996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jmoney
-Verified with 2.12% Decline
Now it's verified. 6.36 with 1-shift. Nice job.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Member TTdude ran a very solid 7.32 with 0-shifts (4th gear pull) in Proto 997TT (ICs, modded VTG's, ECU) with FVD race exhaust.

Great job, Dave!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:43 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
very nice!!! I'm gonna have to try this 0 shift stuff. Have you compared 2shift, 1 shift no shift on any or all of your cars Scott? You always did 2 shift right?

Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
very nice!!! I'm gonna have to try this 0 shift stuff. Have you compared 2shift, 1 shift no shift on any or all of your cars Scott? You always did 2 shift right?
Thanks but they way you were coaching me, I thought you had done this before. You mean to tell me, I was your guinea pig?

Old 04-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I've never tried 0-shifts. In my P-cars, I've always been faster with 2-shifts than with 1.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTdude
Thanks but they way you were coaching me, I thought you had done this before. You mean to tell me, I was your guinea pig?
tip or manual ?

U need to get 93 octane...We saw 6.7sec ( 60-130 ) 1 shift

Old 04-04-2010, 03:42 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
When I said stay in 4th until redline, I meant AFTER you shifted from 3rd!!! I've always done 1 shift, 3rd to 4th.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:13 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Actually, I have gotten my fastest times with the zero shift method. Iam not alone in that regard, Don (DMK) had a kit very similar to mine, also had his best time with the zero shift method.
Another positive aspect of the zero shift method is reproducability. By removing the variable of shift speed/respool, my runs are all within 0.1s for a given session. I believe they also correlate closely with the power the car is making since it is essentially a dynamic fourth gear dyno pull with viariables of driver skill and turbo respool removed.
Iam not saying this method is best or it will work for everyone. It is worth some experimentation to see how it compares to whatever other method you have used, imo.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
When I said stay in 4th until redline, I meant AFTER you shifted from 3rd!!! I've always done 1 shift, 3rd to 4th.
Hey Coach, I did that but shifted at 52 mph. Next time could please indicate the speed at which I should shift from 3rd to 4th. So much for free advice.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
tip or manual ?

U need to get 93 octane...We saw 6.7sec ( 60-130 ) 1 shift
Agreed. This run was just to get a data point for what this set-up can do with 91. Next time I do this is going to be with much better fuel. The car is a manual.

Originally Posted by MBailey
Actually, I have gotten my fastest times with the zero shift method. Iam not alone in that regard, Don (DMK) had a kit very similar to mine, also had his best time with the zero shift method.
Another positive aspect of the zero shift method is reproducability. By removing the variable of shift speed/respool, my runs are all within 0.1s for a given session. I believe they also correlate closely with the power the car is making since it is essentially a dynamic fourth gear dyno pull with viariables of driver skill and turbo respool removed.
Iam not saying this method is best or it will work for everyone. It is worth some experimentation to see how it compares to whatever other method you have used, imo.
Thanks MBailey. It's fun to experiment, especially with the Pbox. I did notice (and commented) on the 0 shift from your Pbox plot which is why I wasn't too concerned when TTboost suggested I try it (or at least I thought he was suggesting to do so ). After doing this a couple of times, I completely agree with you about reproducibility and "dynamic fourth gear dyno pull". Next time I want to datalog some engine parameters along with the run. My shifting ability leaves much to be desired so I'm glad I tried the 0 shift technique.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey Coach, I did that but shifted at 52 mph. Next time could please indicate the speed at which I should shift from 3rd to 4th. So much for free advice.

OK...let me be clear. Start in 3rd gear, at 30-35mph. STOMP on the pedal on the right, when the tach hits 6500, shift into 4th as fast as you can (do NOT hit the limiter in 3rd) STAY in 4th gear until you hit the limiter to make sure you don't lift at 129 mph. Oh.. and if you feel cheated on the free advice, feel free to Paypal me a few bucks for this. Good luck!!!

Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Does any one have 60-130 data on the new 7.2 PDK? I cant seem to find any on the boards. THX

Old 04-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Does any one have 60-130 data on the new 7.2 PDK? I cant seem to find any on the boards. THX
I would be very interested in this too. Is your car a Tip?

Old 04-04-2010, 06:45 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
About 8.5s according to C&D...
http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...a3178f3be3.pdf

Old 04-04-2010, 06:50 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
I would be very interested in this too. Is your car a Tip?
No my car is a 6speed, but I had the chance to drive a 7.2 PDK yesterday and it felt STRONG! I was thinking it had to be strong on a 60-130 vbox!

Originally Posted by MBailey
This for sure is not its best. Thanks for the info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list