996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
greg schroeder is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chinitowest
Once again thanks for looking at the data. My new 60-130 is 6.26. Here is the graph. Funny what a little race fuel can do ..

Nice data. That's fast. You even had a .4 second shift in there too it looks like. It would be good to see more of these with the slope data, shifts and such included. Very interesting.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phillym5
Any of you guys know the 60-130 for the Mclaren F1??
I would guess mid 6's.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
autoaddictions is infamous around these parts
my time slips

These are 2 of my time slips for my 02 996 tt AWD. Full weight 19" rims
Evo stage 2 mods.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5092863"

Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Tito,

In the very first post of this thread, you'll notice that I've limited it to 996 and 997 cars only. I was originally going to include earlier 911's as well, but a few forum members stated that they wanted 996 and 996 only in the list, and I agreed since no one argued against it.
Would you be kind enough to include my 7.7?

Thanks Scott.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Would you be kind enough to include my 7.7?

Thanks Scott.
Has KPG verified it yet?

Old 04-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
No, but several hundred people witnessed it at the Supra Nats. It was on a driftbox. Peter Blach has the info.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Several million people could have witnessed it. Doesn't matter.

KPG reviews all submissions to make sure there weren't any errors with the way the Driftbox extrapolated the run. As is written in the very first post of this thread, this requirement is for everyone...not just you. All you have to is PM him. He'll take care of you.

Also, all submitted graphs must be reviewed for accuracy and approved by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) before the time is posted. Current SME's are 'Jean' for AX-22 graphs, and 'KPG' for Driftbox graphs.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Alrighty Scott, since Peter has the data I will ask him to send it to KPG.

However, I must note that you/KPG posted the results from other competitors from this event:

4.6 - 1100 rwhp TT Viper
4.8 - 900 rwhp Supra (88GT47, TH400, no NOS)
4.9 - 940 rwhp Supra (35 psi)
5.1 - 840 rwhp Supra (30 psi)
5.4 - 1,000 rwhp TT Viper

hence I do not understand why you did not get my data already. Did Peter send their info and not mine? That is dissapointing since I did the competition expressly for the purpose of breaking into my brethren 6speedonliners standings.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 04-02-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:33 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Those times are listed "for sake of comparison".
We all have had our times verified to keep it as accurate as possible.
It is possible they did things wrong that day (I doubt it nor am I suggesting it),
You have an amazing car that ran a strong 60-130, we want accuracy, nothing more.

Marty K.

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 04-02-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Those times are listed "for sake of comparison".
We all have had our times verified to keep it as accurate as possible.
It is possible they did things wrong that day (I doubt it nor am I suggesting it),
You have an amazing car that ran a strong 60-130, we want accuracy, nothing more.

Marty K.
Exactly.

I can't verify the times from the listed production cars either, but since they're only for comparison purposes...I'm not worried about it.

I added a caveat to the list in order to prevent any confusion in the future:

For the sake of comparison, here are some 60-130 times for very fast street and production vehicles:
*NOTE: Since the data of the below runs have not been reviewed by 6speed SME's, their accuracy can not be guaranteed.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-02-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Scott,

I accept your decision. However, I am also highly enthusiastic about promoting 60-130 competitions and would like to propose an idea:

First, the 60-130 competition is a great event that, to my knowledge, originated here on 6speed. It basically replicates the typical street race. And although our cars were designed primarily for road course/track competition, they have proven very capable of being comptetative in the 60-130 event. People in general know that Porsches are fast on the track, but they don't understand what a good track time means. However, everyone understands what it is like to race from 60-130. So the 60-130 should also have mass appeal and prove to be popular for spectators.

Thus I am a big proponent of more competitions. However, unless competitors can expect at least a modicum of accolades, I don't believe they will invest the time, money, and effort to excell. For example, in my case I spent quite a bit of time and money preparing for the event I competed in. I probably bored everyone (several other members of this board and one sponser in particular) with my constant inquiries into how I could make my car faster "so that I could break into the 6speed rankings."

What I propose is that for future events we design some type of pre-arranged corrospondence with the board SME's so that competetors know that their results will be part of the forum. I know that it is somwhat immature of me to care so much about what my fellow 6speed members think, but I do. I was already making plans for next year, lol

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 04-02-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:49 PM
SNIP...

Thus I am a big proponent of more competitions. However, unless competitors can expect at least a modicum of accolades, I don't believe they will invest the time, money, and effort to excell. For example, in my case I spent quite a bit of time and money preparing for the event I competed in. I probably bored everyone (several other members of this board and one sponser in particular) with my constant inquiries into how I could make my car faster "so that I could break into the 6speed rankings."

What I propose is that for future events we design some type of pre-arranged corrospondence with the board SME's so that competetors know that their results will be part of the forum. I know that it is somwhat immature of me to care so much about what my fellow 6speed members think, but I do. I was already making plans for next year, lol
Sean,

Rennlist started the Porsche 60-130 rankings...I'm only leveraging off their idea, but with our cars.

Your time(s) are definitely welcome to be included in the list. They simply need to be verfied first. I actually enjoy adding times to the lists...but every run must be verified by the SME's first.

Both Kevin and Jean are more than happy to review all runs, and the requirement for verification has been posted and underlined directly above the 60-130 list since it's inception.

As far as the recent Supra event, I posted to Peter on Supraforums in January that we'd be happy to verify runs for accuracy after the event was over. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...&postcount=102

In your case, all you have to do is get the digital data from Peter and send it to KPG. Or, you can borrow a Driftbox from someone on the forum, do some new runs on your own...and then submit the data to KPG for verification. You may even run a better time during the new run(s). Heck...you might even consider buying a box yourself. It's only $500.00, and is definitely worth the cost.

I'm sorry you weren't aware of the requirements for verification, but like I said...it's been written directly above the list the entire time. I'm not sure what more I can do.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-02-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
No prob, Scott. Actually, there was a strong headwind that day and I am sure I can get into the low 7's.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:55 PM
No prob, Scott. Actually, there was a strong headwind that day and I am sure I can get into the low 7's.
I have no doubt that your car is capable of low 7's.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:55 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Sean,

Rennlist started the Porsche 60-130 rankings.
I could have sworn Bill S was the originator of the idea.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=19402

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list