 133.9 mph. Yes, Virginia, that's quicker than a Ferrari Enzo, Porsche Carrera GT and any Lamborghini. But even more incredible is that R&T Assistant Road Test Editor Shaun Bailey achieved a 3.3 sec. 0-60 on his first run, having never driven the car in anger before hopping in at the test track.
Yet the Rt 12 is completely flexible in around-town situations, trundling at 30 mph through towns in 6th with no stumbling from the 3.8-liter twin-turbo flat-6. The rear-drive Ruf Rt 12 (awd is optional) starts at about $234,100 with a 3.6-liter 530-bhp engine. That includes Ruf's completely non-bling 19-in. wheels, brakes, body kit and rear wing. The customer car we tested with the 650-bhp engine would be closer to $287,000 for a U.S. version."

For about $100,000.00 less you could have a 996 turbo with 700 plus hp that would run with this RUF. I love these cars but they just seem to be priced to high.

Just my opinion of course, if anyone has an RT 12 it would be fun to run my GT700 against it for comparison.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Buddy you are correct but you get a built car backed by RUF and that is worth alot of $ in itself rather then doing all the mods yourself piece mail so to speak. I bet many people on this board who have modded there cars and then done upgrades time and time again have alot more $ into there turbos then the RT12 costs

Even so all these cars are wonderful the RUF is just perfection

Originally Posted by buddyg
From Road and Track:

"The second part that stood out was the devastating acceleration of the Ruf; this thing pulls harder from 180 mph than most cars do from 55! And with its monster torque of 642 lb.-ft. , we recorded our best acceleration run ever: 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds with the quarter mile flying by in just 11.0 at 133.9 mph. Yes, Virginia, that's quicker than a Ferrari Enzo, Porsche Carrera GT and any Lamborghini. But even more incredible is that R&T Assistant Road Test Editor Shaun Bailey achieved a 3.3 sec. 0-60 on his first run, having never driven the car in anger before hopping in at the test track.
Yet the Rt 12 is completely flexible in around-town situations, trundling at 30 mph through towns in 6th with no stumbling from the 3.8-liter twin-turbo flat-6. The rear-drive Ruf Rt 12 (awd is optional) starts at about $234,100 with a 3.6-liter 530-bhp engine. That includes Ruf's completely non-bling 19-in. wheels, brakes, body kit and rear wing. The customer car we tested with the 650-bhp engine would be closer to $287,000 for a U.S. version."

For about $100,000.00 less you could have a 996 turbo with 700 plus hp that would run with this RUF. I love these cars but they just seem to be priced to high.

Just my opinion of course, if anyone has an RT 12 it would be fun to run my GT700 against it for comparison.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:52 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
not really feelin the RT12...call me crazy. Then again...im getting bored of the TT...anyone wanna buy mine. LOL!

Old 07-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg

Exactly. The RT12 is literally my dream car. But it's also WAY out my price range. If I could afford one, I'd own one. But I can't.

I don't feel so bad though, since my car (plus all mods) cost over $150k less but is still as fast or faster than a RT12 is....so I'm not complaining.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone have a "rough" (misprounced pun intended) idea of the price for the Rt12 bodykit...? I checked the site again today.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Hot RT12 Color

Dam, I could be interested in sending my 2000 Ruf to Dallas for a respray in that special silver color. Anybody know what it is called? Dam,I think that might be a great thing to do over the winter.

Cheers

R

Old 07-28-2006, 12:13 AM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ruf-Racer
Dam, I could be interested in sending my 2000 Ruf to Dallas for a respray in that special silver color. Anybody know what it is called? Dam,I think that might be a great thing to do over the winter.

Cheers

R
I'm pretty sure it was painted in Germany before the boat ride over to the U.S.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I spoke w/Hans @ RAC yesterday and they do have a full paint shop there. I'm sure they could re-do that color. I have a feeling my S is going to be there in the not-too-distant future for the Rt12 kit and Kompressor.

Old 07-30-2006, 12:26 AM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I spoke w/Hans @ RAC yesterday and they do have a full paint shop there. I'm sure they could re-do that color. I have a feeling my S is going to be there in the not-too-distant future for the Rt12 kit and Kompressor.
I rode in Han's 997 RKompressor w/ RT12 Body kit. Looked great and was a huge improvement in acceleration over a standard 997.
I would recommend the setup to anyone in a non-turbo car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spent a little time @ Ruf today (RT12 Pics)