996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:18 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Guys,

Mike (TTBoost) ran some very strong times at the dragstrip recently They told him he had to back it off after the first 2 passes, so he wasn't able to get into the 10's. But he got very close. Congrats, Mike!!

Best E.T.: 11.14 @ 130.59
Best Trap : 133.3
Wow, nice times Mike!

Old 09-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Awesome pass's, Nice 60' but 1/8 mile mph was reading wrong. My car traps 115 in the 1/8 and trapped 148mph.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:13 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Way to go Mike!!
Especially good trap! You should feel some vindication on that one...

Old 09-05-2009, 07:10 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
Way to go Mike!!
Especially good trap! You should feel some vindication on that one...

Thanks guys, thanks Scott. I also felt that my half track speed was a little off. I have 5 timeslips over 113mph, actually running 116mph. Not sure what to make of it. Everyone else was running what they run, but for the record, I expected to be in the 105-108 range...oh well, trap is trap is trap.
I would also like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Tony from EPL, who, after a frantic and aggravating phone call from me at the track, found me a fitting that apparently started to leak somehow on the trailer on the way to the track!!! Was fine the night before??? He went out of his way to arrange for me to meet a guy who had a fitting for my meth system. So thanks to Tony, it wasn't a wasted trip to the track. Thanks Tony.

Thanks to member Brian (vrybad) for his stellar video skills. Here are all 8 runs.

After the first 2 passes they told me 1 more 11 and I'm going home. As you can see, I just rollled out and then took off. The first 2 are the only FULL passes. The 11.14 run had a great 60ft, but it wheel hopped bad and I had to short shift and you can here it bog a little. 10's? probably not, but maybe a low 11.0... The rest of the passes I had to sand bag my 60ft as I have no safety equipment. Apparently my car is unsafe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFdggOYILI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05J094SK1Lk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SCg3ZPyEPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCnCvCPnp9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8maE5yGGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaRbCTKlkJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdvMvLsCv_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0tIgYcvxg

Last edited by ttboost; 09-05-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Awesome pass's, Nice 60' but 1/8 mile mph was reading wrong. My car traps 115 in the 1/8 and trapped 148mph.

I sort of agree Matt. Either something is off, or my car should be trapping 140-142. I'm thinking maybe my stock airbox, piping and paper filter is NOW becoming a restriction? I can see 1 freaky pass, but 5? I'm as confused as you.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Great vids. Man your car really moves out. It sucked how you had to sand bag, but fun to come around thoses cars on the big end. Thanks for posting.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Great vids. Man your car really moves out. It sucked how you had to sand bag, but fun to come around thoses cars on the big end. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Todd. Yeah the guy with the red mustang had a plate that said "fast 94". I told the ticket booth guy to tell him he had to turn his plate in at the tower...

Last edited by ttboost; 09-05-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:19 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Great vids Mike!! Great drivin too!!

Old 09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Great vids Mike!! Great drivin too!!

Thanks Mike. The day started out bad, but got better...

Old 09-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I sort of agree Matt. Either something is off, or my car should be trapping 140-142. I'm thinking maybe my stock airbox, piping and paper filter is NOW becoming a restriction? I can see 1 freaky pass, but 5? I'm as confused as you.
I do see those parts as a restriction on your set up but it would affect your 1/8 mile mph also. Chris Green only trapped 108-109 in the 1/8 and his car made 7XXrwhp. I can see your car trapping 103-108 in the 1/8 but 6 more mph is ridiculous incorrect. I went to the track back in the day with the timers mess up, all night I was trapping 120mph+ in the 1/8mile and I was in a 13 second car. You car is feakin fast for your mods its shows in your 60-130 times, and I am in no way trying to bash you, just dont want you to get your hopes up on an error. Also your 60' foot was awesome, with out the wheel hop you would have easly had your 10 sec pass!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Video Video and time slip of my 10.88 at 133.14mph

from yesterday. The pbox didn't grab satelites for the 10.88 run but I was able to get the other two passes. Temp 96 degrees and humidity 90+. Street tires (PS2's)

Here is a comparison between my previous 10.96 and the 10.94 from yesterday

to quote MBailey,
1st Gear - 5% slower!!
2nd Gear - 9% faster
3rd Gear - 5% faster
4th Gear - 4% faster

Name:  ToddQuarterMileComparo1stGear.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  72.1 KB

Name:  1088slip.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  59.6 KB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdnK_uGXO_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whf0ui2ZSOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKPSKW7ErFU

Old 09-06-2009, 12:51 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Mike,
I agree, I think you would have seen upper 10's had they allowed you to continue.
That short ride I had prior to hitting the track was a good indicator for me how strongly your car pulls.
It makes a lot of torque very quickly.
I knew the car had those 1/4 traps in it!
The car is a beast, makes me want a 996TT badly!
Nice job that day!

Todd,
Your car is a true beast, too.
You keep getting quicker and faster, fantastic!
That Tip really makes a great street-oriented car, very tough to beat.
Nice results, and congrats on the new business venture!

Old 09-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Same here. His car was reallly losing a lot after the 1/8th.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:26 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Same here. His car was reallly losing a lot after the 1/8th.
Yea, Mike and I both thought there may be a problem with the 1/8th traps, but when he kept backing it up, we didn't know what to think!

That is the one problem with Lebanon Valley, there always seems to be an issue with the timing setup, whether it is the far end display, or the lights themselves.
Hopefully, one day they will fix everything.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:49 AM
waymegelli is a jewel in the roughwaymegelli is a jewel in the roughwaymegelli is a jewel in the roughwaymegelli is a jewel in the rough
First time at the 1/4 mile

I went to Dallas Raceway Saturday night for my first attempt at the 1/4 mile. All I've done to the car power-wise is a Europipe exhaust and a Softronic program. My car number was 25. The attached timing slips show my inexperience (#1), two decent runs (#2, #3) and a great run (#4) - but I got beat by a Corvette. He was running race fuel and nitrous, so I'm still happy. I had an in-car video camera and got the first three runs, but confusion at the starting line for my last run made me forget to turn it on.

Attached Images     

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list