996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

gt700 unleashed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by grussell
Ok, it's going to get picked up and get the GT700 treatment! woohoo!
Hahaha. Awesome.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Ok, it's going to get picked up and get the GT700 treatment! woohoo!
LOL...that's pretty funny. Took a lot of "arm-twisting", it seems.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-10-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:30 AM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Haha that's exactly what's been going through my mind after reading those dam threads by Joe(RenntechV12).
Vince, your turn!

Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Brad
What TB did you end using. Hope everythings go well.
I ended up going T04E 46trim wheels. 41#, similar to the 18G compressors on divexxtreme's car.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
sweet man........enjoy it and continue whippin those bikes.......

Old 08-10-2006, 06:59 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Vince, your turn!
Garrett
Alright I am game, lets get a couple more GT700 GT2 into Divexxtreme 10 sec list.
Who cares about road course racing when you can live ten seconds at a time.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:00 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Acropora
I ended up going T04E 46trim wheels. 41#, similar to the 18G compressors on divexxtreme's car.
Cool keep us posted.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:02 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Garrett
Alright I am game, lets get a couple more GT700 GT2 into Divexxtreme 10 sec list.
How about a 10 second car that can lap everybody on the roadcourse too

Old 08-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
How about a 10 second car that can lap everybody on the roadcourse too
Then it's pennies well spent...

Old 08-10-2006, 07:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Dammit Joe! You went red on the y-pipe too! Mike always said mine wasn't metro-sexual enough for him

I can't wait to see what you do with "real" weather. I'll come out like last year later on...

Old 08-10-2006, 07:13 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Garrett
Excellent!

Actually, I am doing the GT700 to improve the power band for road course work. With the stage 4 I have a hole until 4200 rpm and then BAM all hell breaks loose. It is more like on/off throttle. Coming out of the corners I cannot throttle steer the rear end. It's more like brake hard, floor it at the apex and the power comes on after I am pointed straight. The N/A cars will pull on me coming out of sharp corners. I am hoping the GT700 will give me a more linear response and a lower rpm boost in tq. I am not looking for more power just better power. I run the race program in stage 4, but I will try the pump program with race gas in the GT700 on the track. Todd told me it would be a better power band for the track. I am sure she will never see a drag strip.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
You'll be in a different world. Those K24s are lag-city by comparison.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Excellent!

Actually, I am doing the GT700 to improve the power band for road course work. With the stage 4 I have a hole until 4200 rpm and then BAM all hell breaks loose. It is more like on/off throttle. Coming out of the corners I cannot throttle steer the rear end. It's more like brake hard, floor it at the apex and the power comes on after I am pointed straight. The N/A cars will pull on me coming out of sharp corners. I am hoping the GT700 will give me a more linear response and a lower rpm boost in tq. I am not looking for more power just better power. I run the race program in stage 4, but I will try the pump program with race gas in the GT700 on the track. Todd told me it would be a better power band for the track. I am sure she will never see a drag strip.
I do agree about the horrible lag on K24 TBs. It seems like an eternity waiting for it to spool up while having the Z06 guy behind you. At time I even had to trail brake with my left foot while maintaining the boost with the right foot sweeping out of corners.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
toobular is infamous around these parts
Awesome - love to hear it when a 996TT shows a sport bike what's up on the highway... Congrats on the decision!

Old 08-10-2006, 07:34 PM
toobular is infamous around these parts
BTW - vincentdds - any threads with pics of your car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gt700 unleashed