996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:36 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
INSANE!!!!

They will break into the 8's with that thing.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
picking up OVER 40 mph in the 2nd half of the track is the MOST impressive part.
That explains that ridiculously fast 60-130 time. The car is relatively slow from a dig, but once rolling it's pretty much unbeatable.

What an absolute monster!

Old 04-28-2009, 02:49 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
The ridiculously fast 60-130 is a function of 2 things...awd traction and power. The car actually is not that slow from a dig and if you think about it, it finishes the 60-130 in the first 1/8th mile. I think where this car would shine would be the 2nd 1/8th......the delta in time b/w the 1/8th and 1/4 is nuts (as is the mph which we've mentioned).
Peter

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
That explains that ridiculously fast 60-130 time. The car is relatively slow from a dig, but once rolling it's pretty much unbeatable.

What an absolute monster!

Old 04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
The ridiculously fast 60-130 is a function of 2 things...awd traction and power. The car actually is not that slow from a dig and if you think about it, it finishes the 60-130 in the first 1/8th mile. I think where this car would shine would be the 2nd 1/8th......the delta in time b/w the 1/8th and 1/4 is nuts (as is the mph which we've mentioned).
Peter
It's not slow by any stretch...but given it's power level, it's not launching nearly as hard as other cars that are better suited for drag racing.

My point is that most cars running 9.1 aren't going to run a 60-130 time as fast as 3.5...but because this car hits so HARD once it gets moving...moreso than other low 9/high 8 second cars, it's 60-130 time is not commensurate with it's E.T.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I see what you are saying, but consider this... The Lambo was running 1,300 rwhp in all gears, in other words, there was no progressive boost control. I think dialing in the boost, he would actually run a quicker et (high 8's) at the same (or similar) mph. What would that do to his 60-130? Likely it would be slightly quicker. You are right that the MPH is crazy for the ET in that "drag cars" typically don't need almost 170 mph to run low 9's...
Pete

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It's not slow by any stretch...but given it's power level, it's not launching nearly as hard as other cars that are better suited for drag racing.

My point is that most cars running 9.1 aren't going to run a 60-130 time as fast as 3.5...but because this car hits so HARD once it gets moving...moreso than other low 9/high 8 second cars, it's 60-130 time is not commensurate with it's E.T.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:38 PM
I see what you are saying, but consider this... The Lambo was running 1,300 rwhp in all gears, in other words, there was no progressive boost control. I think dialing in the boost, he would actually run a quicker et (high 8's) at the same (or similar) mph. What would that do to his 60-130? Likely it would be slightly quicker. You are right that the MPH is crazy for the ET in that "drag cars" typically don't need almost 170 mph to run low 9's...
Pete

Good point, bro. Regardless, this car is a freaking monster.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM
3.53 sec. 60-130 for the TT Gallardo... Almost 1.5G's of longitudinal acceleration...

A few things of note...there were 2 shifts during the run, the 3-4 shift cost about 2 tenths, or more... I bet this car would have run a 3.3 or faster had he rung out 3rd gear another 100 rpm or so. Also, in 3rd gear it was making almost 1.2G's...simply nuts. Lastly, if you go back and look at the 3-4 shift, you can see that by the time he hit 130, the car hadn't even recovered from the shift as the G's were still rising. This car still has 100 rwhp left on the table, with speed dependant boost, a bit more power and no shift from 3-4, it could run in the 2's......

Last edited by houstonT; 04-28-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Its amazing!!
If you notice shifts are not particularly fast but car has so much momentum it keeps on accelerating right through the shifts!!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Some taller tires should enable it to hit 130 in third.

Lets see, If I sell all my cars, my rental house, cash in my investments....of course that would include my sons 529, move out of my house...of course my wife would divorce me, but so what, I could buy a car like this and just park it at the local trailer park and live my dream.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Lets see, If I sell all my cars, my rental house, cash in my investments....of course that would include my sons 529, move out of my house...of course my wife would divorce me, but so what, I could buy a car like this and just park it at the local trailer park and live my dream.
Hell, why not just live in the car. I understand double-wides can be expensive.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
If you look at some previous 60-130 runs, it's RARE on the shifts to have positive acceleration G's...on both the 2-3 and 3-4 shift he stayed positive, nuts! As for 3rd gear, he short shifted at 8k rpm, he can rev it to 8,500 so all he needs to do the next time he tries to 60-130 the car is hold 3rd a bit longer...
Peter

Old 04-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
Hell, why not just live in the car. I understand double-wides can be expensive.
Of course I would live in the car, silly man...drinkin' to much of the creamy creamy Bailey's aren't we now?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Of course I would live in the car, silly man...drinkin' to much of the creamy creamy Bailey's aren't we now?
Be nice! You dont want me to shine that bright light on you!?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Positive acceleration G's during the shifts? DAMMMMN, its not often that you see that. I also agree this car has alot more left in it, especially with all of that mph at the top end. It's capable of running much quicker.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Simply put, impressive..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list