996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FINALLY found the right exhaust for me!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 11:14 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Old 01-14-2004, 11:18 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Sloth
Yo Chris... your killing me man. Any luck with getting a soundclip made?
Are you kidding me??? I have'nt been able to drive it since the install...Either snow, ice or way too much salt and grit on the roads. Right now, it's -3 F, so there is no washing option...

Sound clip will have to wait...You have heard the clip on the site, have'nt you???

Man, winter sux when you own a nice Porsche....

Old 01-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
haven't you guys seen the porsche commercial (for cayenne) where the cell phone is on the ground near the exhaust? Just wanted to add that the europipe II quiet has the same performance characteristics but not quite as loud. Great choice on the europipe.

Old 01-14-2004, 12:00 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ColorChange
Thanks Donn: Did you talk with Stephan about his rumored exhaust? I don’t remember but was the EP loud tested at the exhaust shootout? How's its performance?

Best regards,

Tim
I did and it sounds very promising. But at the end of the day, I just had to go with a known quantity. Todd (EVO) has dyno'd EP Stage 2 Loud on the EVO 4GT and found that it made 560 at the wheels (with their new intake too). And the sound I could observe for myself.

Also, I see myself switching to loud mode the one day in three years that I run across something really competitive at a stop light. The rest of the time, I'd be running in quiet mode, with a modified stock exhaust. So, I'm not sure I'd see the benefit, although clearly many other guys will benefit from that setup. (Strange as it sounds, I don't drive the car all that hard. )

Old 01-14-2004, 01:01 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Donn:

Who the hell are you crappin Mr. P car weight reduction! That's as bad as Chad saying he hasn't modded his car all that much.

LOL

Not too hard .... yeah right!

Actually, I don't ride hard on the streets at all. I get it out of my system at the track.

Since I have time, I will wait and see how Stephan’s exhaust comes together, if it isn't ready when I am, EP2 loud it is! I'm really hoping to do SOMETHING different than you!

Old 01-14-2004, 03:54 PM
No Substitute is infamous around these parts
You're right about the Europipe loud. It's awesome. There's at least a couple of us in AZ with them now.

Old 01-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ColorChange
Donn:

I'm really hoping to do SOMETHING different than you!
Well, I wouldn't do everything as I did. For example, I highly recommend avoiding vendors that hold out signs saying "will sell wheels for food!"

Old 01-14-2004, 04:12 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by racer63
I was going to put it up on eBay. I am also going to put the X54 tips on eBay.

Stef says the Europipe will be in next week. So, they should be off the car and available next week.

How much do you want for your Fabspeed Quiet for a quick sale? E-mail me if you are interested to sell. Thx!

Old 01-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by No Substitute
You're right about the Europipe loud. It's awesome. There's at least a couple of us in AZ with them now.
Hmmm. From your description, I think it was your car that sold me on the Europipe system! I was at EVO when a car fitting the description of yours came into one of the bays. If it's the same car, your car sounded so good when it came back from the alignment shop it immediately caught my attention and solved my ongoing exhaust dilemma.

I think I owe you dinner, some beer, or maybe some Mobil One!

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2004, 04:23 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
racer63:
you mentioned something about Evo's new intake?
what's it like ^____^ i'm really really interested... hehehe...
is there a pic to it?

Todd: you there? can you briefly describe what's the system like? is that included in the stage 4gtr?

Old 01-14-2004, 06:01 PM
No Substitute is infamous around these parts
Yep that was me. Glad you had a chance to hear it. I'll take you up on your offer.

Old 01-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
The EP loud looks like my #1 choice if I ever upgrade.

Old 01-14-2004, 06:55 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
If it helps to confirm the EP's quality, it should be noted that they built Porsche racing exhausts for over 10 years prior to making street exhausts. Most notable is Manthey Racing in Germany...EP makes all of their custom exhausts for their race cars...

Old 01-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Kuaaina is infamous around these parts
Donn,

you mentioned that you tried "Modified Stock: Slightly more powerful, sounds like stock, but definitely hurts power on a stage 4GT"

I had the Fabspeed on my car and sold it to someone on this board because it was too loud for me.

Todd is installing stage 4GT on my car in next 4 weeks and said he had a modified stock that uses the 100cell CATS instead

Is this what you were referring to as the "modified stock" ?

Sounds like I should go for EP

thanks,
Mark

Old 01-14-2004, 09:34 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
"Sounds like I should go for EP"

Look what I started way back when.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FINALLY found the right exhaust for me!