996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Here's the video. I tried setting the camera up so you could see the P-box screen, but I was having a hard time securing it in a good spot.

http://media.putfile.com/Stock-C6-Z06-786-60-130

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-15-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by acicchelli
Great time Scott, we are nearly dead even. I still think you have the conditions advantage over me, by how much I dont know.
Well, I need every advantage I can get since I have to shift and you don't.

My 2nd to 3rd shift cost me .13 seconds and my 3rd to 4th cost me .16 seconds for 3rd and 4th. Without shifts, I could have hit 7.5x...but of course, that's part of owning a manual.

Have you had a chance to rerun your 911?
Not today. I had an appointment I had to go to right after I got back from the running the Z.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-15-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Well, I need every advantage I can get since I have to shift and you don't.

My 2nd to 3rd shift cost me .13 seconds and my 3rd to 4th cost me .16 seconds for 3rd and 4th. Without shifts I could have hit 7.5x.

Not today. I had an appointmment I had to go to right after I got back from the running the Z.
Scott, you are a shifting ****! My one TTG shift on my 5.22 run took .4 seconds, and that is with Egear.

To keep you motivated, I took the SL65 out again today and pulled a 7.48 sec. 60-130mph run on a 2.3% decline. Temp was quite a bit warmer and very sunny at 60 degrees. Today, the pressure was better at 30.27 and humidity was down to around 32%. I still think she has better 60-130 times in her in ideal conditions (for around here).

I do think the conditions were nearly ideal (for around here) for 0-60 and 0-100mph runs. I ripped off my best ever in that car today, resulting in 3.63 and 7.38 seconds respectively. (same run) Elevation was almost perfectly flat with only a 5 foot drop across over 600 feet. On that run my 60' was 2.050 @ 35.53, 330' was 5.20 @ 78.31 and the 1/8 was 7.68 @ 102.53.

I emailed you the dbn file for the 60-130mph run of 7.48 Scott, thanks.

Attached Images     
Old 04-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by acicchelli
Scott, you are a shifting ****! My one TTG shift on my 5.22 run took .4 seconds, and that is with Egear.

To keep you motivated, I took the SL65 out again today and pulled a 7.48 sec. 60-130mph run on a 2.3% decline. Temp was quite a bit warmer and very sunny at 60 degrees. Today, the pressure was better at 30.27 and humidity was down to around 32%. I still think she has better 60-130 times in her in ideal conditions (for around here).
Arggh...dammit! Verified.

LOL...you are really making me work here.

I do think the conditions were nearly ideal (for around here) for 0-60 and 0-100mph runs. I ripped off my best ever in that car today, resulting in 3.63 and 7.38 seconds respectively. (same run) Elevation was almost perfectly flat with only a 5 foot drop across over 600 feet. On that run my 60' was 2.050 @ 35.53, 330' was 5.20 @ 78.31 and the 1/8 was 7.68 @ 102.53.

Your weather conditions are awesome right now, Aaron. You really need to do get out and do another run in the TTG ASAP!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-15-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:46 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Arggh...dammit! Verified.

LOL...you are really making me work here.

Your weather conditions are awesome right now, Aaron. You really need to do get out and do another run in the TTG ASAP!
Hehe, thanks Scott,

I am going to give the SL65 a break and let you catch up . I am planning on doing some runs in the TTG tomorrow, traffic is a nightmare now. I think it will be a little bit warmer around 70 degrees tomorrow, hopefully the humidity and pressure will cooperate too.

Aaron

Old 04-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Scott when you get a chance could you move me up a spot on the list, you changed the time, but didnt resort the order.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Jean,

The P-box shows not only the slope angles, but also the start height, end height, and total difference in height (positive or negative) over the entire distance of the run..
Scott, the AX22 does also exactly the same. The graph I posted above is showing altitude, beginning and end, could also show you distance etc..

I simply divide the distance into the height for the percentage. If it exceeds a total downward slope angle of 3.0%, I won't allow the run to be on the list. ..
Makes perfect sense.

IRT the AX-22 showing elevation/height...this is news to me. Non of the graphs you guys ever post on Rennlist ever show height/elevation (so for all we know, many of those runs might have occurred on 10% declines)....and TB993TT even stated in a thread that the AX-22 did not not measure slope or elevation (discussion begins at post #159 http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...+12DegC&page=5 ). ..
Scott, in that thread I showed clearly that the device shows altitude . TB might have posted that, but it was not correct. The Race tech software comes with different versions for different devices from the same family (just like for example the Dbox vs Pbox etc..) you just need to use the DL1 version option by clicking on it. In any case, you currently have the altitude option on all of the software versions. No run posted there is inaccurate, they have all been validated at length, just the same as here, and at least as thoroughly, I don't understand why you would think otherwise since anyway the runs seen here recently are faster?

Regardless, I'm simply not 100% comfortable with the accuracy of the AX-22. But I am with the D and/or P-box.
Oh I am not trying to convince you of doing otherwise, but for the sakes of "factuality"(is that a word? ), none of these performance GPS devices have very accurate altitude measurements, however I have seen the same track at the same point and level and subsequent laps give you two quite different altitudes on the Pbox, I have a shot of it even. I have also seen cars showing acceleration and increasing their speed while long Gs were negative, and not only during shifts (even if you see your Z06 run for instance). This is impossible. Now this does not necessarily mean that the time was wrong, but only trying to say that it is not as accurate as you might think.

If my experience at the track can be useful, I use extensively the AX22 and its measurements are spot on lap after lap on all parameters. I also use a Pbox for its convenience and size rather.

This 60-130 has been going on for 3-4 years for me now and I lost interest in it, but I enjoy seeing how far it has gone, and especially, enjoy seeing records broken, especially from people I know!

Old 04-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Thank you for the great information, Jean. It's much appreciated.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
So that means my 8.16 run on the AX22 counts right?

Heh heh, just kidding (but no, not really)

Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Scott, you are welcome.

Jimmer, your run still doesn't count, it was too cold!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
If the AX22 is valid, why not assign a willing expert to validate the runs? I paid $800 for the thing last year with a desire to post some runs this summer. If it's not a valid tool, I'll replace it. Otherwise, why not get a trusted & willing scrutinizer to approve its data?

Mike

Old 04-17-2008, 12:06 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Jean knows it better than anyone. Hmmm...

Old 04-18-2008, 01:25 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
a trusted & willing scrutinizer to approve its data?

Mike
My nomination for the AX-22 aka Axis of evil, is for Sean "W's *****" Reid to be the The Central Scrutinizer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUJpnbO3YNc

Last edited by TXGold; 04-18-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:43 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Congrats to TXGold, Ryan, I just got his 8.40 file and am waiting on Scott to verify.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Congrats to TXGold, Ryan, I just got his 8.40 file and am waiting on Scott to verify.
Looks good, Peter. I get 8.40 as well. Congrats Ryan! Here's the new graph:

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list