996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good price for a GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:09 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
The one is Scottsdale has issues, check the CARFAX and ask the dealership. You're the one that's going to get ripped off.
Carfax states that the car was in a Flood Region. This does not mean it was actually flooded. Dealership said it was CLEAN. Obviosley a PPI would need to be done to determine if thats true or not.....

I just found another 2003 in CA with 12K miles for 116K. Just trying to point out that deals are out there, how bad do you wanna look?

Old 08-04-2006, 07:10 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AzExoticLover
Carfax states that the car was in a Flood Region. This does not mean it was actually flooded. Dealership said it was CLEAN. Obviosley a PPI would need to be done to determine if thats true or not.....

I just found another 2003 in CA with 12K miles for 116K. Just trying to point out that deals are out there, how bad do you wanna look?
I saw the one at Ferrari and it looked pretty clean.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:14 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
I saw the one at Ferrari and it looked pretty clean.
I agree, It looks good in the pics. Who knows if it has been flood damaged or anything, thats why PPI's exsist. I also dont think that Az's only Ferrari Dealership is going to sell something like a Flood Damaged car without stating it upfront - to much to loose for them!

Again, I am not attacking the GT2 and its Value, just trying to point out that you do not have to pay 130K+++ like some around here think for a GT2.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:23 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute

I own a 2, I don't have to look. But I did look for about 6 months before I bought mine. You obviously didn't know the history of the 2 in Scottsdale. It's been for sale for a long time, makes you wonder. You obviously don't know the history of the 2 in California either after just a phone call. I'm just pointing out that it's not as easy as it seems to find a very clean to pristine Gt2 with low miles (under 5 to 10k) period. Much less for under 120. Not impossible, nothing is, just difficult. I got mine, 4900 miles, mint, for 118k. I flew down and looked at personally and had a Porsche shop give it a PPI seal of approval before finalizing the deal. Best of luck.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, It looks good in the pics. Who knows if it has been flood damaged or anything, thats why PPI's exsist. I also dont think that Az's only Ferrari Dealership is going to sell something like a Flood Damaged car without stating it upfront - to much to loose for them!

Again, I am not attacking the GT2 and its Value, just trying to point out that you do not have to pay 130K+++ like some around here think for a GT2.
The reason that that car is so low is that it's blue, according to my friend in sales at Porsche, blue is a very poor reasle color for GT2s. It seems that the best colors are black, silver and seal grey, with yellow and red not far behind. They just sold a silver one with more miles for $140

Old 08-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I own a 2, I don't have to look. But I did look for about 6 months before I bought mine. You obviously didn't know the history of the 2 in Scottsdale. It's been for sale for a long time, makes you wonder. You obviously don't know the history of the 2 in California either after just a phone call. I'm just pointing out that it's not as easy as it seems to find a very clean to pristine Gt2 with low miles (under 5 to 10k) period. Much less for under 120. Not impossible, nothing is, just difficult. I got mine, 4900 miles, mint, for 118k. I flew down and looked at personally and had a Porsche shop give it a PPI seal of approval before finalizing the deal. Best of luck.
I agree 100%! My point is that there deals are out there and yes, neither you or I know the issues on the 1 here in Az or the 1 in Ca. Congrats for picking one up for 118K, thats a VERY GOOD deal for one with 4900 miles......

Actually, I am not looking for a GT2 - but just wanted to give my personal oppion on price.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:29 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed! with a total production number of 300, the cars are few and far between. Just making a phone call to somebody who wants to off their car badly, doesn't mean anything. The cars selling for under 120k are not the norm

Old 08-04-2006, 07:39 PM
I agree that it takes more than just a phone call, BUT it proves that you dont have to get raped either to drive a GT2 (140k)! My point is: why take it in the A@$ from a random dealer without first searching Hi and Low for the right deal (120K). You can find this car from around 120K +or- if you look hard enough! Take your time and get the right car for the right price!

But again, if the perfect car for your tastes is higher in price, then buy it! When buying cars like this or other exotics, a few extra grand should not be everything you care about if the the car is everything you want! Case and Point - My Lambo. I paid about 5k to much in my opinion comapred to stock Lambos, but it had 10K in wheels and 3k in exhuast. It was exactly what I wanted and I did not care about paying 5k to much.

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 08-04-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:44 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that it takes more than just a phone call, BUT it proves that you dont have to get raped either to drive a GT2 (140k)! My point is: why take it in the A@$ from a random dealer without first searching Hi and Low for the right deal (120K). You can find this car from around 120K +or- if you look hard enough! Take your time and get the right car for the right price!

But again, if the perfect car for your tastes is higher in price, then buy it! When buying cars like this or other exotics, a few extra grand should not be everything you care about if the the car is everything you want! Case and Point - My Lambo. I paid about 5k to much in my opinion comapred to stock Lambos, but it had 10K in wheels and 3k in exhuast. It was exactly what I wanted and I did not care about paying 5k to much.
I bet you didn't cut any corners when you bought that Lambo.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:24 PM
no way or at least I hope not

Old 08-04-2006, 09:52 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
I just bought an 02' GT2 arctic silver/black with carbon st. wheel,shifter,e-brake, and full leather package with 16,800 miles for $102k delivered from Ohio to NJ. I had a PPI done at a nearby dealer and everything checked out with a full service history and one owner according to dealer,carfax, and porsche service history. The car is immaculate, just a few chips on bumper but with the mileage it was expected. Just wanted to share my experience to show there are good deals out there

Raudel

Old 08-04-2006, 09:53 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
I just bought an 02' GT2 arctic silver/black with carbon st. wheel,shifter,e-brake, and full leather package with 16,800 miles for $102k delivered from Ohio to NJ. I had a PPI done at a nearby dealer and everything checked out with a full service history and one owner according to dealer,carfax, and porsche service history. The car is immaculate, just a few chips on bumper but with the mileage it was expected. Just wanted to share my experience to show there are good deals out there

Raudel

Old 08-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by RCNJ

Raudel
Good buy! Thats an insane price - good job on doing your homework and research!

Old 08-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Great buy indeed Raudel! Would love to see some pics of the specimen.

Here is an 02 w/ 19,700 miles. Asking $114,500.

http://rpmsportscars.com/door6.htm

Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
03 w/ 9K miles. $149,995

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...n&cardist=2456

03 w/ 12,754 miles. $120,900. This car was listed in the Classifieds section a while back by it's owner. It could be on consignment at Carlsen Porsche.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...n&cardist=2579

02 w/ 3200 miles. $115,999. This car was also listed in the Classifieds a while back by its owner. This car has been driven hard though. Read the ad.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...n&cardist=2447

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good price for a GT2?