996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TA exhaust tip question. replicas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 10:52 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Westwood
I bought the same exhaust tips and they are of good quality. Mine were a different Ebay seller but the photos were the same. I have had no problem with them and they installed fine. I also had a problem with spending close to $600 on factory tips.

Roger
Good to know Roger, i might get them as well!

Old 08-11-2006, 08:45 PM
esemes is infamous around these parts
any pics, westwood?

Old 08-11-2006, 09:15 PM
cab4kw is infamous around these parts
Sorry about the immediate repost but I bought the other ones, NOT the Schnell tips. I did not like the way the Schnell ones have a split pipe where the clamps squeeze the split pipe on the tip over the muffler pipe. The other ones fit my Fabspeed perfectly!

Roger

I got the same set from 5th gear after returning the Schnell tips (they stick out way too much from the rear bumper). The first set's plating bubbled after track day at 80 degrees ambient temp. After getting a new set free of charge , the new set seems to be holding up despite discoloration on the center divider. Overall, they look very good compared to stock and you save a lot of $$.

Attached Images   
Old 08-11-2006, 11:30 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
why buy the real ones? I spent $750 on the real techarts, and they dont even fit on the fabspeed. I still need to take them to a muffler shop and get them stretched to fit.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I saw an EBAY set in person that was just not up to par. the ones that are going for 199 I beleive ar eth eones that look to small in the rear exhaust holes. Stay with factory so it fits properly. Just my two Cents!

-SM

Old 08-12-2006, 12:46 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
A whole thread about exhaust tips and who makes better ones=

Old 08-12-2006, 01:07 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZLP
A whole thread about exhaust tips and who makes better ones=
It is funny how often this gets discussed. I just bought a used set of the x73 tips. Ill post pics soon.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Westwood is infamous around these parts
I also get the discoloration from the exhaust but I don't think there is any way around it with the hot exhaust gas coming out directly on the intersecting area. I polish them a little every time I wash the car to get the black crap off them and they look great. They are such a good copy of the factory ones that I wonder if they are made in the same place?

Roger

Old 08-13-2006, 02:05 AM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by maxwell
why buy the real ones? I spent $750 on the real techarts, and they dont even fit on the fabspeed. I still need to take them to a muffler shop and get them stretched to fit.
Hmmm... mine fits just fine. TA tip + Fabspeed freakin'-loud. I must admit I didn't put it on, Tom from Lucent did.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:07 AM
woolyg is infamous around these partswoolyg is infamous around these parts
I also get the discoloration from the exhaust but I don't think there is any way around it with the hot exhaust gas coming out directly on the intersecting area. I polish them a little every time I wash the car to get the black crap off them and they look great. They are such a good copy of the factory ones that I wonder if they are made in the same place?

Roger
The difference I saw between the T/A tips and oem is the air flow... The T/A tips airflow is directed out the larger side.. The OEM's flow through the intersection so that is why they are always dirty. I Have OEM's... But looked at the T/A ones, but they did not fit the Europipe as the pipe is larger...

Old 08-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Westwood is infamous around these parts
I actually found the Ebay invoice and I purchased mine from Zerotech for $289 plus shipping. The exhaust is able to come out both holes and they honestly look like the factory tips. There is no manufacturer stamp but the mounting was just like the oval Eisenmann tips (factory) that I removed.

Like I said the intersecting point of the two circles is directly in the exhaust flow - so it does get discolored but I would imagine the factory ones suffer from this problem also. I still LOVE the look.

Roger

Old 08-13-2006, 09:15 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by toobular
It could either way...especially buying them off ebay. The guy has good feedback/rating, and he's been around a while. I've spoken to him, but never bought.

If they're no good after some use 2 bills isn't the end of the world...
Hey man, they are made by Shnell is says. I have heard of them but dont know too much. I would see if theres a return policy and buy if there is. Give yourself some assurance should something go wrong with them. Best of luck. U might want to check out hopupracing.com or vividracing.com they both seem to have good prices and are good places to buy from

Old 08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
FYI: The first tip that I bought was a Shnell. You can see the weld mark between the two pipes at the top, it looks sloppy to me. The TA doesn't have the weld mark, it looks much cleaner. However, if you look at the picture in ebay, it looks clean.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:48 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
My question is why don't any of them come with a true dual outlet so the center doesn't get dirty like the Shnell and so they don't look like they're trying to be rice like the TA's since the one side is obviously faux.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:07 AM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
My question is why don't any of them come with a true dual outlet so the center doesn't get dirty like the Shnell and so they don't look like they're trying to be rice like the TA's since the one side is obviously faux.
It's not the tip, it's the single pipe coming off the exhaust.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TA exhaust tip question. replicas