996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:01 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Mike,

Nice run bud. You'll pick another couple tenths soon I know it.
Thanks bro!! Expecting some more good news from you any day!!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The tip cars shift so quickly it's hard see any differences between them.

As far as p-box vs dragstrip times, it depends on whether the 1-oot rollout is used or not. Not sure if this was used or not here. But, the trap speeds are normally dead-on (pretty much).

The 0-60 of this car makes a 10.5 very believable, but until he goes to the strip, we won't know for sure.
What do u mean by 1-foot rollout?

I'm sure it is from standstill...He is using 997 GT2 and they still not hook up

Old 11-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
What do u mean by 1-foot rollout?

I'm sure it is from standstill...He is using 997 GT2 and they still not hook up
1-foot roll-out is a setting on the p,d, or v-box. It has nothing to do with whether the car hooks or not. The car still starts from a standstill. The 1-foot roll-out simulates an actual dragstrip timing system, since at a strip, the time doesn't start until the front tires leave the beam.

Also, it's not a GT2. It's a TT. GT2's don't come with Tiptronic trannys.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:15 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
The tip cars shift so quickly it's hard see any differences between them.

As far as p-box vs dragstrip times, it depends on whether the 1-oot rollout is used or not. Not sure if this was used or not here. But, the trap speeds are normally dead-on (pretty much).

The 0-60 of this car makes a 10.5 very believable, but until he goes to the strip, we won't know for sure.
I have had a lot of experience at the dragstrip while using the Vbox. As long as the 1 foot rollout is enabled, the E.T. will be nearly dead on everytime with the most variance I have seen being less than a tenth of a second.

On the other hand, the trap speeds are measured quite differently. The dragstrip uses a time between 2 distance points to calculate the trap speed, whereas the Vbox actually tells you the speed at the exact end of the quarter. This doesn't usally cause a huge difference (maybe 1-2mph on a 130mph trapping car), but the Vbox trap speed IS higher than the dragstrip. This is especially apparent on the 1/8 mile trap speed or wherever the car is still rapidly accelerating (most cars are not rapidly accelerating near the end of the quarter).

Even though the Vbox measures true trap speed more accurately IMO, using it to compare to drag strip trap speeds can be deceiving.

Aaron

Old 11-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VBOXKING
I have had a lot of experience at the dragstrip while using the Vbox. As long as the 1 foot rollout is enabled, the E.T. will be nearly dead on everytime with the most variance I have seen being less than a tenth of a second.

On the other hand, the trap speeds are measured quite differently. The dragstrip uses a time between 2 distance points to calculate the trap speed, whereas the Vbox actually tells you the speed at the exact end of the quarter. This doesn't usally cause a huge difference (maybe 1-2mph on a 130mph trapping car), but the Vbox trap speed IS higher than the dragstrip. This is especially apparent on the 1/8 mile trap speed or wherever the car is still rapidly accelerating (most cars are not rapidly accelerating near the end of the quarter).

Even though the Vbox measures true trap speed more accurately IMO, using it to compare to drag strip trap speeds can be deceiving.

Aaron
Thanks for info, Aaron. That's exactly why I don't allow them to be used for the 1/4 mile list.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-02-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thanks bro.

Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Congratulations art!!!
I was on my way to BBi for the wet t-shirt & car wash contest

Originally Posted by PALETTE
Art your holding out on us again arnt you.... LOL Nice quick pass BTW did you do that on the way to get the Milk? LOL
Thanks Mike you are very generous

Originally Posted by ttboost
Yeah, he's just toying with us...that car has a 4.80 minimum in it all day...
Ben, thanks for the compliment.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Guys,

Member Blacksheep ran a 5.88 with 1-shift in his 08 Z51 C6 Corvette. Mods are a P1 Procharger and Meth on the stock block, stock heads, small cam and headers. The car makes 710 rwhp.

Nice job!

Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Guys,

Member Blacksheep ran a 5.88 with 1-shift in his 08 Z51 C6 Corvette. Mods are a P1 Procharger and Meth on the stock block, stock heads, small cam and headers. The car makes 710 rwhp.

Nice job!
Congrats! Good numbers for a stock bottom end car. How much boost are you running?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:53 PM
BlackSheep is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Congrats! Good numbers for a stock bottom end car. How much boost are you running?
Thanks! It's running 12psi. I wish I could of made the pull starting in 2nd instead of 3rd, I may of been able to squeeze another tenth or 2 off of it, just too much wheel spin in 2nd.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackSheep
Thanks! It's running 12psi. I wish I could of made the pull starting in 2nd instead of 3rd, I may of been able to squeeze another tenth or 2 off of it, just too much wheel spin in 2nd.
You must feel the meth does its job to run 12 lbs on a stock bottom end. Get some good drag radials on that thing. I am running 345/35R18 M&H and they hook like a **** once they are hot.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Tym Switzer ran a 4.25 second 60-130mph in the Sledgehammer on a 0.5% decline. Shift was a very solid 0.2 seconds. What an amazing time, great job!

Aaron

Attached Images   

Last edited by VBOXKING; 11-02-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Wow...an new all time Porsche 60-130 record!

Congrats, Tim!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
That is getting really close to my TT Gallardo time. Speaking from experience, I will definitely say that 4.25 seconds is scary fast. Cant wait to get my hands on my Sledgehammer!

Aaron

Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
That is a quick one shift, congrats Switz!!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Congrats Les. Your car is gonna be absolutely ridiculous!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list