996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good price for a GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
I turned down over $125K for my car a few months ago from a good friend who sold me the car in the first place.

Unless I can get a smoking deal on a black on black '04 or '05 with less than 1000 miles... my car ain't for sale. What the hell would I replace it with for the money? And what would I do with all my beautiful Porsche Motorsport parts???

If you have a pristine GT2 either new or you know its history, smart move is to keep it. 9 out of 10 owners I know who have sold their GT2s to move on to Stradales, 430s, Gallardos, etc. miss it dearly and long for another GT2.... Problem is that they have a hard time finding a super clean one with a known history or less than 1000 miles... like how the market was a couple of years ago. Funny how that works. GT2s are finally making their ways into owners garages who plan to keep them long term/indefinitely. It's simply the best 911 ever made, save for maybe the GT3-RS or the 993 GT2.

Last edited by Hamann7; 08-05-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Unless I can get a smoking deal on a black on black '04 or '05 with less than 1000 miles...
Would be close to impossible.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:46 AM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hamann7
" GT2s are finally making their ways into owners garages who plan to keep them long term/indefinitely."
Well said..spec order my 03 and never thought of selling it.
I wanted some thing different- meridian, silver stock wheels, sliver dials black stiching /sport seats..all stock

Old 08-05-2006, 01:07 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
I posted an 03 Artic Silver GT2 with 9500 miles here on 6speed a few months ago. Car was perfect, never tracked, California Car, solid owner that I know personally (other members know him as well) and he sold it for 115K.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:16 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Another interesting aspect of pricing a GT2, besides the history is what has been done to it. Would my 2003 Seal Grey car be overpriced at $135K with 7,500 miles?

What if it had Europipe, Baily DV's, GIAC controller, carbon mirrors, wing, 996 Cup brakes, 2004 GT2 wheels, GMG roll bar, Moton Club Sports, full leather, small alum package, aluminium gauges, clear side markers, clear bra, original factory warranty until 4/15/08 (in service 4/15/04)? Then would it be overpriced?

My car's MSRP was $194K and has another $30K in it, plus the time and expense to set up the suspension correctly etc. There is a lot of value in the time spent getting the car to this level. If you simply want a low mile car, stock at a low price and the fun of doing all that stuff, then start looking, but when you are all done you will have a lot more in it then finding a good example, with low miles, good history and done right.

You get what you pay for. I am with Hamann7 - unless I can find an 05 I am sticking with what I got. I had an 05 offered to me that has the license plate, 1 of 7 and he was told it was the 7th '05 and the last GT2 built for the USA. MSRP of $201K, stock, GT Silver and he wanted $200K. I could not see adding $65K to my GT2 budget. However I told him at $155K that thing in in my garage tommorrow, my phone has not rung yet!

Good luck looking for a car. And as said here before you will not regret buying a GT2, it is an incredible car.

JCM

Old 08-05-2006, 06:41 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by supercup
Another interesting aspect of pricing a GT2, besides the history is what has been done to it. Would my 2003 Seal Grey car be overpriced at $135K with 7,500 miles?

What if it had Europipe, Baily DV's, GIAC controller, carbon mirrors, wing, 996 Cup brakes, 2004 GT2 wheels, GMG roll bar, Moton Club Sports, full leather, small alum package, aluminium gauges, clear side markers, clear bra, original factory warranty until 4/15/08 (in service 4/15/04)? Then would it be overpriced?

My car's MSRP was $194K and has another $30K in it, plus the time and expense to set up the suspension correctly etc. There is a lot of value in the time spent getting the car to this level. If you simply want a low mile car, stock at a low price and the fun of doing all that stuff, then start looking, but when you are all done you will have a lot more in it then finding a good example, with low miles, good history and done right.

You get what you pay for. I am with Hamann7 - unless I can find an 05 I am sticking with what I got. I had an 05 offered to me that has the license plate, 1 of 7 and he was told it was the 7th '05 and the last GT2 built for the USA. MSRP of $201K, stock, GT Silver and he wanted $200K. I could not see adding $65K to my GT2 budget. However I told him at $155K that thing in in my garage tommorrow, my phone has not rung yet!

Good luck looking for a car. And as said here before you will not regret buying a GT2, it is an incredible car.

JCM
How about this '04? Pretty sweet.

http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door35.htm

Old 08-05-2006, 07:43 AM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Phoenix,

Don't know how to post pics on here.

Raudel

Old 08-05-2006, 10:11 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TUUNER
I posted an 03 Artic Silver GT2 with 9500 miles here on 6speed a few months ago. Car was perfect, never tracked, California Car, solid owner that I know personally (other members know him as well) and he sold it for 115K.

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 08-05-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Michael 996TT is infamous around these parts
So the 2003 w/ TechArt mods I talked about earlier is right in there at about $130K - not bad - I know the mechanic of the owner and he has taken care of the car - divorce forces sale - so if anyone is interested, I'll get you the contact info - no money for me, just trying to make someone's garage happy !!!

Old 08-05-2006, 11:56 AM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
So the 2003 w/ TechArt mods I talked about earlier is right in there at about $130K - not bad - I know the mechanic of the owner and he has taken care of the car - divorce forces sale - so if anyone is interested, I'll get you the contact info - no money for me, just trying to make someone's garage happy !!!
Is that the yellow one in Vegas?

I called about the Blue one in Scottsdale yesterday. The factory warranty runs out in Jan 07, the same time my TT runs out. They cannot certify the car since they are not a dealer. I want one with the Porsche cert warranty for sure.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:00 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE
Is that the yellow one in Vegas?

I called about the Blue one in Scottsdale yesterday. The factory warranty runs out in Jan 07, the same time my TT runs out. They cannot certify the car since they are not a dealer. I want one with the Porsche cert warranty for sure.
I would be a little wary, as that same chain owns a Porsche dealership that is in the same city, they swap cars in and out from each other all of the time.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:09 PM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I would be a little wary, as that same chain owns a Porsche dealership that is in the same city, they swap cars in and out from each other all of the time.
I was. That car isn't a candidate without a long term warranty. I just called about the Red one 9eleven posted http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door35.htm

Really clean car. He doesn't want to trade for mine, but I'm going to check into it more. It has warranty until 08.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:07 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I was. That car isn't a candidate without a long term warranty. I just called about the Red one 9eleven posted http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door35.htm

Really clean car. He doesn't want to trade for mine, but I'm going to check into it more. It has warranty until 08.
If the Ferrari dealership is owned by the same people that own the Porsche dealer, couldn't they figure out a way to CPO it?

Old 08-05-2006, 02:22 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute

That is the only '04 that I am aware of that's for sale in the U.S. Good luck, that is one bad *** 2. I think it was owned by a forum member that bought an '05.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:25 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts

very nice car! Only 300 miles, thats insane! Its brand new......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good price for a GT2?