996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT 700 vs. DA M5 **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:38 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Can you get us some nice speedo vids?

Old 07-31-2006, 05:10 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SCM3
Can you get us some nice speedo vids?
Im not going through that BS again.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:42 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by phillym5
Im not going through that BS again.
What BS, i gave you props. Since you guys have the capability of filming, i think a request for a speedo video is cool. Whats so hard about that?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:42 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SCM3
What BS, i gave you props. Since you guys have the capability of filming, i think a request for a speedo video is cool. Whats so hard about that?
It leads to too much drama.. "Its this, its that"... if im going to post another acceleration time.. it going to be with the AX22. I don't have one... so no speedo videos.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:48 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Now that's some sick M5. I have never seen a luxury sedan that can hang with a GT700 like that...How much your car weigh?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
It leads to too much drama.. "Its this, its that"... if im going to post another acceleration time.. it going to be with the AX22. I don't have one... so no speedo videos.

Best thing to do Josh, in all seriousness....take it to the track. Slap a set of drag radials on cheap wheels and hit the dragstrip.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Best thing to do Josh, in all seriousness....take it to the track. Slap a set of drag radials on cheap wheels and hit the dragstrip.
Nah... Im not drag racing it. It is the single handed most devistating thing you can do to your car. I run it on the highway.. and thats it. I understand this thing about dyno vs. drag strip... but to me it doesn't matter. A fast car is a fast car.. regardless of what it runs at the drag strip. If I want a drag car.. I'll build one. This car isn't built for that.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Now that's some sick M5. I have never seen a luxury sedan that can hang with a GT700 like that...How much your car weigh?
His is one of two M5's like that in the world. The other is owned by the Prince of Bahrain.

I actually don't think any of the fastest Mercs out there (modded E55's, CL65's, etc..) would hang with this M5. The fastest Merc sedan I've seen to date was a fully-modded E55 with NOS that trapped 131.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Nah... Im not drag racing it. It is the single handed most devistating thing you can do to your car.
Not at all. Take off like you would at a stop light, nice and easy...then punch it through the gears like you probably do every day right now. It'll give you an accurate trap speed which is the best dyno you can have.

No one will care about your E.T., and it won't be any harder on your car than those freeway runs you did against Buddy.

You don't need a hard launch to get an accurate trap. I used to be able to get the same trap speed in old M3 (117) by starting out in 2nd as I would get in 1st. I was literally crawling off the line.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-31-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Not at all. Take off like you would at a stop light, nice and easy...then punch it throug the gears like you do probably do every day right now. It'll giver you a trap speed which is the best dyno you can have.

No one will care about your E.T., and it won't be any harder on your car than those freeway runs you did against Buddy.
Thats the excact thing I did last year when second gear hooked and snapped the driveshaft(built by Koala) and the airbag control module sits under the arm rest.... blew out 6 airbags and caused 14k in damage. Luckily I was "really" on the road and ran some **** over and insurance covered it.

Atleast on the street when the tires want to break loose.. its no problem..

Old 07-31-2006, 11:45 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Thats the excact thing I did last year when second gear hooked and snapped the driveshaft(built by Koala) and the airbag control module sits under the arm rest.... blew out 6 airbags and caused 14k in damage. Luckily I was "really" on the road and ran some **** over and insurance covered it.

Atleast on the street when the tires want to break loose.. its no problem..
wow thats insane! Would have scared the **** out of me! anyways sweet M5...that thing hauls major azz!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Im not here to start anything. The video is nice and your car is fast. I would just love to see a speedo video, i can at least compare it to other BMW's. You have a vid handy now, so whats the issue? Im sure you already shot a speedo video but choose not to publicize it.

Also its a problem if you cant run your car at a track. i cant believe im hearing its safer to run on the street b/c you lose traction. Thats lame.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:40 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I cannot view video, but I remember this awesome M5...
outstanding guys!!!!

Way to rep Buddy,
congrats to both of you for braving some fun.
Marty

Old 08-01-2006, 11:17 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
There really is no need to run it on the dragstrip. We have many GT700's that have run mid to high 10's and based on how well Josh was hanging with me his car should be a high 10 in the quarter mile.

I know after what he went through the last time at the strip I wouldn't take my car back!

Old 08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by buddyg
There really is no need to run it on the dragstrip. We have many GT700's that have run mid to high 10's and based on how well Josh was hanging with me his car should be a high 10 in the quarter mile.

I know after what he went through the last time at the strip I wouldn't take my car back!
You said you were on your "pump gas" program during the race, and you also started out of boost in 3rd. Knowing that, I seriously doubt he would run high 10's. But his car is *very quick*....that's for damn sure.

P.S. - What other GT700's have run 10's other than Joetwint and cgmeredithjr's GT2?

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-01-2006 at 12:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT 700 vs. DA M5 **VIDEO**