996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite color group for a Porsche?
Arctic Silver
13.54%
Polar Silver
12.50%
Red
7.29%
White
8.33%
Grey
19.79%
Yellow
11.46%
Blue
6.25%
Green
1.04%
Black
13.54%
Black Metallic
6.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Porsche Color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by teutonictrio
Robyn, Shank, and others - I have to say, speed yellow with black interior and deviated stitching is probably my favorite color, but do you (or anyone else with speed yellow, for that matter) feel like it is too 'in your face' in terms of color? Shank, you might have a harder time judging with the garage you have, as people might expect a little 'in your face' from you, but still, help me out here - silver and seal grey are so much more reserved than speed yellow, but it looks SO TRICK!
I was concerned initially, not sure of my shining personality could keep up with such a color. I've outshined it! HA In all seriousness, coming from something so subdued as Arctic Silver to this, I was wary in the decision, so many questions to ask myself. Will I get tired of it? Will I hate it...? But everyday it grows on me more and more.

The car, the color is very much my personality (which I happen to think is important when selecting something one is to drive everyday, or even those weekend warriors amongst us) and I have absolutely no regrets on the choice. No, I don't think it's in my face, but yes, it is definitely in others. My box drew a lot of attention, she wasn't stock by any means and modded to the gils, but it was nothing compared to this car. The yellow is just out there, in your face, look at me. And I can't say that there isn't a tiny part of me that doesn't like it. I'm sick, I know! It's not for everyone, just as a few colors in the Porsche arsenal (like Zanzibar, which I happen to think looks awesome on a widebody!) aren't, but it's unique and I love it. So much so, that I would definitely do the color again in a heart beat!

The only negative thing about the color is that I can no longer fly under the radar and "blend" in with the rest of the cars as I could with AS. This car screams, "give me a ticket and make me like it!".

Old 01-13-2004, 05:53 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
black on black.. just looks mean.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:05 PM
ya mon
soon2Brich is infamous around these parts
friend has a dark blue with gray leather i believe. its beautiful. turbo btw but hell i'll take any color!

Old 01-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to see:

1) Arctice Silver
2) Polar Silver
3) Grey

Side by side.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:16 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
Polar Silver

Old 01-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
my vote: Polar Silver

my favorite: COBALT BLUE - I just love that color. For me, I think that I feel the same way about cobalt as the guys who love speed yellow. Its sort of a primal sense; kinda like this is me.

anyway I voted for polar b/c I own one and I like the fact that to me it seems a bit... I dunno... cleaner? When I bought mine, I could have driven away with arctic (and been equally happy with it), but in retrospect, polar is not as common among Porsches' as it comes as a special paint and I think that the polar seems to distinguish itself better among other carmakers versions of arctic silver.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:22 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Polar Silver matches very well with the Red (tailights, Brembos, etc) & Black (Tinted windows, tires, etc) on most Porsches.

However I saw a pure white GT3 about a week ago and it looked stunning.

Last edited by alamein; 01-13-2004 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
white all the way - I saw a white GT3 also, and it just blew me away. Unfortunately, hard to find, and tinted windows are required, and aerokits recommended...

Old 01-14-2004, 04:33 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Arctic Silver / Black
White / Black

And there is a 3 way tie, the grey family is moving up I see.

Old 01-14-2004, 04:48 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Seal Grey is my choice (see below). RDH's guards red is pretty damned nice too!

Old 01-14-2004, 05:45 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by greyghost
Seal Grey is my choice (see below). RDH's guards red is pretty damned nice too!
Funny how the popularity of Guards Red has really gone down over the years...

Rob's car shows how nice it does look.

Oh, and how nice it is to spot for an officer traveling the other direction with instant on...

Old 01-14-2004, 06:23 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
As a former owner of Artic Silver on my 993 turbo I have to say it is an awesome color. But according to this poll 56.44% of you prefer some shade of Silver or Grey. Seems to be a little to common to me!

Old 01-14-2004, 11:10 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Funny how the popularity of Guards Red has really gone down over the years...

Rob's car shows how nice it does look.

Oh, and how nice it is to spot for an officer traveling the other direction with instant on...
Gary, Guards Red was a popular color for Porsches back in the day when the cars had a good amount of black trim on them and today the cars are all one color with no trim and its just too much Red for most people.

Old 01-14-2004, 12:07 PM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JASCLASS
Gary, Guards Red was a popular color for Porsches back in the day when the cars had a good amount of black trim on them and today the cars are all one color with no trim and its just too much Red for most people.
Very good point Jas.

Old 01-14-2004, 12:53 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
I've "Always" had black cars ...(Quite a few I might add) Red was never in the picture for me "Untill" I saw the interior of The New M5 at the time (Two tone Blk w/ red leather inserts)...I had to have it!! My wife was like "Dont get another black car" so long story short I opted for the M5 in red...Car is/ was beautiful!
TT idis started to rub off on me after 1 year with the M5....Was thinking a Blue or??? Wife was involved and got a customed ordered red one....I was like most of you guys "But" this is one of those you have to see in person to know what I'm talking about... I have a car to "Blend" in with mon- Fri.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Color