996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good price for a GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 03:02 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE
I was. That car isn't a candidate without a long term warranty. I just called about the Red one 9eleven posted http://www.rpmsportscars.com/door35.htm

Really clean car. He doesn't want to trade for mine, but I'm going to check into it more. It has warranty until 08.

It doesn't get any better that red 04. Everyone wants it but noone wants to pay the premium. It doesn't have full CF though.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:00 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
The 2004 at RPM is from a member of another forumn. He lives in Las Vegas. He had a 2002, then 2003, then the 2004, then found he could get one of the few 2005's so he did. He is both a driver and a collecter. He felt the 2005 was most collectable, however I see from his website he has now sold it as well with only 29 miles on it! That car was Silver. RPM bought the red car from him about a year ago.

Here is his website with lots of pictures of the car and there are some interesting facts in his write up about the 2004's and 2005's have different engine internals:

http://www.lasvegasclassiccars.com/

JCM

Last edited by supercup; 08-06-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by supercup
The 2004 at RPM is from a member of another forumn. He lives in Las Vegas. He had a 2002, then 2003, then the 2004, then found he could get one of the few 2005's so he did. He is both a driver and a collecter. He felt the 2005 was most collectable, however I see from his website he has now sold it as well with only 29 miles on it! That car was Silver. RPM bought the red car from him about a year ago.

Here is his website with lots of pictures of the car and there are some interesting facts in his write up about the 2004's and 2005's have different engine internals:

http://www.lasvegasclassiccars.com/

JCM
supercup,

Les definitely sold his 05?

The website lists it for sale. It does not say it was sold.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:58 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Phoenix
supercup,

Les definitely sold his 05?

The website lists it for sale. It does not say it was sold.
Website indicates both are sold.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jamie
Website indicates both are sold.
Thanks Jaime. Just saw it.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
Ita always the same. I am in the car business so I know. If its the right color, loaded, right miles it will bring more. Usally you get the "deal" on the car thats not the "1". I agree with a previous responce, if you like it buy it, a few K 1 way or the other isn't going to make a difference.
JB

Old 08-08-2006, 10:12 AM
acw
acw is infamous around these parts
I don't want to spam this thread but mine is available (see sig below).
I did research prices and believe that an 03 with miles should move between 110 and 120. What do you guys think?

AW

Old 08-08-2006, 11:09 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
ACW,

I think your car is fairly priced. Good luck with your sale.

JCM

Old 08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
If the Ferrari dealership is owned by the same people that own the Porsche dealer, couldn't they figure out a way to CPO it?
I asked the same thing. That's kinda when I started thinking the deal was fishy. They stated they own the Porsche dealer, but they can't certify the car because if it not techinically being sold through the dealership. I spoke with a guy named Stan.

I am having a dilemma after thinking more about it over the weekend. If I were to pursue the red 04, wouldn't it be more feasible to just order a new 997 TT? I know it's not a GT2, but the performance speaks for itself and would be brand new. Even a new 997 GT3 RS would be pretty neat, however I would always wish for the Turbo's.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:47 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE
I asked the same thing. That's kinda when I started thinking the deal was fishy. They stated they own the Porsche dealer, but they can't certify the car because if it not techinically being sold through the dealership. I spoke with a guy named Stan.

I am having a dilemma after thinking more about it over the weekend. If I were to pursue the red 04, wouldn't it be more feasible to just order a new 997 TT? I know it's not a GT2, but the performance speaks for itself and would be brand new. Even a new 997 GT3 RS would be pretty neat, however I would always wish for the Turbo's.
Well, man, that's a decision you'll have to make for yourself. GT2 is VERY different from a 997TT.

True: Not an hour ago, I was in my driveway showing a prospective purchaser my F car. A silver 03 GT2 with sports seats, carbon fiber and silver gauges drove up and we chatted for awhile. This is the first time I have seen a GT2 in the flesh and all I can say is 'holy ****'. Looks hot, sounded hot and goes like stink.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:58 PM
john revis is infamous around these parts
Sounds like you need to reevaluate what you're looking for (as we all do). GT2s are far more raw than a 997TT. The suspension is more harsh, though not objectionable. No 4 wheel drive, no sunroof, no PSM, no nav, a little more clutch effort, etc. It's exactly what I wanted, but it's not for all.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:33 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie
Well, man, that's a decision you'll have to make for yourself. GT2 is VERY different from a 997TT.

True: Not an hour ago, I was in my driveway showing a prospective purchaser my F car. A silver 03 GT2 with sports seats, carbon fiber and silver gauges drove up and we chatted for awhile. This is the first time I have seen a GT2 in the flesh and all I can say is 'holy ****'. Looks hot, sounded hot and goes like stink.
Soooo, Is the Gt2 out of the question now?

Old 08-08-2006, 04:38 PM
acw
acw is infamous around these parts
I completely agree. It would be difficult to compare a GT2 with a 997 TT. Both cars deliver a completely different experience. The GT2 is raw, nimble, doesn't have 4wd or traction control. It is very low, and should be driven with finesse.

The 997TT is in my opinion the ultimate luxury Porsche. Extremelly fast and smooth and much easier to drive.

AW

Old 08-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Wannabe
cig1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RCNJ
I just bought an 02' GT2 arctic silver/black with carbon st. wheel,shifter,e-brake, and full leather package with 16,800 miles for $102k delivered from Ohio to NJ. I had a PPI done at a nearby dealer and everything checked out with a full service history and one owner according to dealer,carfax, and porsche service history. The car is immaculate, just a few chips on bumper but with the mileage it was expected. Just wanted to share my experience to show there are good deals out there

Raudel
That was a good buy.

I sold an '02 with 16k miles for $107k .... and it was very clean

G

Old 08-09-2006, 12:00 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cig1
That was a good buy.

I sold an '02 with 16k miles for $107k .... and it was very clean

G
Thats a solid price!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good price for a GT2?