996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT 700 vs. DA M5 **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Wow, great vid!

Correct me on this if I'm wrong, but didn't your car grenade shortly after you bought it from the po? Maybe I'm thinking about someone else?

Old 07-31-2006, 10:18 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
WOW that's insane!!!!
I love the whistle of Porsche's turbos...magnificent

Old 07-31-2006, 12:24 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
WOW - that M5 is QUICK!!!!! I would have expected that Gt700 to be a bit faster. The mighty GT700 looks to have some serious competition until about 125ish..... mmm........

Good race to both of you! Good video!

Old 07-31-2006, 12:40 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Awesome vid...I'm pretty familiar w/ that M5 (through the boards) and I'm glad to see it running so good! Being able to hang w/ a GT700 is legit!! I'm sure Philly could creep on just about anything he wants

Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Divixx...
Yes.. the intercooler sprayer was active.

deputydog...
Yup, some money was spent... its not as bad as you would think though....
considering.

jamie..
The motor was rebuilt... after put back together it was showing signs of the same problem... come to find out, it was a stock leaky injector in cylinder #2... so all is good.. but we had already detuned it...thinking it was too high strung... So far 4,500 miles since the rebuild... not a single issue.. so I might put the original crank pulley back on and get my 2 lbs of boost back.

pilone...
Buddys car sounds insane... when he passed me at 165.. his mufflers where glowing.. it was raw looking. We have it on film from the guy filming in my car. Hopefully I can get a copy and post it.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:43 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phillym5
Divixx...
Yes.. the intercooler sprayer was active.

deputydog...
Yup, some money was spent... its not as bad as you would think though....
considering.

jamie..
The motor was rebuilt... after put back together it was showing signs of the same problem... come to find out, it was a stock leaky injector in cylinder #2... so all is good.. but we had already detuned it...thinking it was too high strung... So far 4,500 miles since the rebuild... not a single issue.. so I might put the original crank pulley back on and get my 2 lbs of boost back.

pilone...
Buddys car sounds insane... when he passed me at 165.. his mufflers where glowing.. it was raw looking. We have it on film from the guy filming in my car. Hopefully I can get a copy and post it.
how many pounds of boost are you running now?

Old 07-31-2006, 12:45 PM
scotty slc is infamous around these parts
Yo Josh what's up..... Shoot me some pics of your M3 if you get a chance... Your M5 is on crack, looks like it is running real well....

Great Video!

Old 07-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
does anyone know the Cd of the porsche and the E39, i think this would be an interesting number to know. i bet the m5 is much higher therefore the force is much more at higher speeds. It is crazy to think that the M5 is a family sedan, no offence intended.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:57 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deputydog95
how many pounds of boost are you running now?
12 lbs.

Scotty....
The M3 is the exact same as when I bought it from you. I haven't changed a thing. Although VAC motorsports in Philly has a sweet race motor for it. Hmmmmm.

crazy1323
The fact that it is a family car is why I love it so much.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:02 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
gees dude... 12psi? they must have substantially lowered your compression. i'm running a measely 5psi on my 996.

is it a centrigual blower? how much of that 12psi do you see before redline? i barely get 5psi as i'm shifting at redline.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:09 PM
i went to DA's site to read more about your project. $60K. holy smokes....
are you really making 1000hp? i assume you have the same package as it looks like you cut and pasted your mods list right off the site. actually, i'm sure the site is just talking about your car

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/...Products&id=72

Old 07-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
i went to DA's site to read more about your project. $60K. holy smokes....
are you really making 1000hp? i assume you have the same package as it looks like you cut and pasted your mods list right off the site. actually, i'm sure the site is just talking about your car

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/...Products&id=72
Yes.. thats mine.
It originally is designed for 1000rwhp.. but at 20lbs of boost there was crazy amounts of belt slippage. There isn't enough room in there for a cog set up. So it got detuned down to 14psi... and it ran great... then I had the injector problem.. so on the rebuild we detuned it a little more.. not knowing about the injector. After it was completely done.. we found the injector that caused everything. But i just left it at 12psi. It should be extremely safe where its at. It originally had a 8800 redline.. and is built to withstand 22psi. The current redline is 7250.

Here is a thread showing the dyno pull.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...highlight=dyno

Old 07-31-2006, 03:10 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Josh, nice video man! Honest to god, i never thought the M5 was that quick, from other video pulls and so on, im pretty impressed, although the 165 seemed to come around a little longer then expected, maybe im crazy. OOPS, just realized that was Buddy G, ahh awesome run!

Last edited by iLLM3; 07-31-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Josh, nice video man! Honest to god, i never thought the M5 was that quick, from other video pulls and so on, im pretty impressed, although the 165 seemed to come around a little longer then expected, maybe im crazy. OOPS, just realized that was Buddy G, ahh awesome run!
Thanks Ill.
I tried telling you.
Last year it was even faster. Now this year I got the belt slippage thing solved... She's good to go. The only time it slipped on this run was top of 3rd... you can hear it. But it was pretty minimal considering the rest of the gears showed Buddy's Porsche's power. I don't think it would've made any difference... 4th, 5th, and 6th were holding pretty good.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:29 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phillym5
Thanks Ill.
I tried telling you.
Last year it was even faster. Now this year I got the belt slippage thing solved... She's good to go. The only time it slipped on this run was top of 3rd... you can hear it. But it was pretty minimal considering the rest of the gears showed Buddy's Porsche's power. I don't think it would've made any difference... 4th, 5th, and 6th were holding pretty good.
Yea i heard it at the top of forgot which gear, probably like you said! Well cool stuff man, wished you were still in Philly

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT 700 vs. DA M5 **VIDEO**