996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Congrats on the great time, Tym and David!! That is really hauling ***, and I'm positive you'll get into the 4's with time.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Congrats on the great time, Tym and David!! That is really hauling ***, and I'm positive you'll get into the 4's with time.
thanks. i am sure it has got a 4.xx sec run in it. regardless, i am very pleased with the way this project has turned out.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Congratulations David and Tym . . . that is a VERY impressive time!!! Well done!

Craig

Old 09-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Tym Switzer just ran a 4.86 with 1-shift on a .09% incline in dk996tt's Sledgehammer 997TT! Congrats, Tym!!

Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Bad ***. The Sledgehammer is serious.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Bad ***. The Sledgehammer is serious.
No doubt. He's getting awfully close. I think I need to pour in some race gas and get in some new runs in this cool weather.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Wow, that's a serious time!!! Congrats Tym and David!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:52 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Tym Switzer just ran a 4.86 with 1-shift on a .09% incline in dk996tt's Sledgehammer 997TT! Congrats, Tym!!

Yikes!!
That's quick!

Nice run, gentlemen!!

I'd guess there may be more in it, too.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vrybad
Yikes!!
That's quick!

Nice run, gentlemen!!

I'd guess there may be more in it, too.
there is always alittle more left . but at this point, i don't think it matters. tym just wanted a 4.xx run for the record. actually all it took was a fresh set of plugs!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Congrats to you guys! That is just an awesome accomplishment on stock internals, that's just crazy. So, I guess I should be asking can you email ME this tune...LOL. Seriously, how do we get one of the standalone set ups??? I am impressed. Please, please take some videos of this monster in action!!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
Congrats to you guys! That is just an awesome accomplishment on stock internals, that's just crazy. So, I guess I should be asking can you email ME this tune...LOL. Seriously, how do we get one of the standalone set ups??? I am impressed. Please, please take some videos of this monster in action!!!!
i am sure tym can email you the tune ...LOL... actually, tym has the 4.86 second run on video. he will post soon! I talked to tym today, he is still working on some of the gravy options (launch control, 2 step, etc.). i think he is planning on just doing a handful of these packages per year since each car will to come to his shop for now.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
SIMPLY AWESOME! Congrats guys!
Peter

Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
4.86, thats movin!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor
Tym Switzer is infamous around these parts
My apologies on the video footage... the camera apparently had a difficult time writing to its mini dvd under the acceleration runs... I've been able to view some of them, but I haven't been able to copy the data to edit and post.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

Don't worry about us, Scott! Your car is a monster and you've got some mad driving ability!

I'm happy that we were able to get the car into the 4's considering its weight. It's still an absolutely full weight 997 Turbo with all of the amenities it was shipped with... not to mention that I'm not the lightest of drivers.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Holy Hannah, that is insane.

That is one serious full weight street car, wow. Just wow.

Cool stuff. I believe some competitive stuff being developed right now doesnt have
a chance to equal/better this.

Congrats, Tym!! (and David)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list