996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 Cage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 06:32 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
GT2 Cage

Im trying to decide what cage is the best, is everyone going with the stock Clubsport cage or is there better alternativs out there

Old 08-08-2006, 06:34 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Are you going to be Racing the car competitively? If not, why not just get the factory roll bar with the cross braces for harnesses? A full cage is a pain, to get in an out of in a car that you use regularly.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:43 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Are you going to be Racing the car competitively? If not, why not just get the factory roll bar with the cross braces for harnesses? A full cage is a pain, to get in an out of in a car that you use regularly.
I have no problem with get in and out the car, im not going to race the car but i like the look and the added seafty of the cage, same with the gt3 seat that will mounted at the same time..

Old 08-08-2006, 06:45 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
You are aware that a full cage will have cross beams by the doors,(That you will have to "hop" over) and beams going down the pillar, (on each side of your front window) going in trough your dash and into the floor?

Old 08-08-2006, 06:48 PM
SMR
You are aware that a full cage will have cross beams by the doors,(That you will have to "hop" over) and beams going down the pillar, (on each side of your front window) going in trough your dash and into the floor?
Not the Clubsport cage....Or im I wrong..?

Old 08-08-2006, 06:50 PM
SMR

Old 08-08-2006, 06:55 PM
acw
acw is infamous around these parts
I believe that what you refer to as a cage is really a rollbar. A full cage would make the car non street legal because you would have to remove the inside door panel to make room for the side protection and also because you need to ware an helmet to drive a car with a full cage.... A full cage would have a bar right in front and of the left side of your head. Without an helmet you could be seriously injured in a minor incident.

To answer your question, the techipment bar should be all you need if you want some roll protection and support for an harness. If you are in the SF bay area, a local race car fabricator makes awesome rollbar for Porsche. His name is TCDesign. www.tcdesignfab.com

AW

Old 08-08-2006, 06:56 PM
acw
PS: here is a pic of my cup car which has full cage:

Old 08-08-2006, 06:57 PM
SMR
No i do not mean a full cage, i meaning a full cage ala CS cage...

Old 08-08-2006, 07:00 PM
SMR
Here is a picture from Grussell super nice Gt2 with the CS cage...Is people here not familiar with the CS and the Cs equipment..?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:03 PM
acw
CS cages are not available in the US. But anyhow, I don't think anyone should drive a car with a front cage section without an helmet...

I hope this helps.

AW

Old 08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I guess it does not have the door cross beams, but as you can see, the front bars will have to go in somewhere. You may want to contact Gert and find out if you will need to butcher your dash.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
SMR
Originally Posted by acw
CS cages are not available in the US. But anyhow, I don't think anyone should drive a car with a front cage section without an helmet...

I hope this helps.

AW
Here in Europe Porsche sell the Cs for the street and they have no rules that you must have a helmet on when you drive on the street....

Old 08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
SMR
I guess it does not have the door cross beams, but as you can see, the front bars will have to go in somewhere. You may want to contact Gert and find out if you will need to butcher your dash.
No need to contact him, i already know all about the Cs cage i think there is to know.., it's a bolt in cage from porsche the fit is perfect,no need to cat anything more then the carpet but i was woundering if there was any options out ther like from heigo or something simular, but it looks most people in the US goes for the TEQ roll bar

Last edited by SMR; 08-08-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SMR
Here in Europe Porsche sell the Cs for the street and they have no rules that you must have a helmet on when you drive on the street....
Yea use at your own risk. Having those bars close to your head presents serious danger for yourself. But if thats worth "looking cool" to you then go for it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 Cage